Page 23 of 51 FirstFirst ... 131415161718192021222324252627282930313233 ... LastLast

Thread: NFL 2018 - cheaters never win, except for the super bowls and stuff :(

Re: NFL 2018 - cheaters never win, except for the super bowls and stuff :(

Quote Originally Posted by Kepler View Post
    Kick it 100 feet into the sky and catch it in the end zone. TD.
    Way back when in the first game of the NFL season (I can't remember what teams were involved), the opening kickoff is sent to the endzone. The receiving team had two players back. They both thought the other player was going to catch it, so they both ran up to block. The ball bounces in the endzone and stops dead. The kicking team jumps on it for a touchdown.
    Russell Jaslow
    [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
    U.S. College Hockey Online

there's a good buck in that racket.
    Quote Originally Posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
    Way back when in the first game of the NFL season (I can't remember what teams were involved), the opening kickoff is sent to the endzone. The receiving team had two players back. They both thought the other player was going to catch it, so they both ran up to block. The ball bounces in the endzone and stops dead. The kicking team jumps on it for a touchdown.
    Stillers Titans

Quote Originally Posted by joecct View Post
    Looking at the replay, if the DB hit Diggs when he wanted to, it would have been before the ball got there.
    Quote Originally Posted by joecct View Post
    If he had been taught to wrap the player up instead of throwing his body at the player, NO wins.
    Exactly Joe, you responded to your own point. He shouldn't have even wanted to hit Diggs until after the catch. Props to the young man for not ducking the press after the game, but based on his comments, he still doesn't get it. He said he should have attacked the ball. No. He should have made sure that he was between the receiver and the goal line. And incomplete pass gives the Steelers another play. A completed pass and an in-bounds tackle and the game's over.

(((NPC)))

Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    It was obvious to everyone who had slow motion replay.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    No it was obvious to everyone and it should have been obvious to his sideline who were looking right at it. They tried to convince the ref it was incomplete (even though he had the perfect angle) then Payton trusted them cause they were emotional about it. Slow motion was the only way to see it might NOT have been a catch (the ball moves a tiny bit...god I hate that rule btw) but at real speed nothing makes it look like an incomplete pass.
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Quote Originally Posted by Slap Shot View Post
    A great sideline view of the winning TD. Plug your ears.
    Anyone know who is it that first gets to Diggs after reaching the endzone, then hugs him and picks him up?

mascot extraordinaire
    Quote Originally Posted by CLS View Post
    Exactly Joe, you responded to your own point. He shouldn't have even wanted to hit Diggs until after the catch. Props to the young man for not ducking the press after the game, but based on his comments, he still doesn't get it. He said he should have attacked the ball. No. He should have made sure that he was between the receiver and the goal line. And incomplete pass gives the Steelers another play. A completed pass and an in-bounds tackle and the game's over.
    This is what I teach my kids in Pop Warner and they look at me like I have two heads. Now, I will show this play.

rock and roller
    no man's land, between wildcat and black bear territory

Quote Originally Posted by CLS View Post
    Edited your post. My question: If it's so important that the extra point be kicked with no time remaining, why didn't the Patriots have to kick the XP in the Super Bowl? Or the Colts in 195x

Dunno. Jimmy Jones said it was because he wanted to avoid a PI call. I don't buy that.
    Possibly. But he was early to get to the player cause he was so aggressive in going after him. But in that situation, aggressiveness is the last thing you need. Keep the play in front of you at all times, don't let anyone get behind you. I mean, that's just basic, end of game prevent defense.
    What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Quote Originally Posted by rufus View Post
    Possibly. But he was early to get to the player cause he was so aggressive in going after him. But in that situation, aggressiveness is the last thing you need. Keep the play in front of you at all times, don't let anyone get behind you. I mean, that's just basic, end of game prevent defense.
    Agree. Possibly what happened was that the coaches overemphasized the "no PI" because that was the second worst case scenario. It would have stopped the clock, perhaps giving the Vikings a shot at a field goal. And perhaps the reason that Williams is a good player is that he's aggressive. The fact that he didn't know (and apparently still doesn't) know how to properly channel his aggressiveness is a coaching failure.

rock and roller

It's the way the game is played these days too. Everybody wants to make the highlight reel hit, or the amazing pass breakup instead of just making sure the player gets stopped. Why no one wraps up tackles anymore, they'd rather deliver the bone-jarring shoulder hit, and just wrap their arms around and drag him down.

He wanted to make the big hit, take his legs out from under him while he was up in the air, but then realized his timing was off and he was gonna hit him before the ball got there. Which is why he did that awkward stumbling fly-by.

He fixes the cable?
    Quote Originally Posted by GrinCDXX View Post
    Anyone know who is it that first gets to Diggs after reaching the endzone, then hugs him and picks him up?
    http://www.1500espn.com/vikings-2/20...cle-touchdown/

Quote Originally Posted by state of hockey View Post
    Now it is coming out that the Saints had issues with their replay monitor upstairs, .....
    Wait, doesn't that only happen in New England?

It's the way the game is played these days too. Everybody wants to make the highlight reel hit, or the amazing pass breakup instead of just making sure the player gets stopped. Why no one wraps up tackles anymore, they'd rather deliver the bone-jarring shoulder hit, and just wrap their arms around and drag him down.

He wanted to make the big hit, take his legs out from under him while he was up in the air, but then realized his timing was off and he was gonna hit him before the ball got there. Which is why he did that awkward stumbling fly-by.
    IDK, I heard that he was trying to not hit him and get the PI call, probably because they'd get the yardage and automatic clock stoppage.

That said who knows what was going through his head, for a safety to make that play at that moment was just mind boggling.

(edit: just saw the post you responded to now)

Quote Originally Posted by state of hockey View Post
    Thanks

rock and roller

Quote Originally Posted by trixR4kids View Post
    IDK, I heard that he was trying to not hit him and get the PI call, probably because they'd get the yardage and automatic clock stoppage.

That said who knows what was going through his head, for a safety to make that play at that moment was just mind boggling.

(edit: just saw the post you responded to now)
    No, I think you can see by the way he's charging up at him, he was planning to take the legs out from under him. But then, like you said, he heard the coach's "No PI" in his head, knew that he was gonna get there too soon, and so you see he kind of awkwardly threw himself down and to the side to avoid hitting him. You don't plan on not hitting someone, and close in on him that aggressively.

You guys go to such great lengths to explain the unexplainable but utter not a word about Thor's role in all this.

Quote Originally Posted by burd View Post
    You guys go to such great lengths to explain the unexplainable but utter not a word about Thor's role in all this.
    It was a battle between Thor and God...and Thor won....

No, I think you can see by the way he's charging up at him, he was planning to take the legs out from under him. But then, like you said, he heard the coach's "No PI" in his head, knew that he was gonna get there too soon, and so you see he kind of awkwardly threw himself down and to the side to avoid hitting him. You don't plan on not hitting someone, and close in on him that aggressively.
    Yeah that's a good point... I get that it's an emotional sport that happens really fast in real time etc. but man that was such a meathead decision.

Quote Originally Posted by trixR4kids View Post
    but man that was such a meathead decision.
    As far as I'm concerned it was the best decision he could make.
    Quinnipiac Bobcats
    2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16 ECAC Regular Season Champions
    2013 East Regional Champions, Frozen Four
    2014 East Regional
    2015 West Regional
    2016 ECAC Tournament Champions, East Regional Champions, Frozen Four

Quote Originally Posted by ticapnews View Post
    It was a battle between Thor and God...and Thor won....
    Good Lutrens are a little conflicted on that one.

Lucia Apologist

Is brees retiring?

Thread Information