Page 20 of 27 FirstFirst ... 101112131415161718192021222324252627 LastLast
Results 381 to 400 of 521

Thread: The States: Doing Their Own Thing...

  1. #381
    The Dark One
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    killin your brain like a poisonous mushroom
    Posts
    14,558

    Re: The States: Doing Their Own Thing...

    Quote Originally Posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
    "Walz or Wisconsin"? That's the DFL running on fear. Why is he running on fear? Why isn't he running on what the DFL actually offers which is BETTER than what the Republicans offer? I don't get it.
    Umm...because people are afraid?

    I don't mind it either. Its about time people confront the consequences of not voting or voting for the 3rd party candidate because "whoa, he wants to legalize WEED man, awesome". Its spot on correct. GOP control of the state = Wisconsin like policies that we've seen under Scott Walker. Stark, unpleasant, but completely truthful. Let people deal with reality when they decide on their vote.
    Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

    Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

    "I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

  2. #382

    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Living from my car
    Posts
    21,066
    Quote Originally Posted by joecct View Post
    Blank - lesser of 2 evils was tD, but the bar would have been in the sub sub sub sub basement.
    This I disagree with. You dance with the devil you know. Always. tD was a wildcard that whispered sweet nothing and delivered less throughout his whole career.

    Repubs we're still going to grind the house and senate to a halt with their majorities in 2016, so why vote for tD, the "outsider trying to disrupt politics," knowing he's just another Wall Street douchŽ?

  3. #383
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Crystal, MN
    Posts
    35,072

    Re: The States: Doing Their Own Thing...

    Quote Originally Posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
    LOL. You disagree? That's EXACTLY what will happen.
    Sure it is...Walz has no need to court the Republicans and I doubt he wastes any time doing so. This is just your bit...if Coleman was the nominee you would find something negative to rip him for.

    Walz wasnt elected to the House by courting the GOP and he doesnt need GOP voters to win the Governors race. He needs to keep the Left active. Seeing as he got them to vote in a Straw Poll most people dont even care about I would guess he realizes that. (and it is why Coleman stepped down even though he could just go to the Primary if he wanted to since the Straw Poll has no weight on the nomination)

    It is going to be all about message. He needs to keep the Dayton voters if he does that he will be fine. He is the last leg of the relay race and his team is has the lead. Just dont screw it up and you have no worries.
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

    "Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

    Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

  4. #384
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Crystal, MN
    Posts
    35,072

    Re: The States: Doing Their Own Thing...

    Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    Umm...because people are afraid?

    I don't mind it either. Its about time people confront the consequences of not voting or voting for the 3rd party candidate because "whoa, he wants to legalize WEED man, awesome". Its spot on correct. GOP control of the state = Wisconsin like policies that we've seen under Scott Walker. Stark, unpleasant, but completely truthful. Let people deal with reality when they decide on their vote.
    Exactly. This is the most non-DFL type move I have seen since I started paying attention to politics. Minnesotans are educated, they can put 2 and 2 together so make sure they see the math in front of them. Hell it will all but kill TPaw because the economy under him tanked so hard even Walker is envious. Walz's job is to make sure people see the choices...we can either continue to be a state that thrives and where standard of living is high (Walz) or we can make the same dumb mistake the Chesenuts made and choose to become Kansas Part Deux. (Wisconsin)

    We can choose our destiny. This isnt a general election where 78k in 3 states screwed us all...if Walz or whoever loses we have no one to blame but ourselves.
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

    "Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

    Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

  5. #385
    Kichizapi Chetan
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Location
    Engelstad Arena
    Posts
    12,829

    Re: The States: Doing Their Own Thing...

    Quote Originally Posted by Handyman View Post
    Well no offense Scooby but your track record is worse than Les Steckel
    So sayeth Jerry Burns.
    The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved.

    North Dakota Hockey:

  6. #386
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Crystal, MN
    Posts
    35,072

    Re: The States: Doing Their Own Thing...

    Quote Originally Posted by aparch View Post
    This I disagree with. You dance with the devil you know. Always. tD was a wildcard that whispered sweet nothing and delivered less throughout his whole career.

    Repubs we're still going to grind the house and senate to a halt with their majorities in 2016, so why vote for tD, the "outsider trying to disrupt politics," knowing he's just another Wall Street douchŽ?
    3 words...Supreme, Court Justice.
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

    "Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

    Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

  7. #387
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    2,094

    Re: The States: Doing Their Own Thing...

    Quote Originally Posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
    "Walz or Wisconsin"? That's the DFL running on fear. Why is he running on fear? Why isn't he running on what the DFL actually offers which is BETTER than what the Republicans offer? I don't get it.
    Your fear about the dems never learning is spot on.

    Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    Umm...because people are afraid?

    I don't mind it either. Its about time people confront the consequences of not voting or voting for the 3rd party candidate because "whoa, he wants to legalize WEED man, awesome". Its spot on correct. GOP control of the state = Wisconsin like policies that we've seen under Scott Walker. Stark, unpleasant, but completely truthful. Let people deal with reality when they decide on their vote.
    Yeah because that worked so well as a strategy for your favorite candidate . "He's racist you guys, look at the other guy he's bad!"

    Yeah no ****... now please tell us why we should vote for you and how you plan to fix the problems that people face in their every day life. I honestly wonder if you're one of HRC's overpaid consultants or a member of 3rd Way.

    The irony too is you could easily get a bunch of independent/left/centrist/possibly even moderate republicans with legal weed because even on the right it's an incredibly popular idea right now. But no don't do that, we might actually win

    Quote Originally Posted by Handy
    He needs to keep the Left active.
    How exactly is he planning to do that? That's the part that worries me and looking at his list of issues and the fact that he's totally non-committal on issues like single payer that doesn't give me a ton of optimism.
    Last edited by trixR4kids; 02-13-2018 at 12:40 PM.

  8. #388
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Crystal, MN
    Posts
    35,072

    Re: The States: Doing Their Own Thing...

    Quote Originally Posted by The Sicatoka View Post
    So sayeth Jerry Burns.
    I do have an issue swearing

    And hey Jerry Burns did help invent the West Coast Offense and is seen as a genius as a coordinator so...thank you (plus he was 9 games above .500 as a head coach so that aint bad)

    But wait...he coached Iowa so BITE ME!! (though he coached them badly...so thank you!)

    This is all getting confusing...@#$% you and @#*$ your mother and $%^ d!@@^ it I just want you to $#%& the *&^* up!!!
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

    "Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

    Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

  9. #389
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Crystal, MN
    Posts
    35,072

    Re: The States: Doing Their Own Thing...

    Quote Originally Posted by trixR4kids View Post
    Your fear about the dems never learning is spot on.
    No it isnt. They would never learn if they ran the way Scooby wants them too. Every time the DFL runs on "our way is better" they lose. You need to show people WHY the way is better and you know what the best example of that is...WISCONSIN. Wisconsin shifted Right and their state has crapped the bed ever since. Remind the people of that and let them decide who they would rather be.

    And FWIW fear wins...fighting fear with truth might work in the movies and in classroom but every time it is tried in politics truth loses. 5 minutes of research will tell anyone that. Fear doesnt need to be backed up with fact either because fear is irrational and so are people. That is the mistake the Democrats make. They assume people are rational and fundamentally want the truth but in reality people are highly irrational and want what makes them feel best. The more you play to the ideal human (the Curse of the Democrat) the more you lose.
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

    "Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

    Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

  10. #390
    Kichizapi Chetan
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Location
    Engelstad Arena
    Posts
    12,829

    Re: The States: Doing Their Own Thing...

    Quote Originally Posted by Handyman View Post
    This is all getting confusing...@#$% you and @#*$ your mother and $%^ d!@@^ it I just want you to $#%& the *&^* up!!!
    Leave my mother out of it. She's lived in an Alzheimer's unit for nearly a decade now (no short term memory; nada; like 45 seconds ago never happened).

    However, the CNAs where she lives have her check their papers (for LPN/RN school) for spelling, grammar, and punctuation! Seriously. She still has that. Oh the human mind.

    Keep "dis-ing" my mom and I'll have her start correcting your posts ... and the short-comings of your west coast offense.
    The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved.

    North Dakota Hockey:

  11. #391
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    2,094

    Re: The States: Doing Their Own Thing...

    Quote Originally Posted by Handyman View Post
    No it isnt. They would never learn if they ran the way Scooby wants them too. Every time the DFL runs on "our way is better" they lose. You need to show people WHY the way is better and you know what the best example of that is...WISCONSIN. Wisconsin shifted Right and their state has crapped the bed ever since. Remind the people of that and let them decide who they would rather be.
    There's a large enough contingent of the state that probably wants that though. Yes they're badly outnumbered but you're not gonna energize the progressive base with fear, especially if this guy isn't all that progressive on the actual issues. Being for single payer, legal weed, college affordability, rent affordability, increasing the minimum wage, and other pro-labor issues would ensure that they turn out in droves.


    And FWIW fear wins...fighting fear with truth might work in the movies and in classroom but every time it is tried in politics truth loses. 5 minutes of research will tell anyone that. Fear doesnt need to be backed up with fact either because fear is irrational and so are people. That is the mistake the Democrats make. They assume people are rational and fundamentally want the truth but in reality people are highly irrational and want what makes them feel best. The more you play to the ideal human (the Curse of the Democrat) the more you lose.
    Sure if you're only offering 3rd way incrementalist bull **** that nobody buys

  12. #392

    Join Date
    Nov 1999
    Location
    Secret Lair
    Posts
    57,001

    Re: The States: Doing Their Own Thing...

    Quote Originally Posted by Handyman View Post
    No it isnt. They would never learn if they ran the way Scooby wants them too. Every time the DFL runs on "our way is better" they lose. You need to show people WHY the way is better and you know what the best example of that is...WISCONSIN. Wisconsin shifted Right and their state has crapped the bed ever since. Remind the people of that and let them decide who they would rather be.
    Is there enough MN/WI animosity that you could just run an ad saying "don't let MN become WI"?
    2016 USCHO POSER OF THE YEAR

    "The strength and power of despotism consists wholly in the fear of resistance." -- Thomas Paine

    Cornell University
    NCAA Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018

  13. #393
    I'm the Problem ScoobyDoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    The 9th Circle
    Posts
    65,616

    Re: The States: Doing Their Own Thing...

    Quote Originally Posted by Handyman View Post
    No it isnt. They would never learn if they ran the way Scooby wants them too. Every time the DFL runs on "our way is better" they lose. You need to show people WHY the way is better and you know what the best example of that is...WISCONSIN. Wisconsin shifted Right and their state has crapped the bed ever since. Remind the people of that and let them decide who they would rather be.

    And FWIW fear wins...fighting fear with truth might work in the movies and in classroom but every time it is tried in politics truth loses. 5 minutes of research will tell anyone that. Fear doesnt need to be backed up with fact either because fear is irrational and so are people. That is the mistake the Democrats make. They assume people are rational and fundamentally want the truth but in reality people are highly irrational and want what makes them feel best. The more you play to the ideal human (the Curse of the Democrat) the more you lose.
    That's fine. Until you waste time, money, and effort on the 33%. As soon as you do that you're done. And that's what's going to happen. As for me finding something wrong with Coleman. I doubt it. I didn't find anything wrong with Dayton.
    Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

    Glass at 0%: Another First Round Exit.

  14. #394
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Crystal, MN
    Posts
    35,072

    Re: The States: Doing Their Own Thing...

    Quote Originally Posted by The Sicatoka View Post
    Leave my mother out of it. She's lived in an Alzheimer's unit for nearly a decade now (no short term memory; nada; like 45 seconds ago never happened).

    However, the CNAs where she lives have her check their papers (for LPN/RN school) for spelling, grammar, and punctuation! Seriously. She still has that. Oh the human mind.

    Keep "dis-ing" my mom and I'll have her start correcting your posts ... and the short-comings of your west coast offense.
    You sound like you work for the Strib

    (sorry about your mom I meant no offense)
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

    "Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

    Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

  15. #395
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Crystal, MN
    Posts
    35,072

    Re: The States: Doing Their Own Thing...

    Quote Originally Posted by trixR4kids View Post
    There's a large enough contingent of the state that probably wants that though. Yes they're badly outnumbered but you're not gonna energize the progressive base with fear, especially if this guy isn't all that progressive on the actual issues. Being for single payer, legal weed, college affordability, rent affordability, increasing the minimum wage, and other pro-labor issues would ensure that they turn out in droves.


    Sure if you're only offering 3rd way incrementalist bull **** that nobody buys
    You really never have studied history have you? The truth doesnt matter it never has. Doing what is "right" matters almost as little.
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

    "Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

    Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

  16. #396
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Crystal, MN
    Posts
    35,072

    Re: The States: Doing Their Own Thing...

    Quote Originally Posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
    That's fine. Until you waste time, money, and effort on the 33%. As soon as you do that you're done. And that's what's going to happen. As for me finding something wrong with Coleman. I doubt it. I didn't find anything wrong with Dayton.
    You are just guessing they will waste time on that you have literally zero evidence to back up that claim. You are Chicken Little-ing like you always do.
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

    "Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

    Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

  17. #397
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Crystal, MN
    Posts
    35,072

    Re: The States: Doing Their Own Thing...

    Quote Originally Posted by Kepler View Post
    Is there enough MN/WI animosity that you could just run an ad saying "don't let MN become WI"?
    Not likely...too many Wisconsin transplants. We could play up how they have to come here to find work though because unless you scrape up roadkill or run a bar there aint much of a future in that wasteland
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

    "Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

    Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

  18. #398
    I'm the Problem ScoobyDoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    The 9th Circle
    Posts
    65,616

    Re: The States: Doing Their Own Thing...

    Quote Originally Posted by Handyman View Post
    You are just guessing they will waste time on that you have literally zero evidence to back up that claim. You are Chicken Little-ing like you always do.
    He's rural. That's all the information I need.
    Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

    Glass at 0%: Another First Round Exit.

  19. #399
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    2,094

    Re: The States: Doing Their Own Thing...

    I know what didn't work for Kerry, Gore, and HRC. Does that count as history? How far back do we need to go and how relevant is (the baby boomer generation's moronic politics) that to the current political landscape?

  20. #400
    I'm the Problem ScoobyDoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    The 9th Circle
    Posts
    65,616

    Re: The States: Doing Their Own Thing...

    Quote Originally Posted by trixR4kids View Post
    I know what didn't work for Kerry, Gore, and HRC. Does that count as history? How far back do we need to go and how relevant is (the baby boomer generation's moronic politics) that to the current political landscape?
    Exactly.
    Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

    Glass at 0%: Another First Round Exit.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •