Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: World Juniors - Buffalo 2018

Originally posted by LTsatch View Post
    The USA sponsorship labels are pretty bad as well. A law firm? Looked like two names on a partnership. A Euro trend that is seeping into many Winter sports. At least the US kept them off the helmet front.
    Not happy about ours either but at least for now it's not as large and glaring as other teams. The key phrase is "for now".

Comment

Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
      Not happy about ours either but at least for now it's not as large and glaring as other teams. The key phrase is "for now".
      Most of the board adverts are Canadian.
      CCT '77 & '78
      4 kids
      5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
      1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
      - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by LTsatch View Post
        The USA sponsorship labels are pretty bad as well. A law firm? Looked like two names on a partnership. A Euro trend that is seeping into many Winter sports. At least the US kept them off the helmet front.
        I almost didn’t mind Canada’s telus sponsorship in regards to having the sleeves like the US had. The US used to have Gillette on the sleeves which blended in a lot better. I feel like Canada’s telus blends in similiar to how the helmet manufacturers logos blend in since it’s in same place.

The refs wearing their obnoxious large print square box logos have been the most glaring to me....
        The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
        "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
        GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
        GO LAKERS!!!
        GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
        "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
        Oswego State '09

Comment

Lots of empty seats. Somebody is taking a financial bath...

Fate of outdoor game to be decided at 12 noon Thursday.
          CCT '77 & '78
          4 kids

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
          - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post

He's referring to the frigid temps and lake effect snow blanketing the Buffalo area. Cold temps have caused cracking issues with ice surface....

They're actively recruiting shovelers - bring yer own shovel. ... meals provided, anyone working 4 hrs or more gets a free ticket to the game.
            Last edited by Wicked Slappaahs; 12-27-2017, 09:25 PM.
            ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

http://buffalonews.com/2017/12/27/u-...ield-practice/
              ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Meh, a little east on the Thruway it's a balmy -5F, probably not all that different over in Buffalo. Not looking forward to going outside, and if things don't change tomorrow, not sure how many others will be, either.
                Last edited by FlagDUDE08; 12-28-2017, 06:18 AM.

Comment

Dumb, Dumber and Dumbest idea ever!
                  Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
                    Dumb, Dumber and Dumbest idea ever!
                    Again. Nothing that USA Hockey does surprises me.
                    CCT '77 & '78
                    4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Sadly its a GIMMACK...bad idea anytime...especially during the WJC...thought they could stay away from that type of garbage ideas. For the US they lose the noise factor from being in a arena, home ice is important and being out side negates that (imo).

Comment

Originally posted by Ma#1ne Hky View Post
                        Sadly its a GIMMACK...bad idea anytime...especially during the WJC...thought they could stay away from that type of garbage ideas. For the US they lose the noise factor from being in a arena, home ice is important and being out side negates that (imo).
                        You honestly think the USA was going to have that much of a home ice advantage vs Canada if it was in the Sabres’ Arena? It would have been 50 percent Canadian at best for the US.
                        GO LAKERS!!!
                        "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                        Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
                          You honestly think the USA was going to have that much of a home ice advantage vs Canada if it was in the Sabres’ Arena? It would have been 50 percent Canadian at best for the US.
                          That may be the only game that fills the arena. I don't think the outdoor game will sell out, unless they paper the house.
                          Last edited by joecct; 12-28-2017, 06:48 PM.
                          CCT '77 & '78
                          4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

That may be the only game that fills the arena. I don't think the outdoor game will sell out, unless they paper the house.
                            40K seats sold. We’ll see who actually braves the temps though.

Gold medal game between US/Canada could sell out the sabres’ rink I think.
                            GO LAKERS!!!
                            Oswego State '09

Comment

Please tell me they decided to play inside
                              Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
                                40K seats sold. We’ll see who actually braves the temps though.

Gold medal game between US/Canada could sell out the sabres’ rink I think.
                                The problem is the Golden Horseshoe has been asked to support the WJC for 3 out of the last 4 years. That's a big investment and it looks like they decided to watch TSN instead of braving the Border.
                                CCT '77 & '78
                                4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Working...
                                X