Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The States: Doing Their Own Thing...

I like how his argument against cities is nuclear war caused by the idiot he voted for or some zombie apocalypse that's never going to happen. And also naming cities as an counter argument to living in cities.

Comment

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
      Cities, sure. Major urban areas? No.

And yeah, I think about security of America's electric grid, be it cyber or EMP or otherwise. Why? It's a soft target and has the most reach (most ouch for the poke) in the US right now. And because I'm tasked with and paid to worry about it. I'll say "Hi" to Mac McLennan and Paul Sukut for you next time I see them.
      So NK cant shoot off a missile correctly but they are going to shut down our electrical grid with a highly advanced EMP weapon? Sure thing Sparky. You remind me of a truck driver I know who believes the government is breeding and training Sasquatches to be the next super army. (not kidding) He always talks about an EMP attack is imminent.

Trust me, no one around here feels safer knowing you are on the case.
      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
        I like how his argument against cities is nuclear war caused by the idiot he voted for or some zombie apocalypse that's never going to happen. And also naming cities as an counter argument to living in cities.
        Hey cities suck, unless they are the cities are ones he likes!
        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Speaking of States read the Star Tribune today. New polls indicate that we are just about 50/50 in the recent poll despite Trump. We're getting closer and closer to Wisconsin and Iowa every day.

http://www.startribune.com/mixed-vie...ost/469834973/
          http://www.startribune.com/poll-show...ers/469811903/

A new Star Tribune Minnesota Poll found that 47 percent are now inclined to vote for a Democrat, while 45 percent said they'll probably vote for a Republican — a statistical tie given the poll's 3.5 percentage point margin of error.
          **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
          Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
            So NK cant shoot off a missile correctly but they are going to shut down our electrical grid with a highly advanced EMP weapon? Sure thing Sparky. You remind me of a truck driver I know who believes the government is breeding and training Sasquatches to be the next super army. (not kidding) He always talks about an EMP attack is imminent.

Trust me, no one around here feels safer knowing you are on the case.
            Doesn't necessarily have to be North Korea, or a missile. Remember the Northeastern Blackout of 2003? The point is that the country is INCREDIBLY vulnerable.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
              Speaking of States read the Star Tribune today. New polls indicate that we are just about 50/50 in the recent poll despite Trump. We're getting closer and closer to Wisconsin and Iowa every day.

http://www.startribune.com/mixed-vie...ost/469834973/
              http://www.startribune.com/poll-show...ers/469811903/
              IIRC, wasn't the vote in Minnesota pretty close in 2016? And they said Texas was becoming purple... no, I think it's Minnesota that's becoming purple...

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                IIRC, wasn't the vote in Minnesota pretty close in 2016? And they said Texas was becoming purple... no, I think it's Minnesota that's becoming purple...
                This I agree with.
                **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                  It was because Dems didn't go to the polls. Chump got almost the exact votes as Mittens (within 2K IIRC). Yet he lost by 1% when Mittens lost by almost double digits.

If Dems continue to sit out elections then yes Minny and a lot of other places would go purple/red. Thus far is seems the left has temporarily learned that lesson. Lets see if it continues.
                  Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Selling your soul to Amazon

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.c5006ebdfdd7
                    CCT '77 & '78
                    4 kids
                    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                      Yeah, Minnesota is out of the running. Not sure if I wanted it or not. I think everything is just too big nowadays.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                        I agree with Dr. Mrs.' theory: 17 stalking horses and 3 finalists. Amazon will pick a DC area HQ to get on the federal gravy train, particularly with classified intel services. The other sites are only there to wring concessions from the DC sites.
                        Cornell University
                        National Champion 1967, 1970
                        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
                          It was because Dems didn't go to the polls. Chump got almost the exact votes as Mittens (within 2K IIRC). Yet he lost by 1% when Mittens lost by almost double digits.

If Dems continue to sit out elections then yes Minny and a lot of other places would go purple/red. Thus far is seems the left has temporarily learned that lesson. Lets see if it continues.
                          Don't nominate a consummate insider in an outsider cycle. Don't market poison ivy for the position of skin cream.
                          Cornell University
                          National Champion 1967, 1970
                          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                            I agree with Dr. Mrs.' theory: 17 stalking horses and 3 finalists. Amazon will pick a DC area HQ to get on the federal gravy train, particularly with classified intel services. The other sites are only there to wring concessions from the DC sites.
                            Im not sure. Some of the locations already house other Amazon functions. So they may want to just expand in one of those locations.

Locally there is already a software development center and a fulfillment center. Im sure others on the list have similar situations.
                            Last edited by JF_Gophers; 01-18-2018, 02:18 PM.
                            PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
                            Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
                            NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                              Don't nominate a consummate insider in an outsider cycle. Don't market poison ivy for the position of skin cream.
                              Keep up that attitude = keep losing to Republicans. You either vote based on who's closest to you on the issues, or you allow the Trump/Ryan/McConnell's of the world to undo everything you stand for.
                              Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
                                Keep up that attitude = keep losing to Republicans. You either vote based on who's closest to you on the issues, or you allow the Trump/Ryan/McConnell's of the world to undo everything you stand for.
                                I'm convinced it's hopeless. Democrats have to fall in love. Republicans don't. That's at least a 10 point swing right there very cycle.

Comment

Working...
                                X