X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: NFL 2018 - cheaters never win, except for the super bowls and stuff

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
    Clowns super bowl, yes.

At this point the Stillers and fans don't give 2 chits about them, but this is clevetowns biggest game
    Yup. I should have wrote Pit is Cle biggest rival.
    A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
      I don't have 4 BCS to bet, so no can do. Besides, there's better beer out there.
      You probably don't have 4 Surly Smoke nor the Schell's Belgian Winterbrew from several years back either.

Pick your poison. I'll bring something rare from here should I lose.

Comment

Originally posted by SonofSouthie View Post
        Yup. I should have wrote Pit is Cle biggest rival.
        I'm not even sure the Steelers have a "biggest rival" anymore. The fans hate Cincy, geographically it's Cleveland, pragmatically it's Baltimore, historically it's Oakland, in terms of significant games it's Dallas. I suppose they loathe New England but that's like rooting against crotch rot.
        Cornell University
        National Champion 1967, 1970
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
          I'm not even sure the Steelers have a "biggest rival" anymore. The fans hate Cincy, geographically it's Cleveland, pragmatically it's Baltimore, historically it's Oakland, in terms of significant games it's Dallas. I suppose they loathe New England but that's like rooting against crotch rot.
          patsies.

oakland has not been relevant for decades. dallas holds a place, but the neil o'donnell mvp game was the last big one between the two - though last years reg season game had potential if the cowgirls didn't take the pipe this year.

after patsies the purple browns come next. bungals cry a lot but in the end they always choke/blow it and can't be taken seriously. a little like the caps vs pens. no matter what washington does in the regular season, pens fans always welcome that matchup in the stanley cup playoffs cause we know the caps will gag.
          a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

I just can't imagine anyone taking the Rots seriously enough to hate them. They're just a loser franchise that happened to have a 17-year lucky streak. But at heart, it's a loser team from a loser city. It's like the Atlanta Braves.
            Cornell University
            National Champion 1967, 1970
            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Stillers fane feel as tho the cheaters have robbed them of another 12 SB wins over the bellicheat era

Comment

Might be the Brownies chance to get off the schneid.

https://sports.yahoo.com/news/roethl...022824382.html

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                  I just can't imagine anyone taking the Rots seriously enough to hate them. They're just a loser franchise that happened to have a 17-year lucky streak. But at heart, it's a loser team from a loser city. It's like the Atlanta Braves.
                  from a loser city
                  Foxborough is a rather nice town.

Comment

Might be the Brownies chance to get off the schneid.

https://sports.yahoo.com/news/roethl...022824382.html
                    "locked into the number three seed"????

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                      "locked into the number three seed"????
                      Oh shyte, I just looked at the date of the article: Dec 27, 2016, 9:28 PM

Comment

Oh shyte, I just looked at the date of the article: Dec 27, 2016, 9:28 PM
                        And I don't think the Steelers want to be "that team."
                        Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                        "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                        Patreon for exclusive writing content
                        Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                          You probably don't have 4 Surly Smoke nor the Schell's Belgian Winterbrew from several years back either.

Pick your poison. I'll bring something rare from here should I lose.
                          What's funny is, I stopped by my store tonight, to see what's up/what's coming in. They have a case+ of BCS. Offered me a 10% discount just to buy a case, save them the shelf space. I'll bet you a beer at some local watering hole, keep it light-hearted.
                          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                          Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

A case? I haven't had 1 in 4 years.

And fair enough.

Comment

Revised Week 17 Maps

http://506sports.com/nfl.php?yr=2017&wk=17
                              CCT '77 & '78
                              4 kids
                              5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                              1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                              - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                                Jacksonville/Tennessee here? UGH. What a disgusting game.
                                Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                                Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Working...
                                X