This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by geezer View Post
    A US senator has compared our President (of his own party) to Joe Stalin. But I guess he’s just a RINO snowflake or whatever so everything’s fine...
    Even I, The most generous and hopeful of lifelong conservatives (also “the least racist person ever” and a “very stable genius”) is almost completely without hope for the future at this point. Kill me now.
    He is a flake you know
    CCT '77 & '78
    4 kids
    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

• Originally posted by joecct View Post
      He is a flake you know
      That’s what I keep getting from my Trumpist friends: it’s always the messengers fault. What I wonder is, how long can that go on? Until he betrayed Dear Leader, flake was considered very sensible by Conservative republicans... now he’s insane because he tells the truth? At some point everyone of general influence in politics and education will be pointing to Trump as the worst human we’ve ever seen in the United States. Will you guys STILL be defending him? Is there anything that could shake loose the trance of that kind of hero worship? My fear is, not. And our country will burn because of it. I’m just continually amazed that we haven’t learned the easiest of history lessons here.
      Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
      USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

• Re: POTUS 45:26 - One million tweets DC!

Originally posted by burd View Post
        We Sioux fans have milked the HC teat about dry.

Not that it's not still fun to suck on it now and then.
        .6 seconds
        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

This letter to the Salt Lake City Tribune:

How to explain the Trump scandal to Trump supporters (without really explaining much of anything):

When you look at what’s been going on, you look at what was happening with the Trump campaign and Russia, you’re talking about collusion and obstruction happening over there, a lot of collusion, a lot of obstruction.

You look at it, and you have to ask yourself, I mean, it’s disgraceful what’s been happening there, disgraceful. And a lot of people are seeing that now. A lot of people, I can tell you. You’ve got Lying Donald, you’ve got Crooked Kushner, you’ve got Dim Donald Jr., all of them. Horrible people. Believe me. All of them. Very, very bad people.

I’ve been saying this for a long time. And a lot of people are saying it now, some of them almost as long as me, although I was probably the first to see what was happening. And I said it at the time. I said it. And a lot of people heard me. You heard me. A lot of people heard me. I said it then, right at the beginning.

So, when you look at it, and you see what was going on, what’s going on today. You just have to wonder why isn’t anyone doing anything about this? What the hell is going on here? It’s a disgrace. And a lot of people are seeing that now. Believe me.

Robert Hammer, Salt Lake City

Comment

Originally posted by French Rage View Post
            Unqualified *****.
            **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
            Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Pay close attention to the happenings of Fusion GPS. They are the source behind the dossier that has most of you in a huff.

Comment

The infamous Russia dossier was not the sole basis for the FBI's investigation into Donald Trump's ties to Russia, according to a newly public document that notched a tactical win for Democrats inside Washington, D.C.
                https://www.npr.org/2018/01/10/57689...he-russia-saga
                **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

The Schutzstaffel lines up to support their Furher.

Comment

Originally posted by geezer View Post
                    That’s what I keep getting from my Trumpist friends: it’s always the messengers fault. What I wonder is, how long can that go on? Until he betrayed Dear Leader, flake was considered very sensible by Conservative republicans... now he’s insane because he tells the truth? At some point everyone of general influence in politics and education will be pointing to Trump as the worst human we’ve ever seen in the United States. Will you guys STILL be defending him? Is there anything that could shake loose the trance of that kind of hero worship? My fear is, not. And our country will burn because of it. I’m just continually amazed that we haven’t learned the easiest of history lessons here.
                    I am more of a pragmatist than a party person so I can't wrap my brain around blindly following any party platform. (putting me at a disadvantage to begin with). I cannot understand how intelligent people aren't able to extrapolate what the outcomes will be with the current screwing of the population that most supports him. I keep asking this question and no one will answer me- how the heck do people explain their acceptance of this to their children? THe adults can be willfully blind and pretend things aren't happening but kids don't have the automatic rejection built into adult bias. How do you explain to your kid it is OK for a grown up to say what he says? How do you explain to a kid that he claims to be Christian and then does all the things they would be chastised if they even considered.

This is like watching Stockholm Syndrome for a whole country. Or probably more apt- watching a person in an abusive relationship making excuses or normalizing their partner beating them. Oh, he didn't mean it. You don't understand, he is stressed. He knows what is best for me. I don't believe in divorce...

I always knew tRump was a big skank. Being from the East Coast- He's hit the news regularly since I was in my last yr of HS/beginning college. I have been continually amazed at what people are willing to forget and despite decades of him being the biggest a55hole there is, I still haven't learned to get over it. Knowing he was a jerk I gave him up for a lost cause but the thing that has been devastating has been the people who I respected being willing to look the other way, fall in line, or actively defend the worst of the worst. How do these people live with themselves? Mourning the loss of negotiation, compromise, intelligent debate and morality.

Comment

Les (et al)

The Dems ran the candidate the party wanted and the states didn't. The GOP ran a candidate the party didn't want but the states did.

Probably in any other year, the election of tD (TtB) doesn't happen. But the electorate was (still is?) in a fickle mood and the "normal" was tossed in favor of anti establishment.
                      CCT '77 & '78
                      4 kids

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                      - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                        Les (et al)

The Dems ran the candidate the party wanted and the states didn't. The GOP ran a candidate the party didn't want but the states did.

Probably in any other year, the election of tD (TtB) doesn't happen. But the electorate was (still is?) in a fickle mood and the "normal" was tossed in favor of anti establishment.
                        That's beside the point, which is Trump (described accurately below). How can any moral person support him?

He is proud, knowing nothing, but doting about questions and strifes of words, whereof cometh envy, strife, railings, evil surmisings,
                        Perverse disputings of men of corrupt minds, and destitute of the truth, supposing that gain is godliness: from such withdraw thyself.
                        But godliness with contentment is great gain.
                        For we brought nothing into this world, and it is certain we can carry nothing out.
                        And having food and raiment let us be therewith content.
                        But they that will be rich fall into temptation and a snare, and into many foolish and hurtful lusts, which drown men in destruction and perdition.
                        For the love of money is the root of all evil: which while some coveted after, they have erred from the faith, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows.

But thou, O man of God, flee these things; and follow after righteousness, godliness, faith, love, patience, meekness.

/to summarize: The Donald runs on 93 Octane Hate whereof cometh envy, strife, evil surmisings and whatnot. He displays the polar opposite of righteousness, meekness etc. I'm constantly surprised this isn't obvious. He's evil.
                        Last edited by geezer; 01-15-2018, 10:26 AM.
                        Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
                        USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

The Dems ran the candidate the party wanted and the states didn't
                          You might want to review how primaries work...

Comment

Les (et al)

FIrst- this doesn't explain how they can excuse this to their kids. I really am curious about that. Past the politics the man is an abomination of a human being.

I am over the whole He WON! thing. What I don't get is how supposedly intelligent people, ones who want to achieve what is good for their constituents and have claimed moral high ground, seem so willing to abdicate all responsibility. Big business is going to be more than OK but a lot of those red states with rural populations who believed his schtick are getting royally screwed. How on earth do they not see it? They have the worst of everything, rely on Fed $$ and now they won't be getting them. Healthcare in most red states is abominable when compared to the blue states. That is propped up with the funding that will be cut. How do they not see it?

Comment

• Originally posted by jerphisch View Post
                              You might want to review how primaries work...
                              Rigged? The DNC took (was bought?) sides from the get go. Any reasonable challenger was discouraged or sabotaged.
                              CCT '77 & '78
                              4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Rigged? The DNC took (was bought?) sides from the get go. Any reasonable challenger was discouraged or sabotaged.
                                Not on the state primary end, though. The DNC can't do much about how states run their primaries and caucuses outside of some scheduling rules.

The Clintonistas obviously heavily put their thumb on the scale of the nomination process at large, but they only did it through the actual primaries when they also had a presence in the state party, and the DWS DNCers didn't do it at all.

Also: it's not just Clinton who did this. Playing footsie with all the process stuff in the nomination has been going on for 200 years in both parties. The "voice of the people" is a fine middle school slogan for how our nominations work. In reality they are the power politics that marks any arena in which serious money is at stake.
                                Last edited by Kepler; 01-15-2018, 10:34 AM.
                                Cornell University
                                National Champion 1967, 1970
                                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Working...
                                X