Drinking Thread: Three Sheets To The Wind

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Drinking Thread: Three Sheets To The Wind

I could be considered a beer nerd, but not a snob. There are lines (outside of pranks) that I wouldn't cross. Macro is one I try not to cross. I for sure don't shop at Total Wine. That is a line I'll never cross. Ever.

That Grape-a-rita...got a lot of laughs, a lot of joking FU's, etc. That was the point.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
      I'm a semi-snob. If there's something good available, I'll drink that. But at the lake I have no problem with a Miller Lite or *gasp* bud light lime. Whatever's cold.
      exactly. mookie has been known to spend hours at the store searching the cooler for something new. however the family likes either corona or heiney. when mookie visits them he goes along (as well as struggling shots of hennessy - NONSTOP).

mookie also enjoys his red wine cold. too bad
      a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Surly is found to be a bit in trouble:

http://kstp.com/news/surly-settles-i...4847842/?cat=1
        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
          Surly is found to be a bit in trouble:

http://kstp.com/news/surly-settles-i...4847842/?cat=1
          Bummer. This is on our list of places to visit.

Comment

Originally posted by bostonewe View Post
            It'll be a long while before anything happens, IF anything happens.

Comment

• Originally posted by bostonewe View Post
              This story has been brewing (snicker) for a while. It'll be open for business.
              the state of hockey is good

Comment

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
                This story has been brewing (snicker) for a while. It'll be open for business.
                Okay -- thanks. Now, the real question is...is it worth the visit?

Comment

• Originally posted by bostonewe View Post
                  Okay -- thanks. Now, the real question is...is it worth the visit?
                  I think so. Their special releases have dropped in quality since their head brewer left for 3 Floyds, but the mainstays are still good. The food, while good, is overpriced by Minnesota taproom standards.

Surly has some great beers. Overhyped overall? Yes. A lot of it comes from them being the spearhead in changing some alcohol laws in the state. They do deserve praise for that.
                  the state of hockey is good

Comment

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
                    I think so. Their special releases have dropped in quality since their head brewer left for 3 Floyds, but the mainstays are still good. The food, while good, is overpriced by Minnesota taproom standards.

Surly has some great beers. Overhyped overall? Yes. A lot of it comes from them being the spearhead in changing some alcohol laws in the state. They do deserve praise for that.
                    Is there another place in the area that you'd recommend instead? We likely won't be eating there, though if there was a not to be missed brewery/food combo, I'd be open to that. We're thinking Friday -- doing the Como Park Conservatory in the AMish time and beer in the afternoon/evening.

Comment

The conservatory isn’t Amish. Fair warning.
                      Code:
                      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                      Originally posted by SanTropez
                      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                      Originally posted by Kepler
                      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Also, that article doesn’t mean what you think it does. They aren’t in any trouble. They settled a lawsuit. Nothing is going to happen after that. It also sounds like it wasn’t that bad in the first place. They didn’t take tips. They just looked them.
                        Code:
                        As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                        College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                        BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                        Originally posted by SanTropez
                        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                        Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                        I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                        Originally posted by Kepler
                        When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

$2.5MM payout isn't chump change, but as we have all mentioned: no worries next week.

It's worth stopping by for a beer. It IS a great space. Most breweries around here either have food very close by or bring in food trucks, just depends on the brewery. Obviously you can bring food into the breweries from outside sources, if the brewery doesn't serve food.

Comment

Surly will make that up in a week thanks to all the Surly Sheeple.

Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                            Originally posted by Quizmire
                            mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                            MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                            MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                            I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
                              Surly will make that up in a week thanks to all the Surly Sheeple.

IALTO.

Seriously, though, that IS a big dent.

Comment

Working through all of my dark and stormy stuff from last Sunday.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                                iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                                gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                                Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                                Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                                TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                                DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Working...
                                X