Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: Drinking Thread: Three Sheets To The Wind

Re: Drinking Thread: Three Sheets To The Wind

Quote Originally Posted by bostonewe View Post
    Been enjoying Southern Tier's take on Thin Mints (Thick Mint) and found myself Somoa This at the bottle shop on Monday I'm still hoping for a PB Chocolate beer. I had Sweet Baby Jesus from DeClaw last year and it was awesome!
    Thin Mint is great. Haven't had Samoa. Debating on that trigger at my secondary store. For PBP, the F4 was a bit too early. Junkyard (Moorhead) has had their version coming down here for the past couple weeks. Delicious.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Quote Originally Posted by Brenthoven View Post
    Thin Mint is great. Haven't had Samoa. Debating on that trigger at my secondary store. For PBP, the F4 was a bit too early. Junkyard (Moorhead) has had their version coming down here for the past couple weeks. Delicious.
    Should be able to finally have it on Monday night (gotta finish tonight's shift and tomorrow's shift). I have high hopes, I am a fan of their sweet beers. Missed out on the Cinnamon Roll beer and was really disappointed because I had heard good things.

Should be able to finally have it on Monday night (gotta finish tonight's shift and tomorrow's shift). I have high hopes, I am a fan of their sweet beers. Missed out on the Cinnamon Roll beer and was really disappointed because I had heard good things.
    Just give an honest review of your MN beers that bbdl and I gave ya. Anxious to hear.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Just give an honest review of your MN beers that bbdl and I gave ya. Anxious to hear.
    Will do. I'm hoarding them for a bit since once I drink 'em, it'll be unlikely we'll get more of any of those.

Will do. I'm hoarding them for a bit since once I drink 'em, it'll be unlikely we'll get more of any of those.
    Truth. That's part of the challenge (the other part is when they hit their prime).

Any of you know brewers in the Chicago area you would recommend? My daughter manages a small farm-to-table restaurant on the North Side (River Valley Farmer's Table) that also has a retail side (mushrooms, cheeses, sauces, veggies, craft beers, select wines, etc) and likes to use small local brewers when possible.
    Last edited by burd; 05-05-2018 at 06:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by burd View Post
    Any of you know brewers in the Chicago area you would recommend? My daughter manages a small farm-to-table restaurant on the North Side (River Valley Farmer's Table) that also has a retail side (mushrooms, cheeses, sauces, veggies, craft beers, select wines, etc) and likes to use small local brewers when possible.
    Pipewerks, Mikerphone (Elk Grove IL a little NW of CHI).

Pipewerks, Mikerphone (Elk Grove IL a little NW of CHI).
    Thx, Brent. Passed it on.

Waiting for the Snow to fly...
    South Chicago Burbs... For now anyways...

Quote Originally Posted by burd View Post
    Hailstorm Brewing - Tinley Park, IL
    Pollyana Brewing - Lemont, IL

Both very solid, growing breweries located in the Southwest Suburbs of Chicago.
    It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Lucia Apologist

All Rise and Revolution were both good. Revolution was particularly good.

Quote Originally Posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    All Rise and Revolution were both good. Revolution was particularly good.
    Forgot about Revolution. Their barleywine is insane (someone secured a keg of it for last year's Darkness Day).

Lucia Apologist

Dethís Tar is also phenomenal.

Waiting for the Snow to fly...
    South Chicago Burbs... For now anyways...

Revolution is local, but they are past the point of being "small" here in the Chicago area. They are in most supermarkets and about the only place you won't see them is a Gas Station that only has Miller/Bud...

I kinda assumed that Burd wasn't looking for something like that.
    It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Quote Originally Posted by RaceBoarder View Post
    Revolution is local, but they are past the point of being "small" here in the Chicago area. They are in most supermarkets and about the only place you won't see them is a Gas Station that only has Miller/Bud...

Pipewerks just hit here in MPLS, but you never know when it comes to "local" breweries, how they want to market themselves. If a small business comes calling, they may get a deal, you know?

You're right; I wasn't. I don't know beer like you guys, but I was thinking small.

They are still independent, and they have a nice taproom/restaurant. I think it is still a very valid option. Now, GI, on the other hand? You can just GTFO right now.
    Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Quote Originally Posted by bigblue_dl View Post
    They are still independent, and they have a nice taproom/restaurant. I think it is still a very valid option. Now, GI, on the other hand? You can just GTFO right now.
    I'll still buy GI's BCS, but that's it, and even then, I'll buy a bottle, maybe two. I was offered a case at a 15% discount a month after its release, and I declined. No interest.

This is great, through and through.
    Cornell University
    NCAA Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018

I'm worth a million in prizes

Quote Originally Posted by Kepler View Post
    This is great, through and through.
    When I read about Purple Nihilism I was reminded of my freshman year of undergrad. We held a Jim Jones Guyana party. Grape Flavor Aid (not Kool Aid mind you) and any ETOH in a trash can. One guy wore the sunglasses and made routine announcements about those who "died" (passed out). ****, I'm getting old.
    "I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal."
    Groucho Marx
    "You can't fix stupid. There's not a pill you can take; there's not a class you can go to. Stupid is forever. "
    Ron White
    "If we stop being offensive, the Terrorists win."
    Milo Bloom

Quote Originally Posted by busterman62 View Post
    When I read about Purple Nihilism I was reminded of my freshman year of undergrad. We held a Jim Jones Guyana party. Grape Flavor Aid (not Kool Aid mind you) and any ETOH in a trash can. One guy wore the sunglasses and made routine announcements about those who "died" (passed out). ****, I'm getting old.
    This reminds me of grape Funny Face plus EtOH, a.k.a. "F-ck Face."

Fun fact, the federal database on alcohol abuse is named ETOH. I am not making that up.
    Last edited by Kepler; 05-14-2018 at 12:29 PM.
    Cornell University
    NCAA Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018

Thread Information