Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post
    Were the sabres good in 2011?
    They suck this year, so I don’t know where you are going with that question.
    Russell Jaslow
    [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
    U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

• Re: World Juniors - Buffalo 2018

Two ridiculous snipes. Mercy.
      It Happened!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
        Were tickets a lot more expensive this time round? It's been discussed on a number of threads, but this should be another wakeup call to the powers that be in hockey.
        By the semi final round, I really expected things to change.

What else are Buffalo fans going to spend their money on? Watching the Sabres lose?
        Russell Jaslow

Comment

That went South in a hurry. It was 2-0 when I pulled into the driveway. 4-0 When I turned the TV on.
          CCT '77 & '78
          4 kids
          5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
          1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
          - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

• Originally posted by joecct View Post
            That went South in a hurry. It was 2-0 when I pulled into the driveway. 4-0 When I turned the TV on.
            Time to post the Ron Burgundy Meme. It did indeed escalate quickly.
            It Happened!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
              By the semi final round, I really expected things to change.

What else are Buffalo fans going to spend their money on? Watching the Sabres lose?
              ..hey Bills made the playoffs... folks saving for the travel
              GO NU HOCKEY
              Always bullish on the future.
              We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

They suck this year, so I don’t know where you are going with that question.
                I didn't ask about this year, i know they suck. Asked about 2011. Perhaps local interest in hockey is down because the sabres haven't been good in a while.

Comment

I don’t think Harper saw the ice after he fumbled that puck alone at the bottom of the circle. Not a good end of the tournament for him.
                  It Happened!!!!

Comment

Hope for a Bronze tomorrow. Canada/Sweden would be a hell of a final. But I'll be cheering for the Czechs now and Chytil. A bronze isn't the end of the world in all honesty. The Slovakia game is what cost this team. They don't blow that game off they're playing the Czechs and Canada has to try and beat Sweden.
                    The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
                    "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
                    GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
                    GO LAKERS!!!
                    GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
                    "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                    Oswego State '09

Comment

Swede's taking the cheap shots at the end. Chop to the back of Yamamoto's knee totally uncalled for. Where's the Hanson's when you need them?

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                        I didn't ask about this year, i know they suck. Asked about 2011. Perhaps local interest in hockey is down because the sabres haven't been good in a while.
                        I know. That’s why I asked where you were going with that question, and you answered it.

Interest is still extremely high in Buffalo. It’s a true hockey city. They still sellout Sabres games. There are a slew of youth organizations. And Buffalo typically has the highest TV ratings for the Stanley Cup finals out of the cities that do not have their team in it.

Hockey interest is not an issue in Buffalo.
                        Russell Jaslow

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
                          Hope for a Bronze tomorrow. Canada/Sweden would be a hell of a final. But I'll be cheering for the Czechs now and Chytil. A bronze isn't the end of the world in all honesty. The Slovakia game is what cost this team. They don't blow that game off they're playing the Czechs and Canada has to try and beat Sweden.
                          This year's team wasn't nearly as talented as last year. Lost to Slovakia, nearly lost to the Finns, nearly lost to Canada, and finally lost to Sweden. Kind of like the NCAA this year; plenty of grade B talent, very little grade A.
                          Clarkson Golden Knights Men
                          10 Time ECAC Regular Season Champs
                          5 Time ECAC Tournament Champs
                          21 NCAA Tournament Appearances

Undefeated - 1956

Clarkson Golden Knights Women
                          ECAC Regular Season Champs - 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018
                          ECAC Tournament Champs - 2017, 2018
                          7 NCAA Tournament Appearances

Frozen Four - 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018
                          National Champions - 2014, 2017, 2018

Comment

I know. That’s why I asked where you were going with that question, and you answered it.

Interest is still extremely high in Buffalo. It’s a true hockey city. They still sellout Sabres games. There are a slew of youth organizations. And Buffalo typically has the highest TV ratings for the Stanley Cup finals out of the cities that do not have their team in it.

Hockey interest is not an issue in Buffalo.
                            Was in the car listening to the USA game and the commentators (TSN) remarked that Rene Fasel mentioned today that perhaps they over did it in the site selections.
                            CCT '77 & '78
                            4 kids
                            5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                            1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                            - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Just a sloppy game.
                              - Was it me, or did several US players look like they had vaseline on their sticks? I swear Fox had a shift in the first period where the puck slid off his stick three times. Others had similar challenges.
                              - Sweden did a good job of limiting the US' ability to play their cycling game. I'm really not sure how they did it - they weren't overly physical. Just good positioning I guess.
                              - Can't blame Woll on those two shorties, or at least certainly not the second one. You can't shoot a puck further into the corner of the net than that.
                              - Related, who plays in net for the bronze? I of course would like to see Oettinger get the nod. But I'm guessing it will be Woll again.
                              BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

• Originally posted by FireKnight View Post
                                This year's team wasn't nearly as talented as last year. Lost to Slovakia, nearly lost to the Finns, nearly lost to Canada, and finally lost to Sweden. Kind of like the NCAA this year; plenty of grade B talent, very little grade A.
                                Oh certainly agree. This team definitely didn’t have the spark or the studs that last year did. Bellows and Mittelstadt certainly had talent but became a little bit too much of me me me rather than team at times.

Defensive depth was no where near what it was last year which was known. Yammamoto was a disappointment. Hopefully Oliver Wahlstrom and Jack Hughes pick up the star power next year.
                                The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
                                "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
                                GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
                                GO LAKERS!!!
                                GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
                                "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                                Oswego State '09

Comment

Working...
                                X