Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Science: Everything explained by PV=nRT, F=ma=Gm(1)•m(2)/r^2

Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post
    Heaven knows, the critics can't be wrong.

Seeking Alpha from six months ago:

Is there demand for 500,000 Model 3s per year? No, probably more like 1.1 million. And that's conservative.
    The Model Y should bump up Tesla’s total demand to 2.3 million cars per year.
    Rapidly scaling manufacturing will make Tesla essentially unstoppable. The big question: can Tesla do it?

Mobile Phone Industry analyst: The forthcoming realease of the Apple iPhone is going to be a bigger marketing flop than Ishtar and Waterworld combined. And its not for the reasons of price or limited cell carrier options, or lack of corporate IT support as is claimed. Instead, the iPhone is going to fail because it is fundamentally flawed.

The Street: Beyond all the hype, let's get one thing clear. The iPhone isn't the future. It isn't a revolutionary mobile device ushering in a new era.

AdAge: Prediction No. 1 - The iPhone will be a major disappointment. Prediction No. 2: The media will blame the execution and not the concept.

Steve Ballmer: No chance of any significant market share. No chance.

Bloomberg: Big competitors in the mobile phone space won't be whispering nervously into their clamshells nervously into their clamshells over this new threat.

And so on and so on...

http://bgr.com/2016/07/01/iphone-rev...allmer-dvorak/

So...do you own an iPhone or an iPhone clone?
    Still doesn't change the fact that they don't know how to make a decent car.

And I own a phone made the company Apple has been imitating/copyint for the last 5 years or so.
    Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post
      I am probably best described as a business 'scientist' myself.
      HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. And the guy who picks up your trash is a "sanitation engineer."
      If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
        You're confusing Charisma with Intelligence. Two completely different attributes.
        he's got ka-RAZZZZZ-ma

(can't help it, every time mookie reads the word since mid 80s )
        a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by LynahFan View Post
          HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. And the guy who picks up your trash is a "sanitation engineer."
          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xlf2G0O_VY0
          Cornell University
          National Champion 1967, 1970
          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Hey, he took high school physics and can confirm that there are, in fact, three laws of motion created in Newton, MA. Just don't ask him what they are or how impulse relates to force.
            "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
              Hey, he took high school physics and can confirm that there are, in fact, three laws of motion created in Newton, MA. Just don't ask him what they are or how impulse relates to force.
              Force = mass x amortization.

He knows this because he's a Business Scientist.
              Cornell University
              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

A tool will be dropped in a manner to cause the most damage.

If you hit something hard enough, it will fall over.
                CCT '77 & '78
                4 kids
                5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Don't forget Maxwell's Equations:

If it doesn't work, turn it on.

If it still doesn't work, plug it in.
                  Cornell University

Comment

Sears Laws of auto repair.

If it doesn't fit, get a hammer.
                    If it still doesn't fit, get a bigger hammer.
                    CCT '77 & '78
                    4 kids
                    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Sanitation expert and a maintenance engineer
                      Garbage man, a janitor and you my dear
                      A real union flight attendant, my oh my
                      You ain't nothin' but a waitress in the sky

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                        Sears Laws of auto repair.

If it doesn't fit, get a hammer.
                        If it still doesn't fit, get a bigger hammer.
                        Thats every technicians law. If you can't fix it with a hammer it can't be fixed.
                        I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

• Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                          Sanitation expert and a maintenance engineer
                          Garbage man, a janitor and you my dear
                          A real union flight attendant, my oh my
                          You ain't nothin' but a waitress in the sky
                          And the sign says thank you verymuch for not smoking
                          My own sign says well sorry I’m smoking
                          Don’t treat me special or don’t kiss my a$s
                          Treat me like the way you treat em up in first class
                          a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                            And the sign says thank you verymuch for not smoking
                            My own sign says well sorry I’m smoking
                            Don’t treat me special or don’t kiss my a$s
                            Treat me like the way you treat em up in first class
                            Oh, please continue, you rebel you LOL...

Cornell University

Comment

Among all the boring tech, some actual science.

As Troy and Abed would say, cool. Coo-coo-cool.

The pressure inside the particles that make up every atom in the universe could be greater than the pressure inside the densest stars, according to a new measurement.

Scientists at Jefferson Lab in Virginia calculated the pressure using the lab’s Continuous Electron Beam Accelerator Facility, or CEBAF, and some tricky mathematics. The measurement will mainly be useful for fundamentally understanding these particles’ nature. The calculation is pretty mind-boggling.

“Neutron stars are some of the densest objects we know of in the universe,” Volker Burkert, Jefferson Lab Hall B leader, told Gizmodo. “It’s an order of magnitude bigger than that. It could be the record observation of a pressure on Earth.”

The researchers calculated the pressure faced by the quarks that make up protons at 1035 pascals, equalling 1030 times the pressure at sea level, according to the paper published in Nature.

So, what do you do with knowledge of the proton’s ridiculously high internal pressure? First, it’s interesting to know more about perhaps the most important particle to life, since without protons, there would be no atoms and no humans. And there’s still lots to know about protons: Just last week, another team at the Jefferson Lab measured a fundamental property of the proton, called its weak charge, for the first time.
                              That seems like burying the lede, to me.

This isn’t the first-ever measurement of the proton’s weak charge,
                              Oh.

since scientists working on Qweak performed a limited measurement back in 2013, Greg Smith from Jefferson Lab told Gizmodo. But that was essentially a preliminary run with 4 percent of the data. This new paper is the whole shebang.

So, what use is the weak charge? It’s an important test of fundamental physics.

The current state of particle physics is sort of like a partially explored cave with a shadowy regions. We think we understand the structure of the cave, but there could be entirely new chambers hiding in the shadows. After all, calculations suggest that the Standard Model of only describes 4 percent of all of the universe’s mass and energy, with mysterious dark matter and dark energy taking up the rest. That means the cave system could be far larger than physicists think. These experiments offer fundamental measurements to compare against theoretical predictions. If things are different, that could shine light on a new part of the cave.

This new measurement was basically what predictions said it should be. “It is very consistent with the theory,” said Maxim Perelstein, a Cornell theoretical physicist who was not involved with the study. “The more measurements we have that are precise and agree, the better constraints we can put on theories extending the Standard Model.”

It’s like you’re exploring the cave and you find a wall where you thought there might be a tunnel. For example, “for a very popular type of dark matter model, there is a ‘dark photon’ that can mediate the interaction between the dark matter and Standard Model particles,” Mu-Chun Chen, professor of physics and astronomy at the University of California, Irvine, told Gizmodo. “From Qweak, one can place a limit on the mass of the dark photon.”

These results also offered the physicists another chance to measure the “weak mixing angle.” At high enough energies, the weak force and electromagnetism merge into a combined “electroweak” force. The weak mixing angle is an important number that relates these two forces once they separate, and Qweak offered some of the most precise measurements of this value yet.
                              Last edited by Kepler; 05-18-2018, 09:46 AM.
                              Cornell University

Comment

“Neutron stars are some of the densest objects we know of in the universe,” Volker Burkert, Jefferson Lab Hall B leader, told Gizmodo. “It’s an order of magnitude bigger than that. It could be the record observation of a pressure on Earth.”

The researchers calculated the pressure faced by the quarks that make up protons at 1035 pascals, equalling 1030 times the pressure at sea level, according to the paper published in Nature.

BZZZZT

Something is wrong here. First, they obviously have the prefix wrong on Pascals. 1 atm ~= 101,000 Pa. Even assuming they got that wrong (they did), I thought 1,035 atm sounded absurdly low for record observation. Cripes, that's only about 15,000 psi. Child's play. That's routine.

Edit: OHHHHHHH it was 10^35 Pa. ok, that might do it.
                                Code:
                                As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                                College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                                BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                                Originally posted by SanTropez
                                May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                                Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                                I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                                Originally posted by Kepler
                                When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                                He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Working...
                                X