Page 6 of 51 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 120 of 1001

Thread: 115th Congress - Still 100% Roy Moore Free

  1. #101
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Mass.
    Posts
    4,466

    Re: 115th Congress - Still 100% Roy Moore Free

    Quote Originally Posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
    Says a guy who has no idea where the middle is anymore. Anyone who thinks that both parties haven't drifted right the last 20 years hasn't been paying attention. Yeah, there was in 2016 a socialism slant to the election with Bernie and his crybaby voters. However, a fair analysis of Barack Obama's Presidency puts him as a more small "c" conservative than GW Bush. And that means everything is slanted on the "right" side of the scale. 20 years ago Middle is where the entire Democratic Party is so you already have your "middle" party. So, quite whining and vote for the Democratic Party. It's the country's and the world's only hope right now. Don't be Brent. Don't be a duck.
    You're right(no pun intended.) I was trying to get at more a party that is better able to manage the country than political ideology. There is no excuse for us not to have a balanced budget(at least right now) or be making the proper infrastructure investments. Would the dems do both of those if given the chance? We will likely find out in the next few years.
    Originally posted by BobbyBrady
    Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

  2. #102
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    3,001

    Re: 115th Congress - Still 100% Roy Moore Free

    Quote Originally Posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    Catching up on this thread but IDK if this one has been posted: https://twitter.com/JordanUhl/status/940812997831938050

  3. #103
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    3,001

    Re: 115th Congress - Still 100% Roy Moore Free

    Quote Originally Posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
    Before we get too excited white women went 65% for Moore.
    Black people saved the day basically, something like 87% of black men and 97% of black women.

  4. #104
    The Dark One
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    killin your brain like a poisonous mushroom
    Posts
    15,222

    Re: 115th Congress - Still 100% Roy Moore Free

    Quote Originally Posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
    How much you wanna bet, after Jones is inaugurated (assuming he is), those women drop the cases against Roy Moore within 48 hours?
    Umm....what "case" are you referring to? They aren't suing him. They're just calling him a perv.

    Moving beyond Flaggy's support for pedophilia...

    Roy Moore IS the modern Republican party. He represents the base, which is why he came so close to winning. Its been funny reading the pundidiots and Beltway Bobs of the media claim that if only the GOP had run a "normal" Republican they would have won. Sorta like every GOP voter is in love with John Kasich types. I mean, get your heads out of your a sses already people. I don't care if that's what they're telling you at DC cocktail parties, but the GOP = Roy Moore.

    Why this is important, and why Alabama has larger implications is for two reasons. 1) Educated suburban votes, even in Alabama, as they also did in Virginia, have had enough with the GOP. One reason is they're sick of defending lunatics, pervs and all the other closet cases the GOP base keeps throwing up as their nominee. But the other 2) is suburbanite middle class votes are finally realized GOP tax policy is screwing them where the sun don't shine. This is a BIG development. Current tax theft bill is most unpopular legislation in generations. People who would normally vote GOP not on social issues but on economic ones have finally woken up to the fact that they'll be paying more money and watch their parents get their Medicare cut in order to send tax breaks to billionaires. In some exit polls Alabama voters chose health care the dominant issue influencing their vote (directly affected by current tax vote), not the 10 commandments or buggering 14 year olds at the local mall.

    Finally, lets give some people who I disagree with some credit here. Far from being a have hit both ways weasel, I give Senator Shelby a lot of credit for cutting Moore's nuts off right before the election, stating he's writing in a Republican but in no way will vote for Roy Moore. I will also give credit to Cory Gardner for continuing to insist that Moore was unacceptable even as his party started cozying up to Moore as his poll numbers seemingly (and falsely) improved over the last couple of weeks. One also has to assume some Trump voters from 2016 backed Jones, and kudos to them as well.
    Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

    Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

    "I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

  5. #105

    Join Date
    Nov 1999
    Location
    Further on down the road
    Posts
    60,346

    Re: 115th Congress - Still 100% Roy Moore Free

    Quote Originally Posted by 5mn_Major View Post
    Probably bad news. I've got two words for Tina Smith's appointment: Senator Pawlenty.

    Who knows...but she doesn't seem like the strongest candidate. And at this stage, definitely doesn't seem to match up to the heavy hitters of Emmer, Coleman or TPaw.
    Wait. I thought it was that the appointee could not run for re-election? So you don't want to burn a good candidate.

    Which of us is confused?
    Cornell University
    NCAA Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018

  6. #106

    Join Date
    Nov 1999
    Location
    Further on down the road
    Posts
    60,346

    Re: 115th Congress - Still 100% Roy Moore Free

    Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    But the other 2) is suburbanite middle class votes are finally realized GOP tax policy is screwing them where the sun don't shine. This is a BIG development. Current tax theft bill is most unpopular legislation in generations. People who would normally vote GOP not on social issues but on economic ones have finally woken up to the fact that they'll be paying more money and watch their parents get their Medicare cut in order to send tax breaks to billionaires.
    God I hope you're right. I hope you're right I hope you're right I hope you're right.

    If this is true then there's hope. Since 1980 we have been in a race: will the white middle class catch on before the 1% is able to destroy democracy? Up until now it's looked like a rout. But if you are right then we can still save America.

    God, Rover. I hope you're right.
    Cornell University
    NCAA Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018

  7. #107
    Inspired by Actual Events
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    da tech
    Posts
    5,864

    Re: 115th Congress - Still 100% Roy Moore Free

    Peter King with a clear eyed takedown of Bannon this morning, calling him “some disheveled drunk.” Has he always been a never-Trumper, or are they starting to eat their own?

  8. #108
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    3,001

    Re: 115th Congress - Still 100% Roy Moore Free

    Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    Roy Moore IS the modern Republican party. He represents the base, which is why he came so close to winning. Its been funny reading the pundidiots and Beltway Bobs of the media claim that if only the GOP had run a "normal" Republican they would have won. Sorta like every GOP voter is in love with John Kasich types. I mean, get your heads out of your a sses already people. I don't care if that's what they're telling you at DC cocktail parties, but the GOP = Roy Moore.
    This is dead on, the guy won a primary against a slightly less insane candidate and we all know how the base of the party feels about the RINO types. Don't really need to look much further than this or the presidential election.

    It's kinda amazing that Jones won despite the gerrymandering and voter suppression, someone showed how the house breakdown would look if that's what was being voted on here: https://twitter.com/leonardocarella/...53688071462915
    Last edited by trixR4kids; 12-13-2017 at 10:51 AM.

  9. #109
    Lucia Apologist
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    26,233

    Re: 115th Congress - Still 100% Roy Moore Free

    Quote Originally Posted by Kepler View Post
    Wait. I thought it was that the appointee could not run for re-election? So you don't want to burn a good candidate.

    Which of us is confused?
    I had originally said that but it doesn't appear to be any sort of law or requirement. It was probably something that Governor Dayton preferred but didn't get.
    Code:
    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
    Quote Originally Posted by SanTropez View Post
    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
    Quote Originally Posted by bigblue_dl View Post
    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
    Quote Originally Posted by Kepler View Post
    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West.

  10. #110

    Join Date
    Nov 1999
    Location
    Further on down the road
    Posts
    60,346

    Re: 115th Congress - Still 100% Roy Moore Free

    Quote Originally Posted by geezer View Post
    Peter King with a clear eyed takedown of Bannon this morning, calling him “some disheveled drunk.” Has he always been a never-Trumper, or are they starting to eat their own?
    This is from 18 months ago so I think he's been pretty consistently Never Dump.
    Cornell University
    NCAA Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018

  11. #111

    Join Date
    Nov 1999
    Location
    Further on down the road
    Posts
    60,346

    Re: 115th Congress - Still 100% Roy Moore Free

    Quote Originally Posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    I had originally said that but it doesn't appear to be any sort of law or requirement. It was probably something that Governor Dayton preferred but didn't get.
    Oh. OK. What do you think of Tina Smith?
    Cornell University
    NCAA Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018

  12. #112
    RIP Liberalism 6/27/2018 ScoobyDoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    The 9th Circle
    Posts
    69,226

    Re: 115th Congress - Still 100% Roy Moore Free

    Quote Originally Posted by Kepler View Post
    Oh. OK. What do you think of Tina Smith?
    She's fine. She can do the work. Her politics are in line with the Democratic Party. She has the experience. Issue with her is going to be can she win in November. Despite all assurances that we have so many votes in the city areas in the state to stem off becoming Iowa or Wisconsin, I'm not so sure.
    Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

    Glass at 0%: Another First Round Exit.

  13. #113
    RIP Liberalism 6/27/2018 ScoobyDoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    The 9th Circle
    Posts
    69,226

    Re: 115th Congress - Still 100% Roy Moore Free

    Turnout matters. Debbie and Donna blew it in 2016 because they had no ground game.


    Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

    Glass at 0%: Another First Round Exit.

  14. #114
    The Dark One
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    killin your brain like a poisonous mushroom
    Posts
    15,222

    Re: 115th Congress - Still 100% Roy Moore Free

    Some thoughts:

    1) Kep, there is hope on the tax thing. People are finally understanding the GOP is either a cult or a money laundering enterprise. They wouldn't be passing a stealth cut in the middle of the night if they thought it appealed to even their base. Everybody knows this is a payoff to billionaire GOP donors pure and simple. If middle class people supporting tax cuts for the 1% had any resonance Roy Moore would be in the senate right now because that's basically the argument he, Trump and Bannon were making to elect him (and to get right leaning voters to overlook the fact that he's a conservaperv). Virginia is another good example of this.

    2) Saw a funny tweet which said something like why would anybody expect Roy Moore to concede the race when he hasn't yet conceded which side won the Civil War.

    3) I really don't get the angst about Minnesota. So out of office for 10 years, creature of DC, boring a ss Tim Pawlenty is an unstoppable force now? Yikes. I'd say he'd be 50/50 to make it out of a primary. Even if he does, if Dems are struggling to win the Minnesota senate seat (provided they didn't nominate a Dem Roy Moore type) I wouldn't worry about it, because that means they've already lost about 10 other Senate seats. If Trumpism isn't playing in Alabama, I'm not sure how well it plays in Minny, but that's just me. Doesn't hurt to have a female candidate in the wake of Franken however.
    Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

    Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

    "I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

  15. #115
    RIP Liberalism 6/27/2018 ScoobyDoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    The 9th Circle
    Posts
    69,226

    Re: 115th Congress - Still 100% Roy Moore Free

    Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    Some thoughts:

    1) Kep, there is hope on the tax thing. People are finally understanding the GOP is either a cult or a money laundering enterprise. They wouldn't be passing a stealth cut in the middle of the night if they thought it appealed to even their base. Everybody knows this is a payoff to billionaire GOP donors pure and simple. If middle class people supporting tax cuts for the 1% had any resonance Roy Moore would be in the senate right now because that's basically the argument he, Trump and Bannon were making to elect him (and to get right leaning voters to overlook the fact that he's a conservaperv). Virginia is another good example of this.

    2) Saw a funny tweet which said something like why would anybody expect Roy Moore to concede the race when he hasn't yet conceded which side won the Civil War.

    3) I really don't get the angst about Minnesota. So out of office for 10 years, creature of DC, boring a ss Tim Pawlenty is an unstoppable force now? Yikes. I'd say he'd be 50/50 to make it out of a primary. Even if he does, if Dems are struggling to win the Minnesota senate seat (provided they didn't nominate a Dem Roy Moore type) I wouldn't worry about it, because that means they've already lost about 10 other Senate seats. If Trumpism isn't playing in Alabama, I'm not sure how well it plays in Minny, but that's just me. Doesn't hurt to have a female candidate in the wake of Franken however.
    My angst is because Trump almost won the state. Because Tim Pawlenty served two terms as Governor. Because our demographics are not much different from Iowa and Wisconsin. This isn't New York, or California, or Washtington, or Oregon. This is a state with a pretty large rural community that likes Trump. And my angst is amplified by being represented in the House by someone who masturbates with Paul Ryan to an Ayn Rand poster.
    Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

    Glass at 0%: Another First Round Exit.

  16. #116
    NICKERSON HAS [CENSORED]
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    Mountain View, CA
    Posts
    18,702

    Re: 115th Congress - Still 100% Roy Moore Free

    Quote Originally Posted by Kepler View Post
    This is from 18 months ago so I think he's been pretty consistently Never Dump.
    Is he the one from NY that blames everything on Muslims or the one from IA that blames everything on Mexicans?

    Cornell '04, Stanford '06


    KDR

    Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
    iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
    gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
    Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
    Shirtless Bob That's it, you win.
    TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
    DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

  17. #117
    NICKERSON HAS [CENSORED]
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    Mountain View, CA
    Posts
    18,702

    Re: 115th Congress - Still 100% Roy Moore Free


    Cornell '04, Stanford '06


    KDR

    Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
    iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
    gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
    Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
    Shirtless Bob That's it, you win.
    TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
    DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

  18. #118
    Yep, still here
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Posts
    28,173

    Re: 115th Congress - Still 100% Roy Moore Free

    Quote Originally Posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
    My angst is because Trump almost won the state. Because Tim Pawlenty served two terms as Governor. Because our demographics are not much different from Iowa and Wisconsin. This isn't New York, or California, or Washtington, or Oregon. This is a state with a pretty large rural community that likes Trump. And my angst is amplified by being represented in the House by someone who masturbates with Paul Ryan to an Ayn Rand poster.
    Right now, you can tentatively feel better if the winds continue to blow against the Republican party in 11 months. If it was 2016, you'd be electing Pawlenty, like Trump took Michigan by 10,000. If it's stays at a +10% generic ballot come November we'll be fine.
    "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites


    Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

  19. #119
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    3,001

    Re: 115th Congress - Still 100% Roy Moore Free

    Quote Originally Posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
    My angst is because Trump almost won the state. Because Tim Pawlenty served two terms as Governor. Because our demographics are not much different from Iowa and Wisconsin. This isn't New York, or California, or Washtington, or Oregon. This is a state with a pretty large rural community that likes Trump. And my angst is amplified by being represented in the House by someone who masturbates with Paul Ryan to an Ayn Rand poster.
    He didn't almost win it was just semi-close for the first time in forever.

  20. #120
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Crystal, MN
    Posts
    38,055

    Re: 115th Congress - Still 100% Roy Moore Free

    Quote Originally Posted by Kepler View Post
    The GOP is gifting us Hispanics. We should be able to make gains among educated, non-Evangelical whites, both female and male.

    We need to be the party of choice among educated, suburban whites throughout the entire country. We are the party that represents the middle class -- we have their backs on economics. And those people vote pocketbook. We should be the default choice of the Bourgeoisie. That means we compromise a lot on guns, to begin with. That's a single issue voter we don't have to exclude. (Genuinely sorry, joe -- women's rights are fundamental, you're on the wrong side of history.)

    Most importantly we should push hard for economic justice and reining in the Plutes. That's the single most healthy thing we can do for the middle class.
    The Cubans in Florida say hello. Not all Hispanics vote alike or even like each other. Hell most of them hate Mexicans...
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

    "Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

    Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •