Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The States: Doing Their Own Thing...

Mother Jones, lol. Pull your head out of the far-left sand at least once a day, OK?

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
      Mother Jones, lol. Pull your head out of the far-left sand at least once a day, OK?
      Youre going to argue there wasn’t voter suppression because you don’t like the source? Ooooooook. How about debating the actual data or something substantive.

Comment

Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
        Youre going to argue there wasn’t voter suppression because you don’t like the source? Ooooooook. How about debating the actual data or something substantive.
        No we arent arguing there wasnt voter suppression. Learn to read. We are saying voter suppression isnt why Hillary lost. That you cant figure that out is kind of astounding.

Hell it isnt like voter suppression is something new, they were doing it in 2012. (I believe it was the Virginia SecState who said their voter ID laws would flip the state for Romney when asked about) The difference was people cared enough to fight it or to show up. Obama inspired people to vote, Hillary didnt. It isnt hard to do the math. Hell even in the states she won her numbers were way down from him...I wonder why that is.

If you want to say it contributed...fine. If you want to say that was THE reason then sorry but that just isnt the case.
        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
          No we arent arguing there wasnt voter suppression. Learn to read. We are saying voter suppression isnt why Hillary lost. That you cant figure that out is kind of astounding.

Hell it isnt like voter suppression is something new, they were doing it in 2012. (I believe it was the Virginia SecState who said their voter ID laws would flip the state for Romney when asked about) The difference was people cared enough to fight it or to show up. Obama inspired people to vote, Hillary didnt. It isnt hard to do the math. Hell even in the states she won her numbers were way down from him...I wonder why that is.

If you want to say it contributed...fine. If you want to say that was THE reason then sorry but that just isnt the case.
          Ok, fair enough.

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
            It makes complete sense.

Yes, they say they are going to screw me, although honestly because I've had some breaks along the way a lot of their fiscal policies probably help me more than screw me. But yes, I understand going in that their policies probably aren't economically advantageous for the vast majority of the citizens. But what I also understand is that simple politics are not going to allow them to completely empty the vault. They will never be allowed to go as far as they would like. They could never get a law passed that exempts from taxes all income earned over $20,000 for instance. Even that would be too brazen for enough of them that you couldn't get a majority vote. I do generally favor small government over large.

The same way with the cultural issues. Yeah, they're going to pass laws that try to prevent gays from marrying or women from getting abortions. But I also know that the courts are always there to put the breaks on that nonsense.

But let's say you're an African American citizen in this country. For 50 years the Democrats have been telling you that they're the ones who are going to make your life better. They're going to lift you out of poverty. They're going to end the racial injustice that exists. The same for the poor.

How have you done on that, by the way?

The ideals of the Democratic party are a thousand times better than those proposed by the Republican party. Of course. Who doesn't want racial harmony. Who doesn't want for all of us to be economically prosperous instead of just 1% of us.

But all you do is promise it. Then, when you don't deliver, you wonder why African Americans or poor white people don't turn out to vote for you in the election, or even worse, vote for Trump.

I don't vote for Republican candidates only. I vote strictly on whether I like the person or not, and more importantly, whether I think they're lying to me.

I voted for Franken, and would have done so again. In the last election I voted for the Democratic candidate for my congressional seat because I thought the Republican candidate was just plain dumb. But I didn't vote for Governor Dayton. I supported Tim Pawlenty. I voted for McCain, but then I voted for Obama against Romney.
            Its good that you self reflect, but I can't agree with some of your logic.

I do not believe for a second that the GOP tells you they are going to screw you. How did Trump so many low income voters? Because he said he was going to screw them? No they don't tell anyone they're going to screw them...its just that you personally can see through the bs and most of the other GOP voters don't for one reason or another.

On the flip side, Dems do support these better ideals for which they stand - and typically don't willingly betray them as you allude. They support minimum wages, support affirmative action, support education. Do you think increased healthcare coverage was bad for the needy? I would say not. Remember all of these 'ideals' are sabotaged by the GOP at every turn - hence Obamacare is currently a shadow of what was proposed.

Both sides work with special interests - but don't blame the Dems more than the GOP because you have higher expectations for them.
            Go Gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
              Who doesn't want racial harmony. Who doesn't want for all of us to be economically prosperous instead of just 1% of us.
              BSABSVR idiots like you that vote against it, for starters.
              Originally posted by dicaslover
              Yep, you got it. I heart Maize.

Originally posted by Kristin
              Maybe I'm missing something but you just asked me which MSU I go to and then you knew the theme of my homecoming, how do you know one and not the other?

Western College Hockey Blog

Comment

The problem is Hovey mentions racial “harmony” which is not racial “equality”.
                U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post
                  Its good that you self reflect, but I can't agree with some of your logic.

I do not believe for a second that the GOP tells you they are going to screw you. How did Trump so many low income voters? Because he said he was going to screw them? No they don't tell anyone they're going to screw them...its just that you personally can see through the bs and most of the other GOP voters don't for one reason or another.

On the flip side, Dems do support these better ideals for which they stand - and typically don't willingly betray them as you allude. They support minimum wages, support affirmative action, support education. Do you think increased healthcare coverage was bad for the needy? I would say not. Remember all of these 'ideals' are sabotaged by the GOP at every turn - hence Obamacare is currently a shadow of what was proposed.

Both sides work with special interests - but don't blame the Dems more than the GOP because you have higher expectations for them.
                  Then why does Trump have the lowest black unemployment since recorded? Why are less and less people on food stamps? Perhaps those "good Dems" really leave out their true intentions.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                    Then why does Trump have the lowest black unemployment since recorded? Why are less and less people on food stamps? Perhaps those "good Dems" really leave out their true intentions.
                    So you want to compare black unemployment rates? (which doesn't say much about specific policies that benefit them)

1992 black unemployment GOP Bush Sr. 14.2%
                    2000 black unemployment Dem Clinton 7.6%
                    2008 black unemployment GOP Bush Jr. 14.8%
                    2016 black unemployment Dem Obama 8%

I can give Trump credit for just over a point of black unemployment...which would be the only improvement in black unemployment tied to a GOP administration in 50 years.
                    Go Gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post
                      So you want to compare black unemployment rates? (which doesn't say much about specific policies that benefit them)

1992 black unemployment GOP Bush Sr. 14.2%
                      2000 black unemployment Dem Clinton 7.6%
                      2008 black unemployment GOP Bush Jr. 14.8%
                      2016 black unemployment Dem Obama 8%

I can give Trump credit for just over a point of black unemployment...which would be the only improvement in black unemployment tied to a GOP administration in 50 years.
                      That'll send him running to Alex for direction, 5mn.

Think of that: People will pay you for colored water, AND you get to tell them what to think. It's better than oil: you never have to slow down production.
                      Last edited by burd; 01-21-2018, 10:53 AM.

Comment

Man he's lucky to get to ride the tail of the Obama Expansion (tm).

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                        iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                        gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                        Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                        Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                        TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                        DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

As much as I may disagree with some of Vermont's policies, at least they understand how a republic is properly run: https://www.infowars.com/vermont-bec...e-legislature/

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                            As much as I may disagree with some of Vermont's policies, at least they understand how a republic is properly run: https://www.infowars.com/vermont-bec...e-legislature/
                            Irrelevant. It's illegal Federally. Didn't you just say the Law is the Law? Lock 'em up.
                            **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                            Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                              Irrelevant. It's illegal Federally. Didn't you just say the Law is the Law? Lock 'em up.
                              And Congreff needs to remove the prohibition and let each of the several states regulate.
                              CCT '77 & '78
                              4 kids
                              5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                              1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                              - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                                And Congreff needs to remove the prohibition and let each of the several states regulate.
                                Yeah, that'll happen.

This is exactly like DACA. Except for some reason we (Trump administration) rescind DACA cause were afraid of the Courts. But, we haven't started locking up everyone in every State that is illegally selling, buying, and using Marijuana. Time to get it done.
                                **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                                Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Working...
                                X