Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by defkit View Post
    Just a sloppy game.
    - Was it me, or did several US players look like they had vaseline on their sticks? I swear Fox had a shift in the first period where the puck slid off his stick three times. Others had similar challenges.
    - Sweden did a good job of limiting the US' ability to play their cycling game. I'm really not sure how they did it - they weren't overly physical. Just good positioning I guess.
    - Can't blame Woll on those two shorties, or at least certainly not the second one. You can't shoot a puck further into the corner of the net than that.
    - Related, who plays in net for the bronze? I of course would like to see Oettinger get the nod. But I'm guessing it will be Woll again.
    Hope Oettinger gets it.
    The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
    "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
    GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
    GO LAKERS!!!
    GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
    "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
    Oswego State '09

Comment

• Re: World Juniors - Buffalo 2018

Article in TO Star about the lack of fannies in the seats.

https://www.thestar.com/sports/opini...d-juniors.html
      CCT '77 & '78
      4 kids
      5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
      1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
      - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
        Bellows and Mittelstadt certainly had talent...
        Mittelstadt may have "talent" but he'd better learn to pass the puck before he gets to the NHL. All I heard all tournament was how "unselfish" he was. And all I saw was the puck continuously glued to his stick. When Eichel did that he made a play. Mittelstadt ended up going nowhere. What did it for me was the 3 on 0. You have two guys standing in front of the net waiting for tap ins. PASS THE PUCK!!! Geez...instead he skates in and tries to beat the goalie. The ONLY option the goalie has is to play the shooter. Unbelievable. It's one thing to control the puck and accomplish something, but quite different to just show off. I'm not impressed.

Comment

• Originally posted by defkit View Post
          Just a sloppy game.
          - Was it me, or did several US players look like they had vaseline on their sticks? I swear Fox had a shift in the first period where the puck slid off his stick three times. Others had similar challenges.
          - Sweden did a good job of limiting the US' ability to play their cycling game. I'm really not sure how they did it - they weren't overly physical. Just good positioning I guess.
          - Can't blame Woll on those two shorties, or at least certainly not the second one. You can't shoot a puck further into the corner of the net than that.
          - Related, who plays in net for the bronze? I of course would like to see Oettinger get the nod. But I'm guessing it will be Woll again.
          Motzko said it will most likely be Oettinger.
          Russell Jaslow
          [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
          U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

• Originally posted by chickod View Post
            Mittelstadt may have "talent" but he'd better learn to pass the puck before he gets to the NHL. All I heard all tournament was how "unselfish" he was. And all I saw was the puck continuously glued to his stick. When Eichel did that he made a play. Mittelstadt ended up going nowhere. What did it for me was the 3 on 0. You have two guys standing in front of the net waiting for tap ins. PASS THE PUCK!!! Geez...instead he skates in and tries to beat the goalie. The ONLY option the goalie has is to play the shooter. Unbelievable. It's one thing to control the puck and accomplish something, but quite different to just show off. I'm not impressed.
            Then you’re not going to like my feature I just wrote on him. :-)
            Russell Jaslow

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
              Article in TO Star about the lack of fannies in the seats.

https://www.thestar.com/sports/opini...d-juniors.html
              The article is a very compelling read but it's only tangentially about fannies in the seats. The real meat-on-the-bones is the part about the IIHF essentially whoring itself out to ensure the Czars of international athletic doping can play in the Olympic hockey tournament, despite IOC sanctions that essentially ban the Mother Country.
              "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Comment

• Originally posted by Split-N View Post
                The article is a very compelling read but it's only tangentially about fannies in the seats. The real meat-on-the-bones is the part about the IIHF essentially whoring itself out to ensure the Czars of international athletic doping can play in the Olympic hockey tournament, despite IOC sanctions that essentially ban the Mother Country.
                The Koreans were trying to get anyone good banned so they have a chance at a medal.
                Last edited by joecct; 01-05-2018, 12:07 AM.
                CCT '77 & '78
                4 kids

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

Comment

Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
                  Then you’re not going to like my feature I just wrote on him. :-)
                  Probably true...

Comment

Originally posted by chickod View Post
                    I couldn't watch all the games but from what I saw there were MANY times when he set up his wings on point blank chances that were not converted. He should have at least double the number of assists that the official stats give him credit for. Not saying he's been perfect (nobody is!) but I do think you're being overly critical.
                    Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Hardly anyone there for the 3rd place game.
                      CCT '77 & '78
                      4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Oettinger starting. Woll not dressed. Swayman is the backup.

Frederic with a steal at the blueline for a shorthanded breakaway goal with 3.4 seconds left in the first.
                        Russell Jaslow

Comment

And nine seconds into the second, Poehling fires in a rebound from the slot.
                          Russell Jaslow

Comment

Tkachuk attempts a centering pass, but the goalie winds up deflecting it into his own net. Funny thing is, Tkachuk should have shot it himself in the first place. Now they give the goal to Joey Anderson. I didn’t see him touch it, but I'm pretty far away. They were all congratulating Tkachuk.

The Czechs change their goaltender.
                            Russell Jaslow

Comment

The new goalie didn’t make a difference. 4-0.

Hughes passed it from left to right down low to Frederic who one-timed it for his second of the night.
                              Last edited by Russell Jaslow; 01-05-2018, 04:16 PM.
                              Russell Jaslow

Comment

Penalty shot. Bellows. 5-0.

Bellows ties the American record for most goals in a single tournament at eight with Jeremy Roenick.
                                Last edited by Russell Jaslow; 01-05-2018, 04:16 PM.
                                Russell Jaslow

Comment

Working...
                                X