Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The States: Doing Their Own Thing...

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
    I'm not getting there. Piña Colada Man?
    Poster here back in the day. Good guy; long-time friend of mine. His handle was "PCM".
    The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
      I'm not getting there. Piña Colada Man?
      Patrick C Miller
      That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
        Long ago PCM (you remember PCM, yes?) told me, "Don't believe your own press." Same concept.
        Sic, was it you or Patrick who posted "The List" each week?

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
          Ever since I started here it was The Sica, but I was told that he assumed the duties from another poster.
          "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
            Guilty.

I originated it and turned it over to someone, but I don't remember the name.
            The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Wasn’t it ajoyce?
              Code:
              As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
              College Hockey 6       College Football 0
              BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
              Originally posted by SanTropez
              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
              Originally posted by bigblue_dl
              I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
              Originally posted by Kepler
              When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                Wasn’t it ajoyce?
                Familiar ... can not confirm ... but that does sound right ...
                Last edited by The Sicatoka; 04-20-2018, 05:06 PM.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
                  Guilty.

I originated it and turned it over to someone, but I don't remember the name.
                  It was a good thread--a ritual around here.

Comment

I don’t know about that. Like five posts a week was a good week for years. Even during the heyday.
                    Code:
                    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                    Originally posted by SanTropez
                    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                    Originally posted by Kepler
                    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                      I don’t know about that. Like five posts a week was a good week for years. Even during the heyday.
                      No, you weren't here in the thread's heyday. It would grow for a number of pages each week.
                      "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

• Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                        No, you weren't here in the thread's heyday. It would grow for a number of pages each week.
                        Yeah The List was the thread that brought me to the cafe.

On second thought
                        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Special election today in AZ. Multi term incumbent R Lesko vs. surgeon D Tipirneni. Lesko has all the advantages...this will severely test the status of the blue wave.
                          Go Gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post
                            Special election today in AZ. Multi term incumbent R Lesko vs. surgeon D Tipirneni. Lesko has all the advantages...this will severely test the status of the blue wave.
                            It's a wave, not a tsunami.

But a one can hope.

Comment

I'm not as sold on every special election being a litmus test as some are. At least some of these districts have to have been gerrymandered by the right, and won't flip (see: Ossoff in GA).

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                                I'm not as sold on every special election being a litmus test as some are. At least some of these districts have to have been gerrymandered by the right, and won't flip (see: Ossoff in GA).
                                I'd say there's a definitive pattern here. Forget about 2016 - Dem candidates in races across the country are outperforming Obama in 2012. Now that doesn't mean +20 GOP seats are all going to flip (although the PA one did) but any Gooper sitting in a +10 GOP seat should have a big target on his/her back including people once thought to be safe...
                                Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Working...
                                X