• Re: World Juniors - Buffalo 2018

How did that go in? wow
      Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

TCH/CZE advances
        CCT '77 & '78
        4 kids
        5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
        1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
        - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Impressive goaltending display by the Czech goalie. Only reason why they are advancing.
          The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
          "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
          GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
          GO LAKERS!!!
          GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
          "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
          Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
            Impressive goaltending display by the Czech goalie. Only reason why they are advancing.
            No doubt
            Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

• also, let it be known buffalo is currently getting hammered with blizzard-like conditions so attendance for all of today is probably going to be way down.
              The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
              "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
              GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
              GO LAKERS!!!
              GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
              "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
              Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
                also, let it be known buffalo is currently getting hammered with blizzard-like conditions so attendance for all of today is probably going to be way down.
                They just shut the Thruway down from exit 48A (Pembroke) to Buffalo. Plus, there is a major crash on the Thruway eastbound between exits 49 and 50 blocking all lanes that has everything heading east at a standstill.

I-190, exit 7, has all exit ramps closed.

I'm going to have to wait till about 5:30 before making the decision whether I can make it out there.

EDIT: The Buffalo Skyway is now completely shutdown.
                Last edited by Russell Jaslow; 01-02-2018, 03:36 PM.
                Russell Jaslow
                [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
                U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

• Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
                  They just shut the Thruway down from exit 48A (Pembroke) to Buffalo. Plus, there is a major crash on the Thruway eastbound between exits 49 and 50 blocking all lanes that has everything heading east at a standstill.

I'm going to have to wait till about 5:30 before making the decision whether I can make it out there.

Good time for an outdoor game
                  Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

Talk about a wild one. I'm looking at the stats for the first relegation round game, which Denmark won 5-4.

Denmark led 2-0, then trailed 4-2. But, that's not the crazy part.

Denmark gets one back midway through the third, 34 seconds after Belarus made it 4-2. Then, the craziness begins.

Denmark ties the game with 34 seconds left with the extra attacker. Heading to overtime? Think again. Denmark scores again! With 15 seconds left to win!
                    Last edited by Russell Jaslow; 01-02-2018, 03:49 PM.
                    Russell Jaslow

Comment

Originally posted by icehawk View Post
                      Good time for an outdoor game
                      Interestingly, it doesn't appear the lake effect band is hitting Orchard Park.

Typically, the winds from Lake Erie go just south of Buffalo proper, which is why Orchard Park so often gets slammed. However, this time the winds are blowing straight over Buffalo in a direct eastward pattern to perfectly blanket the Thruway out to about Batavia.

So, an outdoor game may have still been okay.

(For those of you who don't know, the Buffalo Bills don't play that close to Buffalo. In fact, the Jets and Giants play way closer to the city they represent -- even if it's in a different state -- than the Bills do.)
                      Russell Jaslow

Comment

Meanwhile, Canada is having an (as expected) easy time over the Swiss. It's 3-0 after one. Canada got things going just 48 seconds after the opening face off.
                        Russell Jaslow

Comment

Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post

If you do choose to head out there, be careful. Of course, from Rochester, I much prefer 31 and 31A over the Thruway, but that's just me.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                            If you do choose to head out there, be careful. Of course, from Rochester, I much prefer 31 and 31A over the Thruway, but that's just me.
                            I can understand why some people prefer that. Of course, right now, all the side roads are overloaded with the Thruway closed. Looks like the lake effect is shifting northward. Hopefully, that will allow the Thruway to clean things up.
                            Russell Jaslow

Comment

All of this Buffalo traffic discussion made me think of this.

Comment

Rout is on (should have posted this at 4:15 pm).
                                CCT '77 & '78
                                4 kids
                                5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                                1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                                - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Working...
                                X