This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by joecct View Post
    Rumors flying that this could be the last game of both Belichick and Brady.

My sister is landing any minute now in Minneapolis with the contingent of Pats VIP fans. She lucked into a ticket. All expenses covered and they fly back tonight after the game.
    Wonder if they’re part of the pre game VIP stuff that our resident bartender is working today

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
      Wonder if they’re part of the pre game VIP stuff that our resident bartender is working today
      All she told me was that the pre and post game parties (morgues?) and ticket were free. I have a hunch the barf bags on the way back will be the extra large variety.
      CCT '77 & '78
      4 kids
      5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
      1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
      - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

• Originally posted by joecct View Post
        I heard a rumor that Santa Claus beat the Easter Bunny in a unicorn race.

Comment

• Re: NFL 2018 - cheaters never win, except for the super bowls and stuff

Weather couldn't have been better for the SB. Cold, snow, and colder. I know it won't bother the teams' fans, but all the non-winter areas' fans and media......hee hee
          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
          Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

• Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
            Weather couldn't have been better for the SB. Cold, snow, and colder. I know it won't bother the teams' fans, but all the non-winter areas' fans and media......hee hee
            I loved the espn moron who said it can’t ever come back because it’s too cold to make money.
            Ummm....what money is being lost? People are out all over spending lots of money.

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
              I loved the espn moron who said it can’t ever come back because it’s too cold to make money.
              Ummm....what money is being lost? People are out all over spending lots of money.
              Is there a ton of incentive to actually host (from the NFL's standpoint)? Doesn't all revenue go to the NFL, then out to teams equally?

Obviously outside businesses benefit from the influx of tourist $$$, but that is secondary and not really a concern of the Shield....
              It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                mookie finds that shocking for february!!!

a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post
                  Is there a ton of incentive to actually host (from the NFL's standpoint)? Doesn't all revenue go to the NFL, then out to teams equally?

Obviously outside businesses benefit from the influx of tourist $$$, but that is secondary and not really a concern of the Shield....
                  Yes he was arguing the sponsors weren’t making money. Which I’m not really understanding. People were out and about and spending a lot of money at the local places.

Comment

They’re insane. ESPN has zero credibility regardless. This is the network which gave us Skip Bayless, Stephen A Smith, and every other airbag.
                    Code:
                    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                    Originally posted by SanTropez
                    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                    Originally posted by Kepler
                    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

I would not doubt that when all is said and done the host city takes a net loss on hosting the SB.
                      Cornell University
                      National Champion 1967, 1970
                      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                        I would not doubt that when all is said and done the host city takes a net loss on hosting the SB.
                        Nor would I, especially since the city tends to benefit indirectly (hotel taxes, meals taxes, etc.) but spend directly (police overtime) etc. But I'd also doubt that it would cripple the city for decades, like the Olympics.

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                          I’m absolutely sure of it. You know how many hotel rooms, rental cars,and other perks the hose provides the NFL? It’s monstrous.

Sports in general are a net negative to any city.
                          Code:
                          As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                          College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                          BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                          Originally posted by SanTropez
                          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                          Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                          I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                          Originally posted by Kepler
                          When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post

My sister is landing any minute now in Minneapolis with the contingent of Pats VIP fans. She lucked into a ticket. All expenses covered and they fly back tonight after the game.
                            I can see that if they lose. If they win though, I can't see how either could turn their back on the opportunity to pass the Stillers and win 7.
                            What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

• Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                              Open the doors!
                              the state of hockey is good

Comment

Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
                                I heard a rumor that Santa Claus beat the Easter Bunny in a unicorn race.
                                That one began as satire--a metaphor on pagans' efforts to get christians to war against each other. Infowars then ran it as an actual event. flaggy was so traumatized he was offline for weeks.

Comment

Working...
                                X