Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: POTUS 45:26 - One million tweets DC!

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
    He isnt the savant you think he is...
    And some of us in the public aren't as dumb as Sic thinks we are.
    What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

So, the United States (us) is going to charge a hell of a lot of money for these idiots to pollute the Oceans and ANWR with their oil **** right? To even get the permit they have to pay us Trillions of dollars? And that money can go directly to paying off the debt right?

Or did the great negotiator blow that?
      **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
      Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by GrinCDXX View Post
        It wasn't Trump's tweeting that caused the expansion of drilling to get less coverage (though your characterization of "barely an audible sound" is inaccurate), it was the rest of the tax bill--you know, stealing from our kids to fund a giveaway to corporations that have never been more profitable.
        Plus the fact that they were still writing, adding and removing things, right up until they voted on it.

But you know, Obamacare was wrong because it was passed by the Democrats in secret.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
          So, the United States (us) is going to charge a hell of a lot of money for these idiots to pollute the Oceans and ANWR with their oil **** right? To even get the permit they have to pay us Trillions of dollars? And that money can go directly to paying off the debt right?

Or did the great negotiator blow that?
          the truly funny thing about it is no one was stopping them from drilling offshore in the first place. The oil companies hold leases on dozens, or even hundreds, of offshore drilling sites that they've chosen not to drill on. Either too expensive to drill, or they can make more money drilling elsewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
            While Trump's Tweeting, somehow drilling ANWR got through in the new tax bill with barely an audible sound.

Trump is fronting the band. Percussion and bass are driving the tune. Who's on percussion and bass is the question.
            That was just one ****ty part of a bill full of ****. I wrote plenty of letters to Susan Collins explaining various reasons why she should oppose the tax bill. When it became clear she was going to support it, I wrote to her about ANWR:

Thank you for contacting me regarding protections for the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge and your opposition to any plan to allow drilling in this area. As a supporter of the Refuge, I appreciate hearing from you.

I have voted to protect the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge from drilling on numerous occasions in the past. During consideration of the budget, I was the only Republican to vote for an amendment to stop drilling in the Refuge from ever being part of the tax reform bill. And, during floor consideration of the tax reform bill, I again was the only Republican to vote to strip it. Unfortunately, these attempts failed to garner sufficient support and the provision remained in the final bill.

I will continue to support protections for the environment and wildlife and efforts to preserve our national parks, wildlife refuges, and national forests for enjoyment by the American people.
            so even though she was a self-proclaimed "supporter of the Refuge", she was willing to put that aside so the wealthy could get their precious tax break. And of course she didn't respond to me until AFTER she had already voted for the bill.
            Last edited by BassAle; 01-11-2018, 11:33 AM.

Comment

I'm not sure why anyone thinks ANWR got through unnoticed, it is what they added to get a yes from Murkowski. At the celebration after it passed nearly every speaker went out of their way to say how great it was that after 30 or 40 years we are finally opening up ANWR to drilling. It was a key selling point for these clowns.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
                While Trump's Tweeting, somehow drilling ANWR got through in the new tax bill with barely an audible sound.

Trump is fronting the band. Percussion and bass are driving the tune. Who's on percussion and bass is the question.
                You're not nearly as clever as you think you are. Just FYI.

Comment

Originally posted by jerphisch View Post
                  I'm not sure why anyone thinks ANWR got through unnoticed, it is what they added to get a yes from Murkowski. At the celebration after it passed nearly every speaker went out of their way to say how great it was that after 30 or 40 years we are finally opening up ANWR to drilling. It was a key selling point for these clowns.
                  Yep. Murkowski. She's pathetic.
                  **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                  Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Well they did the whole thing in secrecy basically and had what... 5 minutes on the floor to talk about the bill? And yeah we all noticed when it happened, the tweets didn't stop us from noticing lmao.

Comment

You found out after it was in the bill and a done deal. In the mean time you were staring at Tweeter in Chief. Paul and Mitch thank you.
                      Last edited by The Sicatoka; 01-11-2018, 11:25 AM.
                      The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

You found out after it was in the bill and a done deal. In the mean time you were staring at Tweeter in Chief. Paul and Mitch thank you.
                        bull****

Comment

I found out when they added it to the bill for the very specific reason of getting a yes from Murkowski. Learn to read.

Comment

I found out when they added it to the bill for the very specific reason of getting a yes from Murkowski. Learn to read.
                            yup. It was reported when it was added to the bill. Everyone knew it was put there to get Murkowsky on board.

Comment

• Originally posted by jerphisch View Post
                              Pretty sure multiple of us on here were discussing it days before it was signed. We talked about how she was a sellout.

Comment

Uh, that was widely discussed and reported the second she flipped to a yes. It got "less" play because there was tons of trash in the bill, from Corker's free cash to every blue state taking it in the *** to a permanent handover to corporations to Medicare automatically being cut because of certain sequestration rules to Collins acting like she got a deal to save health care that she knew would never get a vote, much less pass.
                                "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Working...
                                X