This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    Jeebus. Hawaiian residents got cell phone alerts that a ballistic mission was inbound.

Took half an hour to get word out it was a mistake.
    Somebody's going to be sacrificed.
    CCT '77 & '78
    4 kids
    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

• Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
      wouldn't anything that is written on the SOL be what the french thought our ideals should be?!?! so how is that foreign power any different from the modern day ruskies?!?!?!

hmmm????

It was written by Emma Lazarus, an AMERICAN born in New York City. In fact, her parents were here prior to the American Revolution.
      “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

• Re: POTUS 45:26 - One million tweets DC!

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
        wouldn't anything that is written on the SOL be what the french thought our ideals should be?!?! so how is that foreign power any different from the modern day ruskies?!?!?!

hmmm????

Derp.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_New_Colossus

Paul Auster wrote that "Bartholdi's gigantic effigy was originally intended as a monument to the principles of international republicanism, but 'The New Colossus' reinvented the statue's purpose, turning Liberty into a welcoming mother, a symbol of hope to the outcasts and downtrodden of the world."[11]

John T. Cunningham wrote that "The Statue of Liberty was not conceived and sculpted as a symbol of immigration, but it quickly became so as immigrant ships passed under the torch and the shining face, heading toward Ellis Island. However, it was [Lazarus's poem] that permanently stamped on Miss Liberty the role of unofficial greeter of incoming immigrants."[12]
        So The New Colossus is actually an American's interpretation of the statue taking precedence over an international interpretation...

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
        iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
        gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
        Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
        Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
        TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
        DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

It's good that Trump said what people are thinking, but it's bad for Democrats to tell us he said it: http://www.rawstory.com/2018/01/fox-...ntry-look-bad/

Logic!

KDR

gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
            Jeebus. Hawaiian residents got cell phone alerts that a ballistic mission was inbound.

Trump continued his round of golf, letting Kim Jung Un know what to do if he wants to strike.

Do it on a Saturday morning on a Trump Golf Weekend. We won't react until Monday.

Edit: Of course, if he hadn't been on the golf course, he would have hit the button in about 8 seconds before anyone had a chance to say "false alarm", so small favors, I guess
            Last edited by bronconick; 01-13-2018, 02:28 PM.
            "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post

I got a small panic when an Amber Alert went off on my cell phone a few weeks ago in the middle of the night, I can’t imagine the fear of getting one of those.
              U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
              Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
              I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
              But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
              Originally posted by Doyle Woody
              Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• Originally posted by bronconick View Post
                Trump continued his round of golf, letting Kim Jung Un know what to do if he wants to strike.

Do it on a Saturday morning on a Trump Golf Weekend. We won't react until Monday.

Edit: Of course, if he hadn't been on the golf course, he would have hit the button in about 8 seconds before anyone had a chance to say "false alarm", so small favors, I guess
                If it was real, he would have been off into the National Command Bunker (airplane?) before you could say Stephanopoulos.
                CCT '77 & '78
                4 kids
                5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

• Originally posted by French Rage View Post
                  It's good that Trump said what people are thinking, but it's bad for Democrats to tell us he said it: http://www.rawstory.com/2018/01/fox-...ntry-look-bad/

Logic!
                  Not really gonna take seriously some commentary from someone from The Real World. That'd be like taking advice from Snookie
                  What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Nice op-ed from Norway.

http://www.cnn.com/2018/01/13/opinio...ion/index.html
                    Last edited by rufus; 01-13-2018, 08:58 PM.
                    What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

As seen at the Weiners Circle in Chicago:

Last edited by aparch; 01-13-2018, 05:32 PM.
                      “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

• Originally posted by aparch View Post
                        It was written by Emma Lazarus, an AMERICAN born in New York City. In fact, her parents were here prior to the American Revolution.
                        a WOMAN wrote that??? Well then who cares?

a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Ronnie is the new Ronny...

KDR

Comment

Kirstjen Nielsen (Homeland Security) is on FOX this morning. Where does Trump find these white women who carry his water regarding his racist comments? She sounds exactly like Flaggy does on here explaining everything. It's sad. This country is lost.
                            **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                            Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                              Kirstjen Nielsen (Homeland Security) is on FOX this morning. Where does Trump find these white women who carry his water regarding his racist comments? She sounds exactly like Flaggy does on here explaining everything. It's sad. This country is lost.
                              Maybe because you're throwing around the word "racist" to mean anyone who disagrees with you, and because you thought that's what got you a win during the 08 and 12 elections, you think you can keep the charade going. It's old, tired, and the fine folks of this country see right past it.

Comment

You can't say you're for merit based immigration and then call 1/2 the planet ****hole countries. A lot of the immigration we're going to get and need is going to come from those countries and there are a lot of great kids and merit based people coming from there. Sorry, if you're from Norway you're not going to move here. Norway is a better place to live right now then here. In fact they could call us ****hole and not be wrong.

And, the countries he referred to as ****hole and the country he wants immigration from (Norway) shows a bias that is clearly racist. Period. He's a racist. There is no doubt about that. None. And having a white woman on Fox News Sunday defending that racism this morning makes me sick to my stomach.
                                **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                                Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Working...
                                X