Page 32 of 51 FirstFirst ... 222324252627282930313233343536373839404142 ... LastLast

Thread: POTUS 45:26 - One million tweets DC!

NICKERSON HAS [CENSORED]

Re: POTUS 45:26 - One million tweets DC!

Quote Originally Posted by Slap Shot View Post

*apparently I don't know how to embed this Tweet correctly
    Gorka should be able to come up with a better excuse. Just say you were picking up your dad's Hungarian Fascist uniform from the drycleaners at that time.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
    iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
    gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
    Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
    Shirtless Bob That's it, you win.
    TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
    DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Crime families are the same the world over.
    2016 USCHO POSER OF THE YEAR

We do what we must because we can
    For the good of all of us, except the ones who are dead

Cornell University
    NCAA Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018

lucky penguin

I think a clean DACA bill, to me, is a DACA bill, but we take care of the 800,000 people ... but I think, to me, a clean bill is a bill of DACA, we take care of them, and we also take care of security.
    Originally posted by dicaslover
    Yep, you got it. I heart Maize.

Originally posted by Kristin
    Maybe I'm missing something but you just asked me which MSU I go to and then you knew the theme of my homecoming, how do you know one and not the other?

Western College Hockey Blog

Internet Nutcase

Quote Originally Posted by MaizeRage View Post
    I think a clean DACA bill, to me, is a DACA bill, but we take care of the 800,000 people ... but I think, to me, a clean bill is a bill of DACA, we take care of them, and we also take care of security.
    sounds like something someone that is, like, smart would say

NICKERSON HAS [CENSORED]

You sound like a very stable genius.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
    iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
    gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
    Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
    Shirtless Bob That's it, you win.
    TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
    DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Made in the USA

Quote Originally Posted by French Rage View Post
    It's called a joke. People who can pick up on basic social cues got it.
    Maybe it's just me, but I usually don't find death or fires to be joking matters.
    It was an honor to present your colors, RPI. Let's Go 'TUTE!
    May 14th, 2011, 11:00 PM ET: 2147483647

Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    I'm not happy about it either, but Flag is correct (cue the Twilight Zone music!).
    Ahh crap I agree exactly with what FlagDude said.
    Quote Originally Posted by jericho on rpitv's chat
    I never thought I would say this, but you are right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Handyman View Post
    And yet, even if Flaggy is complete tinfoil hat, every day it looks closer and closer to the truth.
    Quote Originally Posted by burd View Post
    So flaggy: you win.

Made in the USA

They're already here, don't know if they actually have a country to go to, but one thing that will help is to stem the tide.

One thing I have been wondering with a lot of these rich left-wingers: If they care so much about the immigrants, why wouldn't they help the good ones to be sponsored for legal citizenship? If immigrants are so productive and beneficial to communities, why not get them to a point where they're within the law? Yes, all those who came illegally are criminals. Yes, the ends cannot justify the means. Patriation, especially if they intend to stay a while and actually prove themselves to be what is expected, would be a good compromise, at least in my book. If they have no intention of becoming citizens when in here illegally, then yes, definitely prosecute them and get rid of them.

In my book, it's about citizenship status. What I'd suggest:

Anyone who came in "illegally" must have citizenship papers (or whatever the process to become a citizen is; my ancestors who came through Ellis Island are no longer with us) filed within 6 months. Otherwise, they're prosecuted as entering the country illegally and deported. Any rejection of citizenship for these people is also cause for deportation. Those with papers in process are permitted to stay until such time that the process is resolved. Citizenship shall not be rejected on the sole account of illegal entry into the country.

I'm not happy about it either, but Flag is correct (cue the Twilight Zone music!).
    And yet, even if Flaggy is complete tinfoil hat, every day it looks closer and closer to the truth.

The Dark One
    killin your brain like a poisonous mushroom

Quote Originally Posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
    They're already here, don't know if they actually have a country to go to, but one thing that will help is to stem the tide.

One thing I have been wondering with a lot of these rich left-wingers: If they care so much about the immigrants, why wouldn't they help the good ones to be sponsored for legal citizenship? If immigrants are so productive and beneficial to communities, why not get them to a point where they're within the law? Yes, all those who came illegally are criminals. Yes, the ends cannot justify the means. Patriation, especially if they intend to stay a while and actually prove themselves to be what is expected, would be a good compromise, at least in my book. If they have no intention of becoming citizens when in here illegally, then yes, definitely prosecute them and get rid of them.

In my book, it's about citizenship status. What I'd suggest:

Anyone who came in "illegally" must have citizenship papers (or whatever the process to become a citizen is; my ancestors who came through Ellis Island are no longer with us) filed within 6 months. Otherwise, they're prosecuted as entering the country illegally and deported. Any rejection of citizenship for these people is also cause for deportation. Those with papers in process are permitted to stay until such time that the process is resolved. Citizenship shall not be rejected on the sole account of illegal entry into the country.
    Flaggy, I already laid this out in the Rover Manifesto, but since you let your subscription lapse apparently I'll sum it up for you:

1) Anybody who served in the armed forces honorably is in. Get your discharge, walk down to city hall and take the oath. No waiting.
    2) Anybody with a degree and job in a critical area (doctors, scientists, etc, etc) is a permanent resident. We need the best and the brightest.
    3) Anybody earning a degree or employed with an employer willing to sponsor you, pay all back taxes and get in the back of the line. But, you get a green card provided your status doesn't change.
    4) Finally, seasonal workers doing agriculture work - temporary visa to work as needed during the peak season. No bringing your family with you, and you must go back afterwards but you are legal while here.

Obviously the spouses and dependents of #1-3 can join/remain but that's it. Everybody else would either need to go back or get into these categories in order to remain.
    Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Flaggy, I already laid this out in the Rover Manifesto, but since you let your subscription lapse apparently I'll sum it up for you:

1) Anybody who served in the armed forces honorably is in. Get your discharge, walk down to city hall and take the oath. No waiting.
    2) Anybody with a degree and job in a critical area (doctors, scientists, etc, etc) is a permanent resident. We need the best and the brightest.
    3) Anybody earning a degree or employed with an employer willing to sponsor you, pay all back taxes and get in the back of the line. But, you get a green card provided your status doesn't change.
    4) Finally, seasonal workers doing agriculture work - temporary visa to work as needed during the peak season. No bringing your family with you, and you must go back afterwards but you are legal while here.

Obviously the spouses and dependents of #1-3 can join/remain but that's it. Everybody else would either need to go back or get into these categories in order to remain.
    You sound like Trump!

Made in the USA

Quote Originally Posted by Drew S. View Post
    You sound like Trump!
    That's the funny thing: A lot of the things people clamor for are exactly what Trump wants. It's just how dare he have that "R" next to his name.

Kichizapi Chetan

I bolded a key word.
    Otherwise, aside from some details (defining "critical areas", what is a "dependent" for this), < gulp > we agree.
    The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved.

North Dakota Hockey:

Made in the USA

Probably didn't see it, given these threads balloon to exorbitant lengths and I don't get a chance to read everything. However, let's take a look:

1: I'm going to assume you mean the US military, and it's a little surprising to me that a non-citizen would be able to enlist. I'd be game for your idea, though. In addition to an honorable discharge, though, I think I'd also want a minimum number of years of service. At least 3-5.
    2: If the difference between this and #3 is back tax forgiveness and order of priority, I'm not too sure about doing that. I'd be game to negotiate a repatriation percentage, though.
    3 and 4: Nail on head.

Spouses/Dependents: I'd assume strict one-generation similar to what Trump has been proposing. I'd want to vet them and not give a free ride, though. Especially considering "arranged marriages" and the trouble that could come from those. Also, too many military-aged male "children" are terrorizing Europe; we need to learn from their mistakes.

Reads like we have some common ground, and could debate the nuances to come up with something we'd both be satisfied with.

Made in the USA

Quote Originally Posted by The Sicatoka View Post
    I bolded a key word.
    Otherwise, aside from some details (defining "critical areas", what is a "dependent" for this), < gulp > we agree.
    Amazing what happens when we stop complaining and come up with some solutions, eh?

The Dark One

DACA participants can join the military as of 2014. Not sure if that's still in place but presumably some are currently serving or have served. I hadn't given length of service any thought but doesn't seem like a sticking point.

Regarding "dependents" = spouse and minor children. Not your 5th cousin twice removed. They of course are free to join of the categories I already laid out.

Critical areas in some ways are going to be pretty evident. Doctors for one (was friends with a legal immigrant doctor waiting to become a permanent resident before he could practice), nuclear physicists, etc etc. No to Ms. Cleo were she still alive. Don't know exactly where the dividing line is by the Dept of Labor would have to sort that out or a similar agency.

Finally, I think immigration advocates hurt themselves with the "illegal immigrants do the work Americans won't do" schtick. I don't believe that by and large with one big exception, which is agriculture. I don't think you can find enough Americans to work the fields, hence the seasonal visa proposal. Otherwise you're only leaving the door open to exploitation if there aren't any rules in place to pay these people a living wage if in fact they're needed in a poultry processing plant or construction job. A system that benefits almost everybody (if you have a criminal record you're kinda screwed) isn't that hard to come up with.

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

Finally, I think immigration advocates hurt themselves with the "illegal immigrants do the work Americans won't do" schtick. I don't believe that by and large with one big exception, which is agriculture. I don't think you can find enough Americans to work the fields, hence the seasonal visa proposal.
    When was the last time you saw a white person working a housekeeping cart?
    Michigan Tech: "Working with scraps and guys from places so remote that Houghton seems like a metropolis"

Boosh Factor (4/04/17): 5.242424

A federal energy regulator has rejected a proposed rule that would have subsidized nuclear and coal plants, helping those fuel sources compete with cheaper natural gas and renewables.

The rule was described by the Department of Energy as a way to promote the resilience of the electric grid — that is, its ability to provide reliable energy in the face of disruptive events like bad weather.

But the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission said the rule falls short of "clear and fundamental" legal requirements, by giving preferential treatment to some resources with no evidence that the result will be "just and reasonable." The commissioners also were not persuaded that the rule would effectively address resilience issues — or, in fact, that the rule had anything to do with resilience at all.
    Says the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (four of its five members, including the chairman, were nominated by President Trump).

The Dark One

Quote Originally Posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
    When was the last time you saw a white person working a housekeeping cart?
    New England. Saw some Irish chicks here for the summer several years back! I think I spotted a few Brazilians too, at least that's what I imagined they were.

But, I have no problem with hotels using immigrants to do jobs like that, provided they go through a legal process and again if its a seasonal need give them a seasonal visa, or if they're an employee sponsor them.

rock and roller
    no man's land, between wildcat and black bear territory

Quote Originally Posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
    That's the funny thing: A lot of the things people clamor for are exactly what Trump wants. It's just how dare he have that "R" next to his name.
    It's funny, cause the desired actions that you listed are exactly what Obama was trying to do, and you and the Republicans would have none of it, cause he wasn't a "real" president, for some reason or another.
    Those are brave men knocking at our door. Let's go kill them!

lucky penguin

Bannon got ****-canned by Breitbart. But I'm sure that's just what he wanted them to do, because he's such a political mastermind that he'll come back even stronger.
    Originally posted by dicaslover
    Yep, you got it. I heart Maize.

Originally posted by Kristin
    Maybe I'm missing something but you just asked me which MSU I go to and then you knew the theme of my homecoming, how do you know one and not the other?

Western College Hockey Blog

Made in the USA

DACA participants can join the military as of 2014. Not sure if that's still in place but presumably some are currently serving or have served. I hadn't given length of service any thought but doesn't seem like a sticking point.

Regarding "dependents" = spouse and minor children. Not your 5th cousin twice removed. They of course are free to join of the categories I already laid out.

Critical areas in some ways are going to be pretty evident. Doctors for one (was friends with a legal immigrant doctor waiting to become a permanent resident before he could practice), nuclear physicists, etc etc. No to Ms. Cleo were she still alive. Don't know exactly where the dividing line is by the Dept of Labor would have to sort that out or a similar agency.

Finally, I think immigration advocates hurt themselves with the "illegal immigrants do the work Americans won't do" schtick. I don't believe that by and large with one big exception, which is agriculture. I don't think you can find enough Americans to work the fields, hence the seasonal visa proposal. Otherwise you're only leaving the door open to exploitation if there aren't any rules in place to pay these people a living wage if in fact they're needed in a poultry processing plant or construction job. A system that benefits almost everybody (if you have a criminal record you're kinda screwed) isn't that hard to come up with.
    I do have some reservations about non-citizens joining the military, even thinking to the point of putting the citizenship oath with the military oath. However, given it leaves us open to betrayals and then we're stuck with them because they had to become citizens to join, I wouldn't mind the idea of "proving your worth". Still some reservations about it becoming subject to potential abuse, especially if an AWOL runs a vehicle into a crowd. I assume the military does some character vetting, which would alleviate concerns.

I would be inclined to disagree with the assumptions of the last paragraph based on the number of non-disabled people getting SNAP benefits. Maine's concepts of work-to-receive are quite nice, as they promote community betterment, increase revenues through a taxed work force, and reduce spending from the "bums"; I'm tempted to write my assemblywoman and state senator to try to get something similar into my state. The biggest trouble after the "bum factor" I see is the location of the work vs. the location of the potential workers. Obviously there's the moving expenses deduction, and I can also understand people becoming sentimentally attached to certain communities. Sure, you could offer a one-time one-way expense subsidy to move you and your family for work, usable only once within a certain time period (I'd think at least 2-3 years). Would it be enough?

Thread Information