X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 115th Congress - Still 100% Roy Moore Free

Originally posted by Rover View Post
    Can't say I'm surprised. I'm guessing he speaks for the majority of conservatives/Trump voters on this one. Good thing here is that these people are finally getting exposed.
    Did you ever think that there are some women out there that actually want to have supper ready for the husband when he returns? And there's also some women out there that'll slap the guy if he says "Make me a sandwich, *****"? Yes, there are cases where women are abused and downright unhappy, and they deserve a helping hand. It is an insult to the woman, however, when she makes a conscientious choice of domestic engineering, and ones states that she shouldn't do it because of some political movement that is designed, from the broad view, to destroy the family and the home. Does this mean gender roles? Absolutely not. That's up to the members of the household to decide who does what. But once they make those decisions, and they have a mutually happy home, there's no reason to destroy that harmony.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
      Did you ever think that there are some women out there that actually want to have supper ready for the husband when he returns? And there's also some women out there that'll slap the guy if he says "Make me a sandwich, *****"? Yes, there are cases where women are abused and downright unhappy, and they deserve a helping hand. It is an insult to the woman, however, when she makes a conscientious choice of domestic engineering, and ones states that she shouldn't do it because of some political movement that is designed, from the broad view, to destroy the family and the home. Does this mean gender roles? Absolutely not. That's up to the members of the household to decide who does what. But once they make those decisions, and they have a mutually happy home, there's no reason to destroy that harmony.
      You are a one man comedy routine.
      **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
      Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Yeah, there are probably plenty of Christiban women among the Deplorables who want that. The candidate crassly implied that all women should act that way, and have no choice in the matter, which is wrong.

Comment

Ummm...the guy is talking about making his daughters into homemakers. That's not a conscientious choice. If his wife wants to do that, then sure, good for her, but he seems like most knuckledraggers to want to impose his view on all other women, including his kids.
          Last edited by Rover; 01-26-2018, 12:33 PM.
          Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
            “I want to come home to a home cooked dinner every night at six.”

So hire a chef...
            Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
            Originally posted by Quizmire
            mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
            MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
            MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
            I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

• Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post

So hire a chef...
              Aside from the obvious sexism, who’s getting home by six? Not every job is 9 to 5 plus his kids don’t do any activities?
              U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
              Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
              I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
              But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
              Originally posted by Doyle Woody
              Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                Aside from the obvious sexism, who’s getting home by six? Not every job is 9 to 5 plus his kids don’t do any activities?
                1960s family sitcoms.
                CCT '77 & '78
                4 kids
                5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

because of some political movement that is designed, from the broad view, to destroy the family and the home.
                  Many of the most harmonious, safe, gentle, loving, families I have been in contact with were built by parents who share the values of that "political movement."

Please try to meet actual liberals and feminists and "social justice warriors" and get to know them and their children in their homes. Not the 20-somethings -- all 20-somethings are a mess. The adults. Speak to them and listen and watch. Ideological generalizations* about those people have nothing to do with any this person.

* Yes, I aware of the gargantuan irony of me making this statement, and, yes, I am trying to learn. "Physician, take thy own physic."
                  Last edited by Kepler; 01-26-2018, 01:09 PM.
                  Cornell University
                  National Champion 1967, 1970
                  ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                  Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                    Many of the most harmonious, safe, gentle, loving, families I have been in contact with were created by parents who share the values of that "political movement."

Please try to meet actual liberals and feminists and "social justice warriors" and get to know them and their children in their homes. Not the 20-somethings -- all 20-somethings are a mess. The adults. Speak to them and listen and watch. The ideological generalizations spewed by your media have nothing to do with reality. You are missing out on real life and that is a tragedy.
                    As usual, you just decided to take a phrase out of context and go on your tirade. I made it abundantly clear that it was dependent on what the household wanted to do. If you and Dr. Mrs. want to share chores, that's your choice. FlagDUDETTE and I do the same thing. I thought Ivy Leaguers were supposed to have brains.

Comment

As usual, you just decided to take a phrase out of context and go on your tirade. I made it abundantly clear that it was dependent on what the household wanted to do. If you and Dr. Mrs. want to share chores, that's your choice. FlagDUDETTE and I do the same thing. I thought Ivy Leaguers were supposed to have brains.
                      I made many edits to my original statement while you were responding. Please take another look. I am not in any way trying to be provocative or disrepectful and I regret the first draft language. Please accept my apology.

I would like to continue talking about this topic; protecting the peace and harmony of the family is obviously a thing we have in common. It's a building block. I'm game if you are.
                      Cornell University
                      National Champion 1967, 1970
                      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post

So hire a chef...
                        I can bring home the bacon
                        Fry it up in a pan
                        And never never ever let you forget your a man.......

a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                          Yeah, there are probably plenty of Christiban women among the Deplorables who want that. The candidate crassly implied that all women should act that way, and have no choice in the matter, which is wrong.
                          Yep, and they're usually married to guys who are devoted to the "Men of Grace*" group from their Church.

* A he-man woman haters club churches have for "devout" men of God, who wanted their women to be Stepford-ish with a hot meal on the dinner table every night.
                          “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                            I made many edits to my original statement while you were responding. Please take another look. I am not in any way trying to be provocative or disrepectful and I regret the first draft language. Please accept my apology.

I would like to continue talking about this topic; protecting the peace and harmony of the family is obviously a thing we have in common. It's a building block. I'm game if you are.
                            I'm glad we agree with protecting families. The biggest point I'm trying to make is, if anyone wants to choose to do something with their life, so long as it's legal and doesn't disturb the peace, then they should be able to do it. What I don't want to see is the overcompensation of one of these concepts to the point where you're insulting someone that makes a choice in his/her life because it isn't the choice you think they should make.

And it's not like you're stuck with the choice, either; things evolve. FlagDUDETTE and I tried the one single bread winner thing, she found it unsatisfying, so we worked out a plan where each of us would do certain things domestically and outside the home. We're happy now, and if things change, we'll adjust again.

Comment

Will the RNC be returning all of the money Wynn helped raise as finance chair?

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                              iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                              gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                              Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                              Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                              TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                              DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

• Originally posted by French Rage View Post
                                Will the RNC be returning all of the money Wynn helped raise as finance chair?
                                No, and they’ll continue to scream about Weinstein

Comment

Working...
                                X