This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: NFL 2018 - cheaters never win, except for the super bowls and stuff

It was obvious to everyone who had slow motion replay.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Anyone catch the Vikings game yesterday?
      PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
      Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
      NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
        Anyone catch the Vikings game yesterday?
        I missed it. What happened?
        **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
        Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
          I missed it. What happened?
          Bud left the building 10 seconds before the end, and the skies opened up.

(He was and still is a saint, but a star-crossed one)

Comment

Titans are no longer full of Mularkey

@FieldYates: Filed to ESPN: the Titans and head coach Mike Mularkey have mutually agreed to part ways, according to a league source.
            CCT '77 & '78
            4 kids
            5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
            1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
            - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
              Kick it 100 feet into the sky and catch it in the end zone. TD.
              Way back when in the first game of the NFL season (I can't remember what teams were involved), the opening kickoff is sent to the endzone. The receiving team had two players back. They both thought the other player was going to catch it, so they both ran up to block. The ball bounces in the endzone and stops dead. The kicking team jumps on it for a touchdown.
              Russell Jaslow
              [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
              U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

• Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
                Way back when in the first game of the NFL season (I can't remember what teams were involved), the opening kickoff is sent to the endzone. The receiving team had two players back. They both thought the other player was going to catch it, so they both ran up to block. The ball bounces in the endzone and stops dead. The kicking team jumps on it for a touchdown.
                Stillers Titans
                a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                  Looking at the replay, if the DB hit Diggs when he wanted to, it would have been before the ball got there.
                  Originally posted by joecct View Post
                  If he had been taught to wrap the player up instead of throwing his body at the player, NO wins.
                  Exactly Joe, you responded to your own point. He shouldn't have even wanted to hit Diggs until after the catch. Props to the young man for not ducking the press after the game, but based on his comments, he still doesn't get it. He said he should have attacked the ball. No. He should have made sure that he was between the receiver and the goal line. And incomplete pass gives the Steelers another play. A completed pass and an in-bounds tackle and the game's over.

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                    It was obvious to everyone who had slow motion replay.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
                    No it was obvious to everyone and it should have been obvious to his sideline who were looking right at it. They tried to convince the ref it was incomplete (even though he had the perfect angle) then Payton trusted them cause they were emotional about it. Slow motion was the only way to see it might NOT have been a catch (the ball moves a tiny bit...god I hate that rule btw) but at real speed nothing makes it look like an incomplete pass.
                    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                      A great sideline view of the winning TD. Plug your ears.
                      Anyone know who is it that first gets to Diggs after reaching the endzone, then hugs him and picks him up?

Comment

• Originally posted by CLS View Post
                        Exactly Joe, you responded to your own point. He shouldn't have even wanted to hit Diggs until after the catch. Props to the young man for not ducking the press after the game, but based on his comments, he still doesn't get it. He said he should have attacked the ball. No. He should have made sure that he was between the receiver and the goal line. And incomplete pass gives the Steelers another play. A completed pass and an in-bounds tackle and the game's over.
                        This is what I teach my kids in Pop Warner and they look at me like I have two heads. Now, I will show this play.
                        Uncle Mickey: July 23, 1950-July 22, 2003

WRPI, 91.5 FM...usually color commentary.

Comment

Originally posted by CLS View Post
                          Edited your post. My question: If it's so important that the extra point be kicked with no time remaining, why didn't the Patriots have to kick the XP in the Super Bowl? Or the Colts in 195x

Dunno. Jimmy Jones said it was because he wanted to avoid a PI call. I don't buy that.
                          Possibly. But he was early to get to the player cause he was so aggressive in going after him. But in that situation, aggressiveness is the last thing you need. Keep the play in front of you at all times, don't let anyone get behind you. I mean, that's just basic, end of game prevent defense.
                          What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
                            Possibly. But he was early to get to the player cause he was so aggressive in going after him. But in that situation, aggressiveness is the last thing you need. Keep the play in front of you at all times, don't let anyone get behind you. I mean, that's just basic, end of game prevent defense.
                            Agree. Possibly what happened was that the coaches overemphasized the "no PI" because that was the second worst case scenario. It would have stopped the clock, perhaps giving the Vikings a shot at a field goal. And perhaps the reason that Williams is a good player is that he's aggressive. The fact that he didn't know (and apparently still doesn't) know how to properly channel his aggressiveness is a coaching failure.

Comment

It's the way the game is played these days too. Everybody wants to make the highlight reel hit, or the amazing pass breakup instead of just making sure the player gets stopped. Why no one wraps up tackles anymore, they'd rather deliver the bone-jarring shoulder hit, and just wrap their arms around and drag him down.

He wanted to make the big hit, take his legs out from under him while he was up in the air, but then realized his timing was off and he was gonna hit him before the ball got there. Which is why he did that awkward stumbling fly-by.
                              What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

• Originally posted by GrinCDXX View Post
                                Anyone know who is it that first gets to Diggs after reaching the endzone, then hugs him and picks him up?
                                http://www.1500espn.com/vikings-2/20...cle-touchdown/
                                the state of hockey is good

Comment

Working...
                                X