X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: NFL 2018 - cheaters never win, except for the super bowls and stuff

Originally posted by Rover View Post
    Who cares, if you're the Steelers? Offer the guy a boatload of money if he's the coach you want to overcome any qualms he might have about facing off against Belichick. Besides, lets say Patricia is going to the Lions. How about Vrabel, a guy who would have some insight into how Belichick prepares for a game and builds a team. Not to mention I believe he started his career in Pittsburgh.
    Don't think throwing money is the answer, especially given that the Belichick coaching tree doesn't have too many successful branches e.g. Crennel, Weis, McDaniels I (the one guy in the world who thought he could turn Tim Tebow into an NFL quarterback; was that hubris, abominably poor evaluation, or both?). If the Steelers replace Tomlin, I don't think they should focus on the Patriots -- their silly obsession is one of the big reasons that their season is over. It's also the reason that the Jets and Bills wasted time with Rex Ryan. You should hire a guy who suits your team, not who's a supposed expert on another. Vrabel may be the guy, but it should be because he's the right fit, not because he played for the Patriots.

Tomlin is a joke. I can't ever recall a coach allowing his entire team to call out who they want to face in the playoffs and look past the upcoming opponent in favor of the next game. In case nobody told him, playoffs are sudden death - as in you win or you're eliminated. Tomlin does know that, right?
    Allowed his team? He led the charge. I don't give "bulletin board material" as much credence as some do, but I think it can be an indicator that you're not focused, and that DOES matter.

What say you about Tomlin's future, Mookie? Serious question.

In the past I've seemed more supportive of Tomlin than you have. I don't watch many Steelers games, but the end of the Patriots game was a really bad look. Not the touchdown that got called back; that was either a bad call, a bad rule, or bad luck. But the play in which only two guys know the play and nine think it's a spike was a really bad reflection on the coaching staff. And scoring 42 points and losing a playoff game to Blake friggin' Bortles is bad, even if you take into account the turnovers and the defensive touchdown. He has the look of a guy who's accomplished about as much as he's going to in Pittsburgh.

Comment

Originally posted by CLS View Post
      Don't think throwing money is the answer, especially given that the Belichick coaching tree doesn't have too many successful branches e.g. Crennel, Weis, McDaniels I (the one guy in the world who thought he could turn Tim Tebow into an NFL quarterback; was that hubris, abominably poor evaluation, or both?). If the Steelers replace Tomlin, I don't think they should focus on the Patriots -- their silly obsession is one of the big reasons that their season is over. It's also the reason that the Jets and Bills wasted time with Rex Ryan. You should hire a guy who suits your team, not who's a supposed expert on another. Vrabel may be the guy, but it should be because he's the right fit, not because he played for the Patriots.

Allowed his team? He led the charge. I don't give "bulletin board material" as much credence as some do, but I think it can be an indicator that you're not focused, and that DOES matter.

What say you about Tomlin's future, Mookie? Serious question.

In the past I've seemed more supportive of Tomlin than you have. I don't watch many Steelers games, but the end of the Patriots game was a really bad look. Not the touchdown that got called back; that was either a bad call, a bad rule, or bad luck. But the play in which only two guys know the play and nine think it's a spike was a really bad reflection on the coaching staff. And scoring 42 points and losing a playoff game to Blake friggin' Bortles is bad, even if you take into account the turnovers and the defensive touchdown. He has the look of a guy who's accomplished about as much as he's going to in Pittsburgh.
      Mookie hates Tomlin and has said so many times on here

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
      I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

What's Jalen Ramsey thinking giving the Pats some bulletin board material ?

Guarantee ???

Didn't he just felt the same when the Steelers dissed his team ? LOL
        NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Comment

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
          Roethlisburger doesn't even have the authority to audible to a QB sneak on 4th and 1, when he's big and tall enough to lean forward and get it.

That's hilarious.
          Compared to Brady, who was checking off all game long.
          What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
            Mookie hates Tomlin and has said so many times on here

Ah, didn't remember it as being "hates".

Comment

Originally posted by CLS View Post
              Ah, didn't remember it as being "hates".
              Maybe hate is too strong , thinks he is a freaking idiot

I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

UrinatingTree (a Stillers fan) lets 'em have it with both barrels.

If you've never seen this guy's stuff, he's rapidly earning a following and for good reason. He pulls zero punches, but he's on the level and usually right on the money. No team is safe. Including his teams. ESPECIALLY his teams.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JyQ6Bbu8jvE (NSFW language)
                Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

Bengals fans donate to Bortles' charity as thanks for beating Pit.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2...ating-steelers
                  A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rover View Post
                    So, does Mike Tomlin still have a job as of this afternoon? And if so, why?
                    Be there until he dies
                    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Originally posted by SonofSouthie View Post
                      Seems there's a few looking to get rid of him.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...eam-to-fire-hc
                      Grady got fired

That worked out

Comment

• Originally posted by walrus View Post
                        Maybe hate is too strong , thinks he is a freaking idiot

Mookie does hate anyone . Mookie is full of love

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                          be there until he dies
                          :d
                          Originally posted by mookie1995
                          bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
                          Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
                          Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                            Be there until he dies
                            Then as a Pats fan I wish Tomlin a loooooong life!
                            Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Vikings fans give to Saints punter Thomas Morestad's charity
                              Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                              Originally posted by Quizmire
                              mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                              MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                              MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                              I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

It is up to like $130,000 now, so he'll be coming up here to donate it to the Children's Hospital. Lots of respect for this guy, he really seems like a genuine class act, which is rare on a team like the Saints.
                                Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Working...
                                X