Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by icehawk View Post
    Please tell me they decided to play inside
    Negative. Outdoor game is on. Honestly, I wouldn’t be surprised if finances was part of the decision. It’s the only game that’s bringing any money in for the tourney and it would have been a logistical nightmare to try and move it inside on 27 hours notice. How would you do tickets? Refund everyone and go general admission first come first served.
    The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
    "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
    GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
    GO LAKERS!!!
    GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
    "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
    Oswego State '09

Comment

Brutally slow and sloppy start for the US. Finally got going on that last shift before the TV timeout.

Crowd is dead. I’d guess maybe 8K people here and that might be high.
      GO LAKERS!!!
      "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
      Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
        Negative. Outdoor game is on. Honestly, I wouldn’t be surprised if finances was part of the decision. It’s the only game that’s bringing any money in for the tourney and it would have been a logistical nightmare to try and move it inside on 27 hours notice. How would you do tickets? Refund everyone and go general admission first come first served.
        Hoping there would be a full out snowstorm so they would have no choice but to move it inside
        Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

Re: World Juniors - Buffalo 2018

Originally posted by LTsatch View Post
          The USA sponsorship labels are pretty bad as well. A law firm? Looked like two names on a partnership. A Euro trend that is seeping into many Winter sports. At least the US kept them off the helmet front.
          USA Hockey sponsored by Connors and Ferris, first-class ambulance chasers from Western NY, maybe they will sue when a player gets hurt on the lousy outdoor ice.
          YALE HOCKEY
          2013 National Champions

Comment

US down 0-1 early in second, they are skating in mud.
            YALE HOCKEY
            2013 National Champions

Comment

Hope that 3 on 1 goal for slovakia finally wakes up the US. Classic trap game with 3pm game against your arch rival looming the next day.
              GO LAKERS!!!
              Oswego State '09

Comment

1-1 now here as I settle in at a restaurant after a basketball game

Comment

Originally posted by BUPhD View Post
                  1-1 now here as I settle in at a restaurant after a basketball game
                  US thought they were going to coast. What a disappointment.
                  GO LAKERS!!!
                  Oswego State '09

Comment

Classic Trap Game.
                    CCT '77 & '78
                    4 kids
                    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Ya that stunk. Outshot them by 20 so it's not like we weren't generating offense. Those last two goals we gave up though were just pretty bad breakdowns. Clean those up and we are talented enough to pull out games even if we only score two or three goals.
                      Frozen Four: 1998, 2018

NCAA Tournament: 1998, 1999, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2009, 2017, 2018, 2019

The Ohio State University '18
                      University of Western Ontario '19

Comment

Originally posted by Buckeye22 View Post
                        Ya that stunk. Outshot them by 20 so it's not like we weren't generating offense. Those last two goals we gave up though were just pretty bad breakdowns. Clean those up and we are talented enough to pull out games even if we only score two or three goals.
                        Lot of soul searching to do in a short turnaround against a rested Canada team...
                        GO LAKERS!!!
                        Oswego State '09

Comment

What was up with the Tkachuk double flamingo and collapse on the winning goal? At least take a penalty!
                          YALE HOCKEY
                          2013 National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by prezdejohnson09 View Post
                            you honestly think the usa was going to have that much of a home ice advantage vs canada if it was in the sabres’ arena? It would have been 50 percent canadian at best for the us.
                            yes

Comment

Probably we need the UMainer in net to get this job done.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackI View Post
                                Probably we need the UMainer in net to get this job done.
                                Honestly pretty disappointed that Oettinger didn't get the start last night. If the coaches feel that Woll is their main guy, why not start Oettinger against Denmark? He rode the pine all of last year and had to think he would at least be part of a platoon for the first couple games. He hasn't been as good at BU as he was last year, but it's not like he's been terrible. And this is a great opportunity for him to show what he can do on the big stage.
                                BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

Working...
                                X