X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by unofan View Post
    I don't believe that for a second.

Edit: So you're apparently referencing the AG threatening a fine for businesses who illegally turn over information to the feds.

Key word: illegally.
    Legal Fed or Legal California?
    CCT '77 & '78
    4 kids
    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

• Re: The States: Doing Their Own Thing...

Originally posted by unofan View Post
      I don't believe that for a second.

Edit: So you're apparently referencing the AG threatening a fine for businesses who illegally turn over information to the feds.

Key word: illegally.
      Of course you don't believe it. Because all your sources seem to ever push is "Russia Russia Russia" while burying the actual stories about 6 pages in, and you have no desire to go beyond the first 3 sentences without overreacting.

I'm sure we'll have another federal vs. state fight in the courts, and I'll bet a roll of wheat pennies that the interstate commerce clause is going to come up.

Comment

• Originally posted by joecct View Post
        Legal Fed or Legal California?
        You seem to know the answers. You tell me. You've fallen back into your "im just asking questions" mode.

Comment

• Originally posted by unofan View Post
          You seem to know the answers. You tell me. You've fallen back into your "im just asking questions" mode.
          JFC. If California passes a law or the Gov issues an EO that says thou shall not cooperate with the Fed's on immigration enforcement (Sanctuary! - they should call it the Quasimodo Law) and a CA business then complies with Fed immigration law and turns in illegal immigrants, can CA legally fine the business?
          Last edited by joecct; 01-23-2018, 02:40 PM.
          CCT '77 & '78
          4 kids

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
          - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
            JFC. If California passes a law or the Gov issues an EO that says thou shall not cooperate with the Fed's on immigration enforcement (Sanctuary! - they should call Off The Quasimodo Law) and a CA business then complies with Fed immigration law and turns in illegal immigrants, can CA legally fine the business?
            Well you are the one who brought up the "fact" without doing any real research. Why dont you look it up yourself...

Oh the actual information might not jibe with the "point" you are trying to make so you ignored it? Say it isnt so joe...
            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

JFC. If California passes a law or the Gov issues an EO that says thou shall not cooperate with the Fed's on immigration enforcement (Sanctuary! - they should call it the Quasimodo Law) and a CA business then complies with Fed immigration law and turns in illegal immigrants, can CA legally fine the business?
              California believes they can. Person will rat on the business, and California will then sue the business. There will likely be a counter-suit when it comes up. It will go to a federal court. Insert my reply a few posts ago.

Comment

• Originally posted by joecct View Post
                JFC. If California passes a law or the Gov issues an EO that says thou shall not cooperate with the Fed's on immigration enforcement (Sanctuary! - they should call Off The Quasimodo Law) and a CA business then complies with Fed immigration law and turns in illegal immigrants, can CA legally fine the business?
                Depends on your definition of cooperation. They can't prevent you from responding to a search warrant or subpoena or any other legal request that satisfies due process. They can't make illegal any action mandated by federal law.

If you're asking if they can pass a law allowing the state to fine companies who respond to fishing expeditions by ICE for their employees' personal information without any sort of justification other than "we want this", then yes, California can do that.

But somehow I think you already knew that.
                Last edited by unofan; 01-23-2018, 03:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by unofan View Post
                  Depends on your definition of cooperation. They can't prevent you from responding to a search warrant or subpoena or any other legal request that satisfies due process.

If you're asking if they can pass a law allowing the state to fine companies who respond to fishing expeditions by ICE for their employees' personal information without any sort of justification other than "we want this", then yes, California can do that.

But somehow I think you already knew that.
                  However, you must also take into account what sort of liabilities the company may have when it comes to knowledge that they are harboring someone they know to be illegal, and the feds start asking questions. After all, isn't that the tactic being used in the whole Russia witch hunt?

Comment

In somewhat different news, the RI House has put the kibosh on public extortionfinancing of a new AAA baseball park to replace venerable McCoy Stadium in Pawtucket RI.

This paves the way for Worcester, MA to cave to the extortion plans of Larry "Lucky" Lucchino and use public money to build (according to the latest drawings I've seen) Fenway Park Light.
                    CCT '77 & '78
                    4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

In somewhat different news, the RI House has put the kibosh on public extortionfinancing of a new AAA baseball park to replace venerable McCoy Stadium in Pawtucket RI.

This paves the way for Worcester, MA to cave to the extortion plans of Larry "Lucky" Lucchino and use public money to build (according to the latest drawings I've seen) Fenway Park Light.
                      Wow, I guess Curt Schilling really did ruin everything in that state when he left them high and dry using taxpayer funding for his failed video game company!

Having said that, I don't see the state ponying up for anything but infrastructure. If they told Kraft to go screw years back, I don't think they're enamored with the Pawsox. Worcester the city may open the vault and that's up to them. One would think they have more resources than Pawtucket, RI to do so.
                      Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
                        Wow, I guess Curt Schilling really did ruin everything in that state when he left them high and dry using taxpayer funding for his failed video game company!

Having said that, I don't see the state ponying up for anything but infrastructure. If they told Kraft to go screw years back, I don't think they're enamored with the Pawsox. Worcester the city may open the vault and that's up to them. One would think they have more resources than Pawtucket, RI to do so.
                        I played that game. It was pretty bad.
                        **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                        Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                          I played that game. It was pretty bad.
                          I'm happy for Schilling's exploits on the field with the Red Sox but he could quite possibly be the stupidest person alive, and that includes Trump. Why anybody would give him money for a business concept that didn't involve throwing a baseball is beyond me. Sadly in a have-and-have-not world, states on the outs are desperate for a shot in the arm. Hence some of the "incentives" thrown at Amazon for their 2nd HQ.
                          Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Turns out I'm going to have to get a permit* to conceal carry afterall...

*I'm not actually going to get one...or carry
                            Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                            Originally posted by Quizmire
                            mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                            MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                            MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                            I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
                              That's too bad. The biggest issue with permits is, when the gun grabs come, they know from those permits who has them, so they go after them first. Just like what happens with pretty much any registry in history.

Comment

The gun grab will come about the same time as the Walmart death camps that you were hyping up.

Comment

Working...
                                X