Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: POTUS 45:26 - One million tweets DC!

At the end of the day, most people are sheep at heart. You give them the tools for personal prosperity, and regardless of the type of regime you're running, they'll keep you in power as long as they can. It's how the Kim dynasty has ruled NK for so long - ensure the Pyongyang elites and the military are fed and paid, instill a fear of what will happen to them if they break the rules, or if the peasants ever rise up or the imperialist Americans invade, and that's enough to keep the other 80% of the country oppressed and starving.

Comment

It's true, though. Pay attention to the fact that they have a long history of doing very good research for both sides of the aisle. Pay attention to the fact that they hired as their lead investigator one of the top Russia intelligence experts of one of our best allies. Pay attention to the fact that the FBI already had a lot of the information they provided through other sources already, and they provided confirmation of a lot of what they had already started to hear from multiple sources.

Above all though, pay attention to them. It's easy to miss that there are stories about them. It's not like their testimony being released was one of the top new stores of last week or anything. You would only know something was happening because a nutjob on a hockey board told you to. I hope he next tells us that there was some big college football game a week ago, since where else would we get this really sensitive and secret information.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
      iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
      gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
      Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
      Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
      TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
      DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Nothing like an America First tweet on MLK day.
        Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
          I am more of a pragmatist than a party person so I can't wrap my brain around blindly following any party platform. (putting me at a disadvantage to begin with). I cannot understand how intelligent people aren't able to extrapolate what the outcomes will be with the current screwing of the population that most supports him. I keep asking this question and no one will answer me- how the heck do people explain their acceptance of this to their children? THe adults can be willfully blind and pretend things aren't happening but kids don't have the automatic rejection built into adult bias. How do you explain to your kid it is OK for a grown up to say what he says? How do you explain to a kid that he claims to be Christian and then does all the things they would be chastised if they even considered.

This is like watching Stockholm Syndrome for a whole country. Or probably more apt- watching a person in an abusive relationship making excuses or normalizing their partner beating them. Oh, he didn't mean it. You don't understand, he is stressed. He knows what is best for me. I don't believe in divorce...

I always knew tRump was a big skank. Being from the East Coast- He's hit the news regularly since I was in my last yr of HS/beginning college. I have been continually amazed at what people are willing to forget and despite decades of him being the biggest a55hole there is, I still haven't learned to get over it. Knowing he was a jerk I gave him up for a lost cause but the thing that has been devastating has been the people who I respected being willing to look the other way, fall in line, or actively defend the worst of the worst. How do these people live with themselves? Mourning the loss of negotiation, compromise, intelligent debate and morality.
          My feeling is that Trump is the perfect reflection of our population. He's 100% the president we deserve. We have a lot of lazy, unintelligent people and Trump is the natural result. Hillary and the dems deserve a lot of credit in his election as well. They decided she was to be the president no matter what ordinary people wanted and that paved the way for his election.

I'm with you as far as not believing in the parties and think the best way forward is if we move beyond the status quo with some sort of new centrist party.
          Originally posted by BobbyBrady
          Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
            They decided she was to be the president no matter what ordinary people wanted
            16,847,084 > 13,168,222

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
            iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
            gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
            Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
            Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
            TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
            DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

• Originally posted by French Rage View Post
              16,847,084 > 13,168,222
              That margin, as you well know, came courtesy of 2 over the top blue states in California and New York. Flyover did not feel the love.

But, as Les says, let's look forward to the 2018 midterms and the 2020 Presidential. May we live in interesting times.
              CCT '77 & '78
              4 kids
              5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
              1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
              - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

I am more of a pragmatist than a party person so I can't wrap my brain around blindly following any party platform. (putting me at a disadvantage to begin with). I cannot understand how intelligent people aren't able to extrapolate what the outcomes will be with the current screwing of the population that most supports him. I keep asking this question and no one will answer me- how the heck do people explain their acceptance of this to their children? THe adults can be willfully blind and pretend things aren't happening but kids don't have the automatic rejection built into adult bias. How do you explain to your kid it is OK for a grown up to say what he says? How do you explain to a kid that he claims to be Christian and then does all the things they would be chastised if they even considered.

This is like watching Stockholm Syndrome for a whole country. Or probably more apt- watching a person in an abusive relationship making excuses or normalizing their partner beating them. Oh, he didn't mean it. You don't understand, he is stressed. He knows what is best for me. I don't believe in divorce...

I always knew tRump was a big skank. Being from the East Coast- He's hit the news regularly since I was in my last yr of HS/beginning college. I have been continually amazed at what people are willing to forget and despite decades of him being the biggest a55hole there is, I still haven't learned to get over it. Knowing he was a jerk I gave him up for a lost cause but the thing that has been devastating has been the people who I respected being willing to look the other way, fall in line, or actively defend the worst of the worst. How do these people live with themselves? Mourning the loss of negotiation, compromise, intelligent debate and morality.
                Easy. Cause his very existence, the things he does, and the people who support him, pizz liberals off. And that's the only thing that matters.
                What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

FIrst- this doesn't explain how they can excuse this to their kids. I really am curious about that. Past the politics the man is an abomination of a human being.

I am over the whole He WON! thing. What I don't get is how supposedly intelligent people, ones who want to achieve what is good for their constituents and have claimed moral high ground, seem so willing to abdicate all responsibility. Big business is going to be more than OK but a lot of those red states with rural populations who believed his schtick are getting royally screwed. How on earth do they not see it? They have the worst of everything, rely on Fed $$ and now they won't be getting them. Healthcare in most red states is abominable when compared to the blue states. That is propped up with the funding that will be cut. How do they not see it?
                  Who is they? Congress people? I only assume this cause you wrote "what's best for their constituents".

The flaw in the argument is, you assume they care about their constituents. Unless their constituent is worth a billion dollars, and is willing to give some of that billion to them, no, they don't care at all.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                    That margin, as you well know, came courtesy of 2 over the top blue states in California and New York. Flyover did not feel the love.

But, as Les says, let's look forward to the 2018 midterms and the 2020 Presidential. May we live in interesting times.
                    Just stop, Hillary won 34-23 if you want to break it down by state etc.

Comment

My feeling is that Trump is the perfect reflection of our population. He's 100% the president we deserve. We have a lot of lazy, unintelligent people and Trump is the natural result. Hillary and the dems deserve a lot of credit in his election as well. They decided she was to be the president no matter what ordinary people wanted and that paved the way for his election.

So the people who voted for Hillary, three million-some more than voted for Trump, aren't "ordinary people" Tell us then, just what are they?

yeah, lazy and unintelligent, that is an apt description for many in America.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post

Flyover is not "America", no matter how earnestly you dirt-stained rugged individualist common folk believe

Comment

Trump is the least racist person you know. Just ask him.
                          **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                          Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Originally posted by rufus View Post
                            So the people who voted for Hillary, three million-some more than voted for Trump, aren't "ordinary people" Tell us then, just what are they?

yeah, lazy and unintelligent, that is an apt description for many in America.
                            Have you met people from other countries? The ones I know are much harder working than the Americans I know. There are a lot of people who are intelligent enough but don’t have much interest in what is happening. Perhaps Trump has changed that. It’s unfortunate it has taken something like him being president to have that happen though.

Comment

Have you met people from other countries? The ones I know are much harder working than the Americans I know. There are a lot of people who are intelligent enough but don’t have much interest in what is happening. Perhaps Trump has changed that. It’s unfortunate it has taken something like him being president to have that happen though.
                              Totally flew over your head.

And answer the frikkin' question. If Hillary voters aren't "ordinary people", then what are they? Quit talkin' down to them, and disrepectin' them.

Comment

• Originally posted by rufus View Post
                                Totally flew over your head.

And answer the frikkin' question. If Hillary voters aren't "ordinary people", then what are they? Quit talkin' down to them, and disrepectin' them.
                                You’re missing the bigger point. Never in a million years should people have had to pick between Trump and Hillary. That is where the problem was. The big thing you and others have going for you is from now thru eternity you can claim how much better things would have been if she won, and there is obviously no way anyone can disprove it. She wasn’t the answer to our problems. China walked all over Obama and would have done the same with her.

Comment

Working...
                                X