This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: NFL 2018 - cheaters never win, except for the super bowls and stuff

So, does Mike Tomlin still have a job as of this afternoon? And if so, why?
    Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

• Originally posted by Rover View Post
      Because, all they have done is won games. Additionally, who would be a better choice right now?
      PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
      Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
      NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

Roethlisburger doesn't even have the authority to audible to a QB sneak on 4th and 1, when he's big and tall enough to lean forward and get it.

That's hilarious.
        "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Originally posted by CLS View Post
          I feel for him too. He stood there by his locker, didn't dodge questions, and admitted he made a mistake. What angers me is that he didn't understand what the mistake was. He said he should have gone for the ball. The people on the hot seat should have been the coaches, from Payton all the way down to the DB coach.
          Personally, I thought he was pushed off by Diggs.
          That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
            Because, all they have done is won games. Additionally, who would be a better choice right now?
            Until they get to the playoffs! Tomlin is an awful coach who's team is winning in spite of him. Never seen such a lack of discipline and focus.

If they were smart, they'd go hire Matt Patricia as coach. Can't be any worse than Tomlin, most likely better, and it screws the Patriots. Instead they'll keep the same guy who openly encouraged his players to look past their next opponent to a hypothetical rematch that they'll now be playing on Madden 2018 instead of on the field.

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

Comment

• Originally posted by Rover View Post
              Until they get to the playoffs! Tomlin is an awful coach who's team is winning in spite of him. Never seen such a lack of discipline and focus.

If they were smart, they'd go hire Matt Patricia as coach. Can't be any worse than Tomlin, most likely better, and it screws the Patriots. Instead they'll keep the same guy who openly encouraged his players to look past their next opponent to a hypothetical rematch that they'll now be playing on Madden 2018 instead of on the field.
              Patricia (Lions) is not available. So, whos your next guy?
              PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
              Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
              NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

Patricia (Lions) is not available. So, whos your next guy?
                I'd go after Vrabel or Richard in Seattle. Two young DC's running good but injury riddled defenses. Get them a HC job and instill some discipline on an out of control locker room and help fix a befuddled defense.

Mind you, I hope Tomlin gets a lifetime contract. When his team was lining up to talk to reporters after Harrison was cut and signed with the Patriots was all you needed to know about his coaching ability. They sounded like a bunch of high school girls who got stood up for the prom.
                Last edited by Rover; 01-16-2018, 12:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post

If they were smart
                  They ain't.
                  A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

Seems there's a few looking to get rid of him.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...eam-to-fire-hc
                    A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

Even assuming the job were open, I think that Patricia knows better than to go to a Pats rival. Belichick know that he can't keep control of his OC and DC forever, but the man does hold grudges. The bad blood between Belichick and Mangini began before Deflategate, and I think it had to do with "Mangenius" becoming "HC of the NYJ".

Besides, the Lions may be a better job at this point. Who knows how long Roethlisberger is going to be around?

Comment

Kind of like what the Yankees did...
                        Russell Jaslow
                        [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
                        U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

Even assuming the job were open, I think that Patricia knows better than to go to a Pats rival. Belichick know that he can't keep control of his OC and DC forever, but the man does hold grudges. The bad blood between Belichick and Mangini began before Deflategate, and I think it had to do with "Mangenius" becoming "HC of the NYJ".

Besides, the Lions may be a better job at this point. Who knows how long Roethlisberger is going to be around?
                          Don't you mean "tapegate" or whatever they called the videotape cheating?
                          Russell Jaslow
                          [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
                          U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
                            Yes I did. Thanks for the catch.

Comment

Who cares, if you're the Steelers? Offer the guy a boatload of money if he's the coach you want to overcome any qualms he might have about facing off against Belichick. Besides, lets say Patricia is going to the Lions. How about Vrabel, a guy who would have some insight into how Belichick prepares for a game and builds a team. Not to mention I believe he started his career in Pittsburgh.

Tomlin is a joke. I can't ever recall a coach allowing his entire team to call out who they want to face in the playoffs and look past the upcoming opponent in favor of the next game. In case nobody told him, playoffs are sudden death - as in you win or you're eliminated. Tomlin does know that, right?

Comment

Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
                                SpyGate.

Comment

Working...
                                X