Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The States: Doing Their Own Thing...

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
    That crap doesnt matter any more. Trump proved that...think of the secrets the people he destroyed in the Primaries knew. The money doesnt follow the polls, it follows the psychos who try and think stuff. That is why Corker wanted out anyways...
    Yup. I'm sure Itch and crew are pining for Corker to reconsider but the ship has sailed on those guys. Blackburn is the real deal. A certified loon of the highest order and the perfect embodiment of Republicans in the Trump era. Corker is a dinosaur in the party.

Regarding the Dems, Bredesen is by far the best and only viable option the party has in Tennessee, so its good he's running. No, he's not favored but if there's a rift between loons and corporate whores in the TN state GOP then maybe enough of the non-loons either sit out the race or a few vote Dem again.

At least 3 Dem Senators (Donnelly, McCaskill, Jones) owe their seats to this happening previously in decidedly GOP states.
    Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
      Yup. I'm sure Itch and crew are pining for Corker to reconsider but the ship has sailed on those guys. Blackburn is the real deal. A certified loon of the highest order and the perfect embodiment of Republicans in the Trump era. Corker is a dinosaur in the party.

Regarding the Dems, Bredesen is by far the best and only viable option the party has in Tennessee, so its good he's running. No, he's not favored but if there's a rift between loons and corporate whores in the TN state GOP then maybe enough of the non-loons either sit out the race or a few vote Dem again.

At least 3 Dem Senators (Donnelly, McCaskill, Jones) owe their seats to this happening previously in decidedly GOP states.
      Though that was what was supposed to happen in 2016, too. Dump was supposed to be Christine O'Donnell with bigger t-ts.

Still, our best allies are the Tea Baggers and their white nationalist nutbar friends. The middle class takes a look and thinks "I don't want those f-ckstains in charge of my retirement."
      Last edited by Kepler; 02-15-2018, 10:41 AM.
      Cornell University
      National Champion 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
        in a state (TN) that is, shall we say, roughly the intellectual equivalent of Kentucky.
        Who just got offended
        a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
          Who just got offended
          Boston, because they weren't mentioned.
          Cornell University
          National Champion 1967, 1970
          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• That Muslim running for governor here in MI? Trunpettes already circulating the "Sharia law in Dearborn" myth.
            Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
            "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
            Patreon for exclusive writing content
            Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Originally posted by ShirtlessBob View Post
              That Muslim running for governor here in MI? Trunpettes already circulating the "Sharia law in Dearborn" myth.
              They have nothing to fear. Dr. El-Sayed will never get elected outside of Dearborn, and Gretchen Whitmer just fired her second campaign manager after she was told about his inappropriate behavior with co-workers over the years. She's done before she's even won the nom, and the MI Dems will limp away after giving us another boring 3rd Way candidate.

Say hello to Gov. Bill Schuette, the guy who sure spends an awful lot of time dogwhistling that he's a Trumpster, without ever actually coming out and admitting it.

Comment

I have no clue about the nuances of a Whitmer vs Schuette race in Michigan, but I'm a little skeptical that canning a campaign manager 9 months before a general election will have much of an effect on anything unless she actively covered up the dude's inappropriate behavior.
                Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
                  I have no clue about the nuances of a Whitmer vs Schuette race in Michigan, but I'm a little skeptical that canning a campaign manager 9 months before a general election will have much of an effect on anything unless she actively covered up the dude's inappropriate behavior.
                  Perhaps, but it's still not good optics to have already cycled through two of them, and be on your third. Sounds like this is stuff that happened years ago and is just now surfacing, so it's quite doubtful she was part of any cover-up.

Comment

Originally posted by ShirtlessBob View Post
                    That Muslim running for governor here in MI? Trunpettes already circulating the "Sharia law in Dearborn" myth.
                    You sure you're not reading an article from 2013? That rumor's been going around for a while.

Comment

• In Arizona, an all male committee hears testimony on tampons in prison.

http://kjzz.org/content/602963/%E2%8...ntent=20180209
                      Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                      "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                      Patreon for exclusive writing content
                      Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                        They have nothing to fear. Dr. El-Sayed will never get elected outside of Dearborn, and Gretchen Whitmer just fired her second campaign manager after she was told about his inappropriate behavior with co-workers over the years. She's done before she's even won the nom, and the MI Dems will limp away after giving us another boring 3rd Way candidate.

Say hello to Gov. Bill Schuette, the guy who sure spends an awful lot of time dogwhistling that he's a Trumpster, without ever actually coming out and admitting it.
                        So he's a Republican from pre-2015.
                        "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

• Originally posted by ShirtlessBob View Post
                          In Arizona, an all male committee hears testimony on tampons in prison.

http://kjzz.org/content/602963/%E2%8...ntent=20180209
                          Men hear more about this than anyone.... “can’t, I’m on my period”.

Friggin’ experts
                          a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                            Men hear more about this than anyone.... “can’t, I’m on my period”.

Friggin’ experts
                            Best part of the article.

“Something crazy happens when you start treating people like people: They start acting like it.”
                            — Former Arizona Department of Corrections inmate
                            **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                            Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Courts >>> Legislature

https://m.washingtontimes.com/news/2...-congressiona/
                              CCT '77 & '78
                              4 kids
                              5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                              1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                              - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Given that the common play of every legislature when their maps get smacked down is to ho-hum and run the clock down to the next election with the old illegal maps over and over again, my sympathy is somewhat lacking.
                                "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Working...
                                X