No announcement yet.

World Juniors - Buffalo 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know it’s the day after Christmas and it’s Denmark but I’m definitely disappointed in the crowd for this. It seems over the last 10 years this tournament has really grown in popularity in the US. Perhaps it’s ticket prices and weather a bit too but definitely thought there would be a better crowd for this.

US up 1-0 early on beautiful drive to the net from Max Jones. Bellows makes its 2-0 shortly after on a shot that the denmark goalie probably wants back. Hit him in chest and found it’s way through him somehow.
    Last edited by PrezdeJohnson09; 12-26-2017, 07:19 PM.
    The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
    "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
    GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
    GO LAKERS!!!
    GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
    "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
    Oswego State '09

Comment

Re: World Juniors - Buffalo 2018

Originally posted by joecct View Post
      That was a horse bleep call
      1. Net was off before Puck crossed line
      2. Canada F hit Finnish goalie's pad which caused it to go in.
      Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

3-0 USA. This is getting ugly quick.
        GO LAKERS!!!
        "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
        Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
          3-0 USA. This is getting ugly quick.
          4-0...
          GO LAKERS!!!
          Oswego State '09

Comment

4-0...
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hwhvByj8YG8

Comment

I know it’s the day after Christmas and it’s Denmark but I’m definitely disappointed in the crowd for this. It seems over the last 10 years this tournament has really grown in popularity in the US. Perhaps it’s ticket prices and weather a bit too but definitely thought there would be a better crowd for this.
              When I went in 2011, the prices were really jacked up for USA and Canada games, and about half for games not involving those two teams. I had gone the day after Etem's disparaging comments; my brothers and I had fun booing whenever he touched the puck.

Comment

Originally posted by scoreboard View Post
                Out of 23 players, the US has 5 players from an 8-9-2 Minn-Duluth team???
                Yale is happy that they won't be in Hanover NH Friday night.
                YALE HOCKEY
                2013 National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                  When I went in 2011, the prices were really jacked up for USA and Canada games, and about half for games not involving those two teams. I had gone the day after Etem's disparaging comments; my brothers and I had fun booing whenever he touched the puck.
                  I also went to one game in 2011, think I paid about $40-50 for USA/Finland game on opening night.

I bought tickets for Slovakia/US for $60 bucks at center ice with fees. I’m sitting in the 300’s for the outdoor game near center ice and paid $50 with fees for both.
                  GO LAKERS!!!
                  Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by scoreboard View Post
                    Out of 23 players, the US has 5 players from an 8-9-2 Minn-Duluth team???
                    UMD's problem isn't talent...it's youth.
                    College hockey is still an uppclassmens game.
                    "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
                    -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                    Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
                    Grandma ~ Jan 2004
                    Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
                    Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

I also went to one game in 2011, think I paid about $40-50 for USA/Finland game on opening night.

I bought tickets for Slovakia/US for $60 bucks at center ice with fees. I’m sitting in the 300’s for the outdoor game near center ice and paid $50 with fees for both.
                      My brothers were able to get the 200 level the day I mentioned; $40 for the Swiss game in the morning, and then $80 for each of the others.

Comment

1st round usually has some lop sided games, 9-0 win by USA was one of them...a win is a win.

Comment

I've got to say the sponsorship emblems on the sleeves and front of the helmet of Finland's team are about the tackiest I've seen. Do they really need the sponsorship money that bad?
                          Last edited by Hockeybuckeye; 12-27-2017, 06:54 AM.

Comment

The biggest thrill for me with last year's USA gold was that I got to hold one of the medals awarded less than 24 hours later!

Comment

Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
                              I've got to say the sponsorship emblems on the sleeves and front of the helmet of Finland's team are about the tackiest I've seen. Do they really need the sponsorship money that bad?
                              The USA sponsorship labels are pretty bad as well. A law firm? Looked like two names on a partnership. A Euro trend that is seeping into many Winter sports. At least the US kept them off the helmet front.
                              Last edited by LTsatch; 12-27-2017, 08:41 AM.
                              YALE HOCKEY
                              2013 National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by LTsatch View Post
                                The USA sponsorship labels are pretty bad as well. A law firm? Looked like two names on a partnership. A Euro trend that is seeping into many Winter sports. At least the US kept them off the helmet front.
                                If the trend continues they'll eventually look like race car drivers and pro bass fisherman.
                                Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Working...
                                X