Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The States: Doing Their Own Thing...

Originally posted by French Rage View Post
    "Show your respect for the flag by standing for it!", says governor of state that abandoned flag 150 years back because they wanted to own other people. https://twitter.com/henrymcmaster/st...07770184802304
    What a dip****.
    Code:
    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
    Originally posted by SanTropez
    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
    Originally posted by Kepler
    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
      I'll be at a movie. Sitting. And not thinking about the National Anthem or the stupid Super Bowl.
      I will be working at the Convention Center...not watching. Though the Patriots After Party (which I am working) will be a lot of fun

Scooby thankfully Minnesota politics are controlled by the 4 major cities (Twin Cities, Rochester and Duluth) and none of them are going GOP in the current climate. I dont even know who would run as an R but no one with a name seems to be putting in much effort.

Oh also...Paulsen is going to get trounced! The Dems have some great candidates for that seat and Dean Phillips is going to not only beat all of them but he is going to clean Paulsen's clock. The guy clicks all the check marks for the liberals and the moderates and according to someone I know who just interviewed him he is about as charismatic as it gets. I believe DGF will back me up on the Dean Phillips love
      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
        Oh also...Paulsen is going to get trounced! The Dems have some great candidates for that seat and Dean Phillips is going to not only beat all of them but he is going to clean Paulsen's clock.
        Cornell University
        National Champion 1967, 1970
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
          I will be working at the Convention Center...not watching. Though the Patriots After Party (which I am working) will be a lot of fun

Scooby thankfully Minnesota politics are controlled by the 4 major cities (Twin Cities, Rochester and Duluth) and none of them are going GOP in the current climate. I dont even know who would run as an R but no one with a name seems to be putting in much effort.

Oh also...Paulsen is going to get trounced! The Dems have some great candidates for that seat and Dean Phillips is going to not only beat all of them but he is going to clean Paulsen's clock. The guy clicks all the check marks for the liberals and the moderates and according to someone I know who just interviewed him he is about as charismatic as it gets. I believe DGF will back me up on the Dean Phillips love
          Yes, I have dean Phillips fever!
          Robert and Jonathan Kraft are coming to my office Thursday with some of the players. I’d rather be at the after party

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
            Robert and Jonathan Kraft are coming to my office Thursday with some of the players. I’d rather be at the after party
            I'd rather Sid and Marty Krofft.
            Cornell University
            National Champion 1967, 1970
            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
              Yes, I have dean Phillips fever!
              Personally I am looking forward to meeting Marky Mark and Donny more...fingers crossed

If the Vikings had made it we would have had their party instead :/
              "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
              -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
              -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
              -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                If the Vikings had made it we would have had their party instead :/
                So your site was slated for the losing team ...
                < ducks >
                < runs for door >
                The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

That was lame even for you!
                  -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Incompetence in Hawaii

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...-incompetence/
                    CCT '77 & '78
                    4 kids
                    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                      in other news, water is wet

those who can, do
                      those who can't, teach.
                      those who can't teach, teach gym
                      those who can't teach gym work in hr
                      those who can't work in hr, work in government
                      a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Folks in cake eater country - true??

http://www.weeklystandard.com/inside...ticle/2011402#
                        CCT '77 & '78
                        4 kids
                        5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                        1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                        - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                          Folks in cake eater country - true??

http://www.weeklystandard.com/inside...ticle/2011402#
                          I don't live in Edina but I've heard rumblings about it. The problem is society can't seem to get rid of racism without also getting rid of everyone being different. This obsession with test scores is going to destroy education in this country. Both my daughters grew up in it and while the eldest found her way the youngest had a lot of school issues because of it. If blacks have bad test score in Edina schools it is likely just because they have bad test scores. It has nothing to do with the teachers or the teaching. But, that's what the insidious NCLB did to the country. We started grading the teachers performance entirely on students that they don't get to select. That's wrong. It has to be a 50/50 street and the kid has to want to learn but also has to be good at test taking. Some kids are just bad at tests. I know, one of mine was like that.
                          **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                          Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Funny thing about that Hawaii article is that all the incompetence being rewarded there happens just as much in the private industry, I can tell you that first hand.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                              I don't live in Edina but I've heard rumblings about it. The problem is society can't seem to get rid of racism without also getting rid of everyone being different. This obsession with test scores is going to destroy education in this country. Both my daughters grew up in it and while the eldest found her way the youngest had a lot of school issues because of it. If blacks have bad test score in Edina schools it is likely just because they have bad test scores. It has nothing to do with the teachers or the teaching. But, that's what the insidious NCLB did to the country. We started grading the teachers performance entirely on students that they don't get to select. That's wrong. It has to be a 50/50 street and the kid has to want to learn but also has to be good at test taking. Some kids are just bad at tests. I know, one of mine was like that.
                              Let me ask this: How else would you measure the quality of the educational process? Would you base it on the specific content committed to memory? Would you measure it on how to apply the concepts you have learned in the real world? Also, where is the "cliff" between "good" educator and "bad" educator? If there's a concept in mind, it has to be executed in order to realize the concept. High educational standards have been a concept for a long time, touted by both Democrats and Republicans. The Bush administration chose to quantify this standard (NCLB), and the Obama administration chose to enact a one-size-fits-all execution plan (Common Core). We could argue about their merits and issues until the cows come home, but the fact of the matter is that a concept was asked to be executed, and it was.

With a public school system with compulsory education, everyone must be educated. And there are some that just won't "get it" using the presently taught means. How do we set them up for success in their community?

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                                Let me ask this: How else would you measure the quality of the educational process? Would you base it on the specific content committed to memory? Would you measure it on how to apply the concepts you have learned in the real world? Also, where is the "cliff" between "good" educator and "bad" educator? If there's a concept in mind, it has to be executed in order to realize the concept. High educational standards have been a concept for a long time, touted by both Democrats and Republicans. The Bush administration chose to quantify this standard (NCLB), and the Obama administration chose to enact a one-size-fits-all execution plan (Common Core). We could argue about their merits and issues until the cows come home, but the fact of the matter is that a concept was asked to be executed, and it was.

With a public school system with compulsory education, everyone must be educated. And there are some that just won't "get it" using the presently taught means. How do we set them up for success in their community?
                                It's not our responsibility to set them up for success. They are given a free education. Take advantage of it or don't. Instead we've decided to punish those involved in educating our kids. That's wrong.
                                **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                                Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Working...
                                X