Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The States: Doing Their Own Thing...

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
    No it isnt. They would never learn if they ran the way Scooby wants them too. Every time the DFL runs on "our way is better" they lose. You need to show people WHY the way is better and you know what the best example of that is...WISCONSIN. Wisconsin shifted Right and their state has crapped the bed ever since. Remind the people of that and let them decide who they would rather be.
    There's a large enough contingent of the state that probably wants that though. Yes they're badly outnumbered but you're not gonna energize the progressive base with fear, especially if this guy isn't all that progressive on the actual issues. Being for single payer, legal weed, college affordability, rent affordability, increasing the minimum wage, and other pro-labor issues would ensure that they turn out in droves.

And FWIW fear wins...fighting fear with truth might work in the movies and in classroom but every time it is tried in politics truth loses. 5 minutes of research will tell anyone that. Fear doesnt need to be backed up with fact either because fear is irrational and so are people. That is the mistake the Democrats make. They assume people are rational and fundamentally want the truth but in reality people are highly irrational and want what makes them feel best. The more you play to the ideal human (the Curse of the Democrat) the more you lose.
    Sure if you're only offering 3rd way incrementalist bull **** that nobody buys

Comment

No it isnt. They would never learn if they ran the way Scooby wants them too. Every time the DFL runs on "our way is better" they lose. You need to show people WHY the way is better and you know what the best example of that is...WISCONSIN. Wisconsin shifted Right and their state has crapped the bed ever since. Remind the people of that and let them decide who they would rather be.
      Is there enough MN/WI animosity that you could just run an ad saying "don't let MN become WI"?
      Cornell University
      National Champion 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

And FWIW fear wins...fighting fear with truth might work in the movies and in classroom but every time it is tried in politics truth loses. 5 minutes of research will tell anyone that. Fear doesnt need to be backed up with fact either because fear is irrational and so are people. That is the mistake the Democrats make. They assume people are rational and fundamentally want the truth but in reality people are highly irrational and want what makes them feel best. The more you play to the ideal human (the Curse of the Democrat) the more you lose.
        That's fine. Until you waste time, money, and effort on the 33%. As soon as you do that you're done. And that's what's going to happen. As for me finding something wrong with Coleman. I doubt it. I didn't find anything wrong with Dayton.
        **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
        Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
          Leave my mother out of it. She's lived in an Alzheimer's unit for nearly a decade now (no short term memory; nada; like 45 seconds ago never happened).

However, the CNAs where she lives have her check their papers (for LPN/RN school) for spelling, grammar, and punctuation! Seriously. She still has that. Oh the human mind.

Keep "dis-ing" my mom and I'll have her start correcting your posts ... and the short-comings of your west coast offense.
          You sound like you work for the Strib

(sorry about your mom I meant no offense)
          "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
          -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
          -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
            There's a large enough contingent of the state that probably wants that though. Yes they're badly outnumbered but you're not gonna energize the progressive base with fear, especially if this guy isn't all that progressive on the actual issues. Being for single payer, legal weed, college affordability, rent affordability, increasing the minimum wage, and other pro-labor issues would ensure that they turn out in droves.

Sure if you're only offering 3rd way incrementalist bull **** that nobody buys
            You really never have studied history have you? The truth doesnt matter it never has. Doing what is "right" matters almost as little.
            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
              That's fine. Until you waste time, money, and effort on the 33%. As soon as you do that you're done. And that's what's going to happen. As for me finding something wrong with Coleman. I doubt it. I didn't find anything wrong with Dayton.
              You are just guessing they will waste time on that you have literally zero evidence to back up that claim. You are Chicken Little-ing like you always do.
              -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                Is there enough MN/WI animosity that you could just run an ad saying "don't let MN become WI"?
                Not likely...too many Wisconsin transplants. We could play up how they have to come here to find work though because unless you scrape up roadkill or run a bar there aint much of a future in that wasteland
                -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

You are just guessing they will waste time on that you have literally zero evidence to back up that claim. You are Chicken Little-ing like you always do.
                  He's rural. That's all the information I need.
                  **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

I know what didn't work for Kerry, Gore, and HRC. Does that count as history? How far back do we need to go and how relevant is (the baby boomer generation's moronic politics) that to the current political landscape?

Comment

I know what didn't work for Kerry, Gore, and HRC. Does that count as history? How far back do we need to go and how relevant is (the baby boomer generation's moronic politics) that to the current political landscape?
                      Exactly.

Comment

He's rural. That's all the information I need.
                        What does that even mean?

You understand that he was the Rep for Rochester and Mankato right? (and lives in Mankato)

Good God man that was Trump level ridiculous.
                        -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

What does that even mean?

You understand that he was the Rep for Rochester and Mankato right? (and lives in Mankato)

Good God man that was Trump level ridiculous.
                          Not good enough.

Comment

You know that the DFL is a Minnesota only party right? You know we are talking about a STATE election not a general right? You know the difference right?

Jesus christ you sound like Scooby when he touted that Walker would win the PResidency because he won a state election in Wisconsin...

Minnesota /= the United States Electorate. Maybe you should read all the posts on a subject before you comment on it.

Would you like a list of examples of times where fear trumped truth?

BTW fear was not why those people lost...your lack of knowledge of politics is staggering.
                            -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Not good enough.
                              So now only people from The Cities are good enough for you? Have you had a stroke recently?

Jesus I dont even like Walz but you are off your rocker.
                              -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

So now only people from The Cities are good enough for you? Have you had a stroke recently?

Jesus I dont even like Walz but you are off your rocker.
                                No, not true. I've read his stuff. I've seen his votes in Congress. He's a middle of the road Democrat who has too much sympathy for the stupidity of the 33%. And, frankly I've had enough of that ****. Sorry. I'm at my breaking point over the placation of morons.

Comment

Working...
                                X