Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 295

Thread: World Juniors - Buffalo 2018

  1. #21
    Made in the USA
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    45,480

    Re: World Juniors - Buffalo 2018

    Quote Originally Posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
    I know it’s the day after Christmas and it’s Denmark but I’m definitely disappointed in the crowd for this. It seems over the last 10 years this tournament has really grown in popularity in the US. Perhaps it’s ticket prices and weather a bit too but definitely thought there would be a better crowd for this.
    When I went in 2011, the prices were really jacked up for USA and Canada games, and about half for games not involving those two teams. I had gone the day after Etem's disparaging comments; my brothers and I had fun booing whenever he touched the puck.
    It was an honor to present your colors, RPI. Let's Go 'TUTE!
    May 14th, 2011, 11:00 PM ET: 2147483647

    "Better to be infamous than never famous at all." -Roger Stone

    Quote Originally Posted by French Rage View Post
    Ahh crap I agree exactly with what FlagDude said.
    Quote Originally Posted by Handyman View Post
    And yet, even if Flaggy is complete tinfoil hat, every day it looks closer and closer to the truth.
    Quote Originally Posted by burd View Post
    So flaggy: you win.

  2. #22
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    At the beach
    Posts
    4,313

    Re: World Juniors - Buffalo 2018

    Quote Originally Posted by scoreboard View Post
    Out of 23 players, the US has 5 players from an 8-9-2 Minn-Duluth team???
    Yale is happy that they won't be in Hanover NH Friday night.
    YALE HOCKEY
    2013 National Champions

  3. #23
    Proud supporter of Osmirwich hockey
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Northfield, VT
    Posts
    16,108
    Quote Originally Posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
    When I went in 2011, the prices were really jacked up for USA and Canada games, and about half for games not involving those two teams. I had gone the day after Etem's disparaging comments; my brothers and I had fun booing whenever he touched the puck.
    I also went to one game in 2011, think I paid about $40-50 for USA/Finland game on opening night.

    I bought tickets for Slovakia/US for $60 bucks at center ice with fees. Iím sitting in the 300ís for the outdoor game near center ice and paid $50 with fees for both.

  4. #24
    Kings affiliate
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    St. Cloud, MN
    Posts
    11,341
    Quote Originally Posted by scoreboard View Post
    Out of 23 players, the US has 5 players from an 8-9-2 Minn-Duluth team???
    UMD's problem isn't talent...it's youth.
    College hockey is still an uppclassmens game.

  5. #25
    Made in the USA
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    45,480

    Re: World Juniors - Buffalo 2018

    Quote Originally Posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
    I also went to one game in 2011, think I paid about $40-50 for USA/Finland game on opening night.

    I bought tickets for Slovakia/US for $60 bucks at center ice with fees. I’m sitting in the 300’s for the outdoor game near center ice and paid $50 with fees for both.
    My brothers were able to get the 200 level the day I mentioned; $40 for the Swiss game in the morning, and then $80 for each of the others.
    It was an honor to present your colors, RPI. Let's Go 'TUTE!
    May 14th, 2011, 11:00 PM ET: 2147483647

    "Better to be infamous than never famous at all." -Roger Stone

    Quote Originally Posted by French Rage View Post
    Ahh crap I agree exactly with what FlagDude said.
    Quote Originally Posted by Handyman View Post
    And yet, even if Flaggy is complete tinfoil hat, every day it looks closer and closer to the truth.
    Quote Originally Posted by burd View Post
    So flaggy: you win.

  6. #26
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    2,648

    Re: World Juniors - Buffalo 2018

    1st round usually has some lop sided games, 9-0 win by USA was one of them...a win is a win.

  7. #27
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    2,539

    Re: World Juniors - Buffalo 2018

    I've got to say the sponsorship emblems on the sleeves and front of the helmet of Finland's team are about the tackiest I've seen. Do they really need the sponsorship money that bad?
    Last edited by Hockeybuckeye; 12-27-2017 at 06:54 AM.

  8. #28
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    2,539

    Re: World Juniors - Buffalo 2018

    The biggest thrill for me with last year's USA gold was that I got to hold one of the medals awarded less than 24 hours later!

  9. #29
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    At the beach
    Posts
    4,313

    Re: World Juniors - Buffalo 2018

    Quote Originally Posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
    I've got to say the sponsorship emblems on the sleeves and front of the helmet of Finland's team are about the tackiest I've seen. Do they really need the sponsorship money that bad?
    The USA sponsorship labels are pretty bad as well. A law firm? Looked like two names on a partnership. A Euro trend that is seeping into many Winter sports. At least the US kept them off the helmet front.
    Last edited by LTsatch; 12-27-2017 at 08:41 AM.
    YALE HOCKEY
    2013 National Champions

  10. #30
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    7,404

    Re: World Juniors - Buffalo 2018

    Quote Originally Posted by LTsatch View Post
    The USA sponsorship labels are pretty bad as well. A law firm? Looked like two names on a partnership. A Euro trend that is seeping into many Winter sports. At least the US kept them off the helmet front.
    If the trend continues they'll eventually look like race car drivers and pro bass fisherman.
    Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

  11. #31
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    2,539

    Re: World Juniors - Buffalo 2018

    Quote Originally Posted by LTsatch View Post
    The USA sponsorship labels are pretty bad as well. A law firm? Looked like two names on a partnership. A Euro trend that is seeping into many Winter sports. At least the US kept them off the helmet front.
    Not happy about ours either but at least for now it's not as large and glaring as other teams. The key phrase is "for now".

  12. #32

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    20904/13677/07677/07621
    Posts
    35,439
    Quote Originally Posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
    Not happy about ours either but at least for now it's not as large and glaring as other teams. The key phrase is "for now".
    Most of the board adverts are Canadian.

  13. #33
    Proud supporter of Osmirwich hockey
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Northfield, VT
    Posts
    16,108
    Quote Originally Posted by LTsatch View Post
    The USA sponsorship labels are pretty bad as well. A law firm? Looked like two names on a partnership. A Euro trend that is seeping into many Winter sports. At least the US kept them off the helmet front.
    I almost didnít mind Canadaís telus sponsorship in regards to having the sleeves like the US had. The US used to have Gillette on the sleeves which blended in a lot better. I feel like Canadaís telus blends in similiar to how the helmet manufacturers logos blend in since itís in same place.

    The refs wearing their obnoxious large print square box logos have been the most glaring to me....

  14. #34

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    20904/13677/07677/07621
    Posts
    35,439

    Re: World Juniors - Buffalo 2018

    Lots of empty seats. Somebody is taking a financial bath...

    Fate of outdoor game to be decided at 12 noon Thursday.

  15. #35
    I miss Tie Domi
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Between the Pipes
    Posts
    8,825
    Quote Originally Posted by joecct View Post
    Lots of empty seats. Somebody is taking a financial bath...

    Fate of outdoor game to be decided at 12 noon Thursday.
    He's referring to the frigid temps and lake effect snow blanketing the Buffalo area. Cold temps have caused cracking issues with ice surface....


    They're actively recruiting shovelers - bring yer own shovel. ... meals provided, anyone working 4 hrs or more gets a free ticket to the game.
    Last edited by Wicked Slappaahs; 12-27-2017 at 09:25 PM.

  16. #36
    I miss Tie Domi
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Between the Pipes
    Posts
    8,825

  17. #37
    Made in the USA
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    45,480

    Re: World Juniors - Buffalo 2018

    Meh, a little east on the Thruway it's a balmy -5F, probably not all that different over in Buffalo. Not looking forward to going outside, and if things don't change tomorrow, not sure how many others will be, either.
    Last edited by FlagDUDE08; 12-28-2017 at 06:18 AM.
    It was an honor to present your colors, RPI. Let's Go 'TUTE!
    May 14th, 2011, 11:00 PM ET: 2147483647

    "Better to be infamous than never famous at all." -Roger Stone

    Quote Originally Posted by French Rage View Post
    Ahh crap I agree exactly with what FlagDude said.
    Quote Originally Posted by Handyman View Post
    And yet, even if Flaggy is complete tinfoil hat, every day it looks closer and closer to the truth.
    Quote Originally Posted by burd View Post
    So flaggy: you win.

  18. #38
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    7,404

    Re: World Juniors - Buffalo 2018

    Dumb, Dumber and Dumbest idea ever!
    Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

  19. #39

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    20904/13677/07677/07621
    Posts
    35,439
    Quote Originally Posted by D2D View Post
    Dumb, Dumber and Dumbest idea ever!
    Again. Nothing that USA Hockey does surprises me.

  20. #40
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    2,648

    Re: World Juniors - Buffalo 2018

    Sadly its a GIMMACK...bad idea anytime...especially during the WJC...thought they could stay away from that type of garbage ideas. For the US they lose the noise factor from being in a arena, home ice is important and being out side negates that (imo).

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •