This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
    27 is for the people who were really good, even groundbreaking, at what they did. Jimi Hendrix , Janice Joplin, Kurt Cobain. This Miller guy isn't even approaching the same league as those others.
    Selena didn't make 27, though that was no fault of her own. She would have been the female Michael Jackson, IMO.
    Uncle Mickey: July 23, 1950-July 22, 2003

WRPI, 91.5 FM...usually color commentary.

Comment

• Re: Dead Thread 2017-18: Fare Thee Well!!

Bill Daily - Major Healy on I Dream Of Jeannie

I also remember him from The Bob Newhart Show.

Comment

Bill Daily.

https://variety.com/2018/tv/news/bil...ie-1202933026/

Missed that earlier post. :/
        A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

Did you guys know Bill Daily died?
          What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

• Originally posted by rufus View Post
            Did you guys know Bill Daily died?
            You fools.

Anyone who has ever been on tv....they croak, scarlet already knew and posted
            a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Joe Howlett. The episode of Sea Rescue that was on today was dedicated to him.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/new-b...ding-1.4287869
              A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                Nirvana got everyone out of hair metal. Groundbreaking, but still overrated. Yes, there is a slight difference.
                Do some research on how many artists that followed credit Kobain as their biggest musical influence and get back to me. Overrated? Wow.

Comment

• Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                  Do some research on how many artists that followed credit Kobain as their biggest musical influence and get back to me. Overrated? Wow.
                  The biggest thing to mookie is how incredibly talented grohl is. Would we know this is cobain held it together (and nirvana was doing ballparks like pj?
                  a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                    *shrug* As I said....great? Definitely. Walk-on-water-ZOMG band? Nope.
                    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                      It's an opinion. Get over it.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                        *shrug* As I said....great? Definitely. Walk-on-water-ZOMG band? Nope.
                        Great but overrated?

Comment

• Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                          He was. Nirvana wasnt even the best Seattle band.

I can barely play guitar and I figured out their songs pretty easily. Still good stuff but plenty of punk bands did it before them.

Imho of course.
                          Last edited by Handyman; 09-15-2018, 08:22 PM.
                          "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                          -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                          -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by burd View Post
                            Great but overrated?
                            Yes. Makes sense too. Nirvana spawned a musical change but the music itself wasn't anything revolutionary.
                            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                              Yes. Makes sense too. Nirvana spawned a musical change but the music itself wasn't anything revolutionary.
                              Yep. One COULD hold the same argument for NWA. Public Enemy came before them (and Grandmaster Flash before that) with social commentary rap. Now, I love NWA, but they are a bit overrated. They just happened to hit at the right time with the right song. However, NWA is considered the flashpoint for that sort of rap.
                              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                              Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                                He was. Nirvana wasnt even the best Seattle band.

I can barely play guitar and I figured out their songs pretty easily. Still good stuff but plenty of punk bands did it before them.

Imho of course.
                                This

Comment

Working...
                                X