Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Drinking Thread: Three Sheets To The Wind

Lucia Apologist

Re: Drinking Thread: Three Sheets To The Wind

Iím drinking in the basement of the Empire State Building. Itís a great joint.

there's a good buck in that racket.

After a night of Japanese whiskey mookie wishes he were dead. There is a faint memory of a cabbie helping mookie out of his car last night.... and another of an ugly American throwing up on a sidewalk while stumbling around trying to follow google maps on the phone

Quote Originally Posted by mookie1995 View Post
    After a night of Japanese whiskey mookie wishes he were dead. There is a faint memory of a cabbie helping mookie out of his car last night.... and another of an ugly American throwing up on a sidewalk while stumbling around trying to follow google maps on the phone
    Japanese whiskey is very good. If you have a bottle of Yamazaki 18 around here, you are holding gold. I can't even imagine what the 25 goes for. FTR, a pub near me has the 18, for $25/pour. And I must say, it's worth it, considering it's a pub/what the bottle goes for.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Lucia Apologist

Quote Originally Posted by Brenthoven View Post
    Japanese whiskey is very good. If you have a bottle of Yamazaki 18 around here, you are holding gold. I can't even imagine what the 25 goes for. FTR, a pub near me has the 18, for $25/pour. And I must say, it's worth it, considering it's a pub/what the bottle goes for.
    $25 is incorrect. Yamazaki 12 maybe. Not the 18. No way.

Diesel has a bottle of the 18 regular, and the 18 special reserve in the archive.

Quote Originally Posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    $25 is incorrect. Yamazaki 12 maybe. Not the 18. No way.

Diesel has a bottle of the 18 regular, and the 18 special reserve in the archive.
    It was the 18. Believe me.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

there's a good buck in that racket.

It was very good. Just should have stopped early, and not had so much wine to start.

It was very good. Just should have stopped early, and not had so much wine to start.
    Ah, pacing and total consumption. Rookie mistake.

Gurtholfin

Mixing wine with booze is likely the culprit.

I used to get horrific hangovers.

Day long... kidneys even hurt a few times.

Ever since I stopped mixing wine or beer with booze, I almost never get hangovers anymore.

And I put em down.

Gurtholfin

I just got home after a night of Crown in the bar and I'm getting up at 5 to go trouting.

I expect to be fine.

He fixes the cable?

A night of whiskey/gin/rum, I usually feel fine the next day. A night of beer? I feel it sometimes, but usually bounce back pretty quickly. Trip to the bathroom usually takes care of it. Mixing the two? Toast. I'm useless for days if I went hard enough.

I don't have more than a glass of wine anymore. My head just won't agree with it. It's a shame, I like wine. But holy crap it's not worth it for me. Vera asked me once, while I was clearly struggling to exist after a bottle of wine the previous night, what she could do to help. I told her to cut my head off. Wasn't kidding.

Clearly that's ridiculous. My brain is what it's telling me I'm in pain, and it's my brain that actually hurt. Wouldn't have fixed anything. Didn't matter. I was willing to give it a shot.
    Last edited by state of hockey; 01-20-2018 at 02:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by state of hockey View Post
    A night of whiskey/gin/rum, I usually feel fine the next day. A night of beer? I feel it sometimes, but usually bounce back pretty quickly. Trip to the bathroom usually takes care of it. Mixing the two? Toast. I'm useless for days if I went hard enough.

I don't have more than a glass of wine anymore. My head just won't agree with it. It's a shame, I like wine. But holy crap it's not worth it for me. Vera asked me once, while I was clearly struggling to exist after a bottle of wine the previous night, what she could do to help. I told her to cut my head off. Wasn't kidding.

Clearly that's ridiculous. My brain is what it's telling me I'm in pain, and it's my brain that actually hurt. Wouldn't have fixed anything. Didn't matter. I was willing to give it a shot.
    My biggest issue is when I drink a decent amount of beer, and then decide its a good idea to drink whisky. I don't think it is the mixing of different alcohols, I think it me going from pretty drunk to really ****ing drunk in no time flat.
    Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Never had an issue.

I can attest to why bbdl gets issues.

Waiting for the Snow to fly...
    South Chicago Burbs... For now anyways...

Southern Tier Thick Mint is showing up around here.... Heard good things last year, but it was after the fact, so we'll see how it goes. Got a 4-pack...
    It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Quote Originally Posted by RaceBoarder View Post
    Southern Tier Thick Mint is showing up around here.... Heard good things last year, but it was after the fact, so we'll see how it goes. Got a 4-pack...
    Liquid Andes Mint.

Math atheist

We had a Founders takeover at melís kitchen today. We made it through four of the six barrel aged beers - didnít get to KBS and CBS. Probably knock those two back with breakfast in the morning.

Quote Originally Posted by melmac View Post
    We had a Founders takeover at melís kitchen today. We made it through four of the six barrel aged beers - didnít get to KBS and CBS. Probably knock those two back with breakfast in the morning.
    Still have a couple CBS bottles in the fridge.

Have your Darkness, of course, btw. Awaiting the BA version. If it's as plentiful as last year, you will get the upgrade on the trade once again.

There's a lot of solid research on this website for dedicated drinkers.
    It's a book of our true stories
    True stories that can't be denied
    It's more than true it actually happened
    We're coming rougher every time

Cornell University
    NCAA Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018

Quote Originally Posted by Kepler View Post
    There's a lot of solid research on this website for dedicated drinkers.
    I can't believe that website is even still in existence. I remember stumbling across it over a decade ago at Tech.
    Michigan Tech: "Working with scraps and guys from places so remote that Houghton seems like a metropolis"

Boosh Factor (4/04/17): 5.242424

Lucia Apologist

The only drinking website I remember from college was droogle.com. You put in what you had, it told you what you could make. You could also look up all sorts of variants of drinks.

Google shut them down after a year or so. Havenít tried to find them in years.

Thread Information