Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The States: Doing Their Own Thing...

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
    Aaah, yes. So, because I am Scooby I'm a moron. I get it. Problem with Walz is he's Clinton. He'll reach out to Republicans, Evangelicals, and Rural Trump voters. Big mistake. Exactly what the DFL doesn't need right now.
    Well no offense Scooby but your track record is worse than Les Steckel
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Here's the article on Coleman dropping from the race.

http://www.startribune.com/chris-col...nor/473839953/

"Walz or Wisconsin"? That's the DFL running on fear. Why is he running on fear? Why isn't he running on what the DFL actually offers which is BETTER than what the Republicans offer? I don't get it.
      Actually I like that motto for a few reasons. One it plays up how much we hate them and two we are trying to do whatever we can to not screw up this state as much as the GOP destroyed that one. Plus it is short and catchy so the nimrods can remember it. I wouldnt make it his platform statement but for now it is a good way to goose people.

FWIW I dont see Walz trying to reach out and win votes...if he is half the campaigner he is supposed to be he will realize he doesnt have to in this state, He needs to win the major cities. Right now they are not GOP strongholds.
      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
        Well no offense Scooby but your track record is worse than Les Steckel
        Good. It's "Walz or Wisconsin". I'm so excited.
        **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
        Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Good. It's "Walz or Wisconsin". I'm so excited.
          You arent the one who needs to be excited...in fact me and you are the last people they should care about since we are going to vote anyways.

BTW from someone I know who interviewed all of them a few months ago (in a professional capacity) liked Walz over Coleman. Hated Otto more than anyone. They liked Erin Murphy though best of all of them.
          -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

You arent the one who needs to be excited...in fact me and you are the last people they should care about since we are going to vote anyways.

BTW from someone I know who interviewed all of them a few months ago (in a professional capacity) liked Walz over Coleman. Hated Otto more than anyone. They liked Erin Murphy though best of all of them.
            Well, like you say, they don't have to work for my vote. They better win.
            **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Well, like you say, they don't have to work for my vote. They better win.
              Agreed.
              -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

I give my vote the old fashioned way. You have to earn it.
                CCT '77 & '78
                4 kids
                5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                  Seeing as we see who you tend to cuddle up to I am not sure that is something I would be proud of...
                  -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Nice concept. However, one party is so bankrupt, corrupt, and devoid of any new ideas or love for it's fellow man. And since we have a two party system that only leaves one choice. Anyone who thinks otherwise is delusional.

Comment

Thanksgiving Should Be Fun
                      -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Nice concept. However, one party is so bankrupt, corrupt, and devoid of any new ideas or love for it's fellow man. And since we have a two party system that only leaves one choice. Anyone who thinks otherwise is delusional.
                        Yeah but dont forget the 3 G's Scooby...oh and TEH ABORSHUN!!!!
                        -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Yeah but dont forget the 3 G's Scooby...oh and TEH ABORSHUN!!!!
                          Yes, and also don't forget that 33% are un-redeemable.

Comment

We all think this about ourselves; it's nonsense. Our votes are a function of our autobiography and our information, and now even our information is a function of our autobiography. Our actual active choice, which we believe so strongly in, in practice is nil. We are a deterministic machine: you input life experiences and it spits out a vote. There's no independent intellectual evaluation against any external logical standard going on. Our vote is our ego. It's the Texan in Catch-22.

Who was the last Democratic presidential nominee you voted for?
                            Last edited by Kepler; 02-13-2018, 09:42 AM.
                            Cornell University
                            National Champion 1967, 1970
                            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Yes, and also don't forget that 33% are un-redeemable.
                              This is the thing we have to start with. Because liberals come from an academic / intellectual tradition we always believe that given enough information people will reach logical conclusions. But that is only true of the people who are competent in the academic / intellectual tradition. The real world is divided roughly into thirds:

One third are the humans. We won the mental lottery. Most of us went to college although there are also plenty of undiscovered humans who were f-cked over by being born poor and/or to sub-human parents. Humans think and reason. They draw conclusions from information. Stephen Colbert is a human.

The remaining two-thirds are sub-humans, split down the middle: half of them (hence one third of the total population) are chimpanzees. They're not humans but we can live with them; they aren't particularly aggressive or savage unless they are backed into a corner. While they can't be reasoned with, they can be cajoled and controlled. Chris Matthews is a chimpanzee.

The other half of the sub-humans (and the final third of the population) are the gorillas. Violent, aggressive, and spectacularly stupid, they are the source of 90% of the hardship in the world. They clutch their borders and their bibles and their bigotries. They are the kids we last saw in high school beating somebody up behind metal shop. The good news is the day you enter college you leave them behind in your personal life. The bad news is, they vote. Bill O'Reilly is a gorilla.

Political life is humans allying with chimpanzees to protect themselves from the gorillas. Right now the gorillas control our political system, with obviously predictable results. They are the face of our public culture, which is a travesty of violence and hatred. Our job right now is to hunker down, protect each other, and use every legal means to drive the gorillas back into the trees where they belong. They're actually much happier back there anyway, because there they are competent at their gorilla tasks, which mostly consist of banging on things and other gorillas. When they try to do chimpanzee tasks, let alone human, they aren't up to it, they fail, and they lash out to blame and hurt others.
                              Last edited by Kepler; 02-13-2018, 10:06 AM.
                              Cornell University
                              National Champion 1967, 1970
                              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

-aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Working...
                                X