Great Lakes Invitational moves to LCA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great Lakes Invitational moves to LCA

Despite the horrible scheduling of this holiday classic, this year's tourney has much intrigue and hopefully will not be ignored due to the selection of the Jan 1/2 scheduling.

Fox Sports Detroit apparently is not televising the first day(??)

Chris Bergeron is the only coach in the tournament that led his team last year.
    BG is solid again this year with 2 quality goalies, but are a bit offensively snakebitten.

Michigan State has beaten good teams this year, and had split earlier in the season with both BG and Michigan.
    Lewandoski has been lights out amazing this season.

Michigan is most likely missing Hughes, Norris, and Lockwood to the World Juniors and will have had a very long layoff between games.
    They are scoring a bunch, but also giving up a lot.

Then, the tournament host, Michigan Tech who just recently lost defenseman Keegan Ford to injury for the season in the last game vs LSSU.
    Tech has been rotating goalies trying to find stability. Tech's forwards are the strength of the team, but also have a pair of dynamic defenseman in Reinke and Auk.

It seems wide open and the championship pair is hard to predict at this point.

What are your thoughts?
    Last edited by Huskiefan906; 12-22-2017, 09:19 AM.

Re: Great Lakes Invitational moves to LCA

I predict there’s going to be four really good games that no one is going to see.

Excited to see LCA and hopefully not fall out of the press gondola though.
    Co-Founder/Editor of BGSUHockey.com

Comment

Originally posted by BGDrew View Post
      I predict there’s going to be four really good games that no one is going to see.
      Had every intention of attending. Family Christmas at the in-laws on the first (tradition) and back to work on the second means that's not going to happen. Hopefully, there's an internet feed available with little chance of any station in Ohio plucking it up.

Comment

The responses to this thread are a bit of an eerie premonition of this tourney being ignored this year, oh well Tech will still accept the trophy regardless..

Comment

I will be there both days. Go BG!!!!!

Comment

Looking forward to the first GLI at the LCA. Went down to the Joe Saturday where they were selling off a bunch of arena items and picked up some nifty stuff. I watched 150+ college games there since 1995, but I really am excited about the move to the new venue.

Comment

Originally posted by potternmu View Post
              Looking forward to the first GLI at the LCA. Went down to the Joe Saturday where they were selling off a bunch of arena items and picked up some nifty stuff. I watched 150+ college games there since 1995, but I really am excited about the move to the new venue.
              Anyone whose ever had to find their to and use the makeshift press box at the Joe is as excited as you!
              "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Go Tech, getting ready for a much anticipated GLI. Tech playing for its Pairwise life.....

Comment

Originally posted by Huskiefan906 View Post
                  Go Tech, getting ready for a much anticipated GLI. Tech playing for its Pairwise life.....
                  I don't believe Tech has any hope of an at large bid so winning the WCHA is their only hope of making the NCAA tournament. The pairwise means nothing at this point.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

The next 4 games allow Tech to improve their Pairwise, agreed, it probably will not be enough for an auto-bid, but these games are important.

Comment

If you combine them with wins in league it might be enough so very important
                      MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
                        If you combine them with wins in league it might be enough so very important
                        I agree the games are very important. Just saying barring a complete meltdown by some and a total turn around by Tech, Pairwise means nothing.
                        I see no feasible scenario that puts Tech even close to an autobid.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

I have us at 18 if we win the next 6 and league play including playoffs could get us in
                          MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Watching on WCHA.tv. Can't believe we can't get the games in HD.

Pretty entertaining so far. Better attendance than I expected.
                            CCHA 4 LIFE

Comment

The feed was fixed for the 2nd period on, that was a bit nerve wracking, but fun to watch.

Comment

Working...
                              X