Re: Drinking Thread: Three Sheets To The Wind

There's "truck chasers?"

That's a thing?

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
      There's "truck chasers?"

That's a thing?
      That is a thing. People actually find out the routes of the trucks, and follow them as they make deliveries. My store doesn't bother selling the super rare stuff until their regulars get a shot at it. They tell the casuals and chasers that they didn't get any/are sold out.

Edit: for the CBS, when it first hit, a clerk told me a limit of one. Manager happened to come out on the floor, saw me, and told the clerk I could buy however much I wanted. Limits didn't apply to me.
      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
        Some stores will do that. They hold it for their regular customers and turn away the newbs and truck chasers.
        Which brings me back to this post:

Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post
        Craft beer is becoming quite the scam on this front...

It sounds like Brent and others have their sources figured out... Down by me, many smaller shops & stores are forming V.I.P. clubs/Membership programs. You need to be a member of those to have any shot at some of the rarer stuff (most recently Founders CBS). You're basically paying $50-100/year for the right to get to the front of the line for this stuff. And you still need to line up. Nothing is guaranteed.

It's quite frustrating as someone who only buys regular beer once every 3-5 weeks (small $20-30 purchase). Been told a few times that I don't spend enough to warrant any kind of special privileges. I guess the shops I frequent have guys that are at the tap 2-3 days/week and regularly walking out with $50+ purchases just as often. Kinda frustrating for someone who enjoys sampling beer, but can't dedicate a small mortgage to the hobby...
        RaceBoarder and I are a lot alike.
        Code:
        As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
        College Hockey 6       College Football 0
        BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
        Originally posted by SanTropez
        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
        Originally posted by bigblue_dl
        I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
        Originally posted by Kepler
        When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Old Speckled Hen on the table. Been a while since Mookie has had. Restaurants close early here for being a big city. Luckily Mookie found a steak house with the kitchen open. Go figure
          a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
            Troll alert.
            Yah. Mookie enjoyed old fashioned two times in the past 8 days. Tasty stuff
            a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

It's back!

https://***********/kare11/status/947252224895352832
              the state of hockey is good

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                Old Speckled Hen on the table. Been a while since Mookie has had. Restaurants close early here for being a big city. Luckily Mookie found a steak house with the kitchen open. Go figure
                Bought some Old Forester Prohibition on a tip. Have some regular version, also, gonna do a side-by-side tonight.
                Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Not worth the extra cost.
                  Code:
                  May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                  He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                    Not worth the extra cost.
                    Regular OF has a more upfront burn that dissipates quickly. Goes the same for the taste. The OF Prohib drinks much smoother, even though it's stronger. Bolder in flavor, but not overpowering.

That being said, I would agree not worth the extra cost, but it was worth buying it once.

Comment

So I have been a fan of Blantons single barrel for a little while.

Just added some Norlan glasses to that.

Heck of a combination.

Comment

Debating on whether to crack my Deal With The Devil from Anchorage Brewing tomorrow. https://untappd.com/b/anchorage-brew...d-2017/2361815

On one hand, it's NYE, but on the other hand...I kind of want to wait on it. It's a total coin flip right now.

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
                          So I have been a fan of Blantons single barrel for a little while.

Just added some Norlan glasses to that.

Heck of a combination.
                          My mom gave me a set of Norlans for Christmas with a bottle of whiskey.

Love my glasses but I love my mom even more. She knows me too well.
                          Code:

Comment

Here thanks to the Michigan game. Local distillery makes a good rye and bourbon.

Comment

Jolly or Grand River?
                              Code:

Comment

Ann Arbor distillery.

Comment

Working...
                                X