Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Drinking Thread: Three Sheets To The Wind

Re: Drinking Thread: Three Sheets To The Wind

Quote Originally Posted by bigblue_dl View Post
    Tasting the 2015 and 2018 back to back, the 2018 tasted boozy.
    Really? I thought it hit the marshmallow stage off the bat this year, like last year. *shrug* different palettes I guess.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Math atheist

Tasting the 2015 and 2018 back to back, the 2018 tasted boozy.
    I had a 17 last night and the 18 tonight. 18 was definitely boozy. Tasted better on tap.

We also tried the 17 and 15 Alaskan smoked porter tonight. So much smoke in the 17, but I liked it better than the 15. Didnt get to the 13, though.

So much beer at the house right now...

Quote Originally Posted by melmac View Post
    I had a 17 last night and the 18 tonight. 18 was definitely boozy. Tasted better on tap.

We also tried the 17 and 15 Alaskan smoked porter tonight. So much smoke in the 17, but I liked it better than the 15. Didnt get to the 13, though.

Pro-tip: Alaskan Smoked? That can go back 10 years, easy. For real. It's amazing.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Quote Originally Posted by melmac View Post
    Thanks to tCBG and 'ewe, I now have so much beer. They brought me goodies as a surprise. That being said, they are getting some goodies in return.

Hit up Barrel Theory tonight. That place really can't miss. Everything is so on point it's sick.

And a friend notified me today he wants to ditch his cellar (nothing too old, he just doesn't want to deal with it), but he does have last year's KBS (4pk) so, yeah I buying that off of him.

Fighting Sioux Hockey Fan

The Madison Taco Bell, on State Street, wanted to become a Cantina so they applied for a Beer/Wine license. It passed the Common Council, but was vetoed by Moonbeam Mayor Paul Sauglin. Now, Taco Bell the corporate entity is suing the city of Madison .

Taco Bell Suing Madison

Thoughts?

Edit:
    /corrected Link
    Last edited by MadTownSioux; 04-17-2018 at 09:47 PM.
    Fighting Sioux Forever

Lucia Apologist

On April 7, 2015 Soglin was again re-elected defeating Alderman Scott Resnick with a record 72% of the vote 37,790 to 14,235 [16] Mayor Soglin jokingly said, using the rhetoric of his critics, "I'm the guy, if you can't tell the difference between us, who is identified as old, tired, gray and bland. Well, I'm going to show you old, tired, gray and bland." [17]

Hes not the mayor you needed but hes the mayor you wanted.

Quote Originally Posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    On April 7, 2015 Soglin was again re-elected defeating Alderman Scott Resnick with a record 72% of the vote 37,790 to 14,235 [16] Mayor Soglin jokingly said, using the rhetoric of his critics, "I'm the guy, if you can't tell the difference between us, who is identified as old, tired, gray and bland. Well, I'm going to show you old, tired, gray and bland." [17]

Hes not the mayor you needed but hes the mayor you wanted.
    To be fair, if a candidate ran on the slogan "old, tired, gray and bland," I would vote for him. I want to identify with my representative.
    Cornell University
    NCAA Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018

Having been back for a few days, I have to say, I was really impressed with Barrel Theory in St. Paul. I was thinking about the beers we drank there and they were f*ing delicious. Even the hubs was sad that they have no distribution to speak of...

Also, I want to figure out the Ron Burgandy recipe from Travail. That was delicious.

Quote Originally Posted by bostonewe View Post
    Having been back for a few days, I have to say, I was really impressed with Barrel Theory in St. Paul. I was thinking about the beers we drank there and they were f*ing delicious. Even the hubs was sad that they have no distribution to speak of...

Also, I want to figure out the Ron Burgandy recipe from Travail. That was delicious.
    A LOT of the microbreweries don't have professional distro. There are a couple breweries (really good ones) that distro themselves (Lupulin, Junkyard) around here. Lupulin has slowed down a little on shelves, easy to get now. Junkyard goes pretty quick. In fact, tomorrow Junkyard is making a delivery to the Twin Cities (they are up in Moorhead, by Fargo).

BT had trouble for a while just keeping up with in-house demand. Growlers would last an hour or two, people would line up before they were even open to get one. They are growing into their demand, though, as you saw with the crowlers, although they still don't last *that* long.

Fighting Sioux Hockey Fan

Quote Originally Posted by MadTownSioux View Post
    The Madison Taco Bell, on State Street, wanted to become a Cantina so they applied for a Beer/Wine license. It passed the Common Council, but was vetoed by Moonbeam Mayor Paul Sauglin. Now, Taco Bell the corporate entity is suing the city of Madison .

Taco Bell Suing Madison

Thoughts?

Edit:
    /corrected Link
    Edited original post to post the correct Web link
    Fighting Sioux Forever

Quote Originally Posted by Brenthoven View Post
    A LOT of the microbreweries don't have professional distro. There are a couple breweries (really good ones) that distro themselves (Lupulin, Junkyard) around here. Lupulin has slowed down a little on shelves, easy to get now. Junkyard goes pretty quick. In fact, tomorrow Junkyard is making a delivery to the Twin Cities (they are up in Moorhead, by Fargo).

BT had trouble for a while just keeping up with in-house demand. Growlers would last an hour or two, people would line up before they were even open to get one. They are growing into their demand, though, as you saw with the crowlers, although they still don't last *that* long.
    I guess one of the Super Troopers guys wore Barrel Theory swag to the Super Troopers 2 premier this week.
    Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Lucia Apologist

I guess one of the Super Troopers guys wore Barrel Theory swag to the Super Troopers 2 premier this week.
    I'm guessing it was Rabbit. He's from MN
    Code:
    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
    Quote Originally Posted by SanTropez View Post
    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
    Quote Originally Posted by Kepler View Post
    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West.

Quote Originally Posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    I'm guessing it was Rabbit. He's from MN
    Dunno if the blonde woman from the first one is in the second one, but IIRC she's from MN, also.

Minding the gap MinnesotaNorthStar's Avatar
    Dunno if the blonde woman from the first one is in the second one, but IIRC she's from MN, also.
    Marisa Coughlan....yes, she is (from Minnesota and in the second one).

Quote Originally Posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
    Marisa Coughlan....yes, she is (from Minnesota and in the second one).
    Thanks! I was too lazy to look it up.

Thanks! I was too lazy to look it up.
    No problem, I have another 30 minutes to kill before I can go home....

Quote Originally Posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
    No problem, I have another 30 minutes to kill before I can go home....
    Why is international monetary system neither preventing currency volatility nor fostering an efficient allocation of global capital?

Why is international monetary system neither preventing currency volatility nor fostering an efficient allocation of global capital?
    I wasn't THAT motivated...

Matt Frattin for Hobey!!
    Originally posted by Quizmire
    mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
    MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
    MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
    I am a fan of MNS.

That's pretty simple: because inequality is a vicious cycle. But I never saw the movie or the blonde.
    Cornell University
    NCAA Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018

Been enjoying Southern Tier's take on Thin Mints (Thick Mint) and found myself Somoa This at the bottle shop on Monday I'm still hoping for a PB Chocolate beer. I had Sweet Baby Jesus from DeClaw last year and it was awesome!

Thread Information