Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Dead Thread 2017-18: Fare Thee Well!!

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
    I have no idea how PA (the Minnesota version) conducts himself and had never heard the stories until I read them here, so I have no idea if they are true or not. The one thing that puzzles me about them if they are true is this. If they are known enough publicly that people who post on USCHO know about them, then I have to assume the allegations have made their way back to some of PA's bosses/handlers for his radio show, his broadcasting job with the Vikings, and his work out at Canterbury Park. I would think that if most of those places had heard similar stories to what is circulating here that they would have cut ties with PA before it blows up in their face.
    Well, history shows that it takes a whole lot to make people cut ties

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
      I have no idea how PA (the Minnesota version) conducts himself and had never heard the stories until I read them here, so I have no idea if they are true or not. The one thing that puzzles me about them if they are true is this. If they are known enough publicly that people who post on USCHO know about them, then I have to assume the allegations have made their way back to some of PA's bosses/handlers for his radio show, his broadcasting job with the Vikings, and his work out at Canterbury Park. I would think that if most of those places had heard similar stories to what is circulating here that they would have cut ties with PA before it blows up in their face.
      Especially after (proven over and over again) Jeff Dubay (PA's former co-host) drug adventures.

les: FTR, bbdl HATES PA to begin with, so there is a little bias, methinks. I agree he's creepy when he's talking to women on air, sometimes he pushes the boundaries a little too far.

Also, there's a local politician (Ellison) that was sure to have been ousted a couple months ago due to domestic/sexual assault, but as his story is developing, it's looking like there is no story. He wants his divorce record unsealed and an investigation. She doesn't; but still claims to have video proof, which she won't release.
      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
        Also, there's a local politician (Ellison) that was sure to have been ousted a couple months ago due to domestic/sexual assault, but as his story is developing, it's looking like there is no story. He wants his divorce record unsealed and an investigation. She doesn't; but still claims to have video proof, which she won't release.
        You seem to have placed that position and facts of that situation in a blender and get them completely mixed up. Ellison did not want his divorce records unsealed, out of respect of his and his ex-wife's privacy. Regardless, they were unsealed yesterday and he was shown to have been the victim of spousal abuse. Details are in a story on the Strib's site, if you're interested.
        "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
          You seem to have placed that position and facts of that situation in a blender and get them completely mixed up. Ellison did not want his divorce records unsealed, out of respect of his and his ex-wife's privacy. Regardless, they were unsealed yesterday and he was shown to have been the victim of spousal abuse. Details are in a story on the Strib's site, if you're interested.
          And, the person that is accusing him of abuse is not his ex-wife, it is another ex-girlfriend. Someone not involved in the releasing of his divorce records, correct? (I have not really been following it, anything political ****es me off at this point, so I try to avoid it for my own sanity)
          Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
            Especially after (proven over and over again) Jeff Dubay (PA's former co-host) drug adventures.

les: FTR, bbdl HATES PA to begin with, so there is a little bias, methinks. I agree he's creepy when he's talking to women on air, sometimes he pushes the boundaries a little too far.
            I haven't said anything about him being creepy towards women on the air. I am talking about him grabbing male coworkers junk.
            Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

• Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
              I haven't said anything about him being creepy towards women on the air. I am talking about him grabbing male coworkers junk.
              Presidential timber?
              That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                And, the person that is accusing him of abuse is not his ex-wife, it is another ex-girlfriend. Someone not involved in the releasing of his divorce records, correct? (I have not really been following it, anything political ****es me off at this point, so I try to avoid it for my own sanity)
                Correct. There was an "alt right newspaper," as described in the Strib's article, that petitioned the courts to unseal the documents for Ellison's divorce, trying to establish a pattern of behavior of which he's been accused by the ex-girlfriend. The documents instead pointed out that his ex-wife was beating him after she was diagnosed with early stages of MS and dealing with depression after the diagnosis. He says that he didn't want her dirty laundry made public.
                "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Until this last article, it sounded like because of the investigation that he wanted, they were going to unseal the divorce case, and he was fine with that, but ex-wife wasn't. This last article then made it sound like because she didn't want it unsealed, he decided to support her stance on it.
                  Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                  Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Rejoicing on Long Island???

@Newsday: Charles B. Wang, former Islanders owner and CA Technologies founder, dies at age 74, his attorney says https://nwsdy.li/2R2hv1u https://twitter.com/Newsday/status/1...294023/photo/1
                    CCT '77 & '78
                    4 kids
                    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Both Bob Barker and Loretta Lynn hospitalized. Lynn's condition doesn't sound good at all. Barker hospitalized with "extreme back pain". Being 94 and having "extreme" anything is usually not good.
                      FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

I thought I would post this here because it's where the pos coward belongs.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl...z&ocid=U142DHP
                        Believe it. Earn it. Raise it.

Comment

Former Patriots coach Rod Rust.

https://www.patriots.com/news/former...st-passes-away
                          A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

The Channel Inn, where I had my retirement luncheon. It's making way for Phase 2 of The Wharf. https://www.wharfdc.com/wharf/phase-2-construction/

Last edited by Ralph Baer; 10-24-2018, 02:57 PM. Reason: typo
                            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Dorcas Reilly, creator of our favorite holiday side dish.

https://apnews.com/2ee627f3dab64cbaa...source=Twitter
                              Growing old is mandatory -- growing up is optional!

Comment

Originally posted by SteveP View Post
                                Dorcas Reilly, creator of our favorite holiday side dish.

https://apnews.com/2ee627f3dab64cbaa...source=Twitter
                                As long as you aren't using canned green beans (bleh).

Also, my family calls it "ghetto beans".

Comment

Working...
                                X