X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 115th Congress - Still 100% Roy Moore Free

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
    Because it's the law that was on Alabama's books prior to the election. To exempt this year's ballots from the process established by law wouldn't exactly be operating the government by the rule of the law. Creating the exception could cast doubt on the results should the outcome get flipped. Either way, the losers' side won't be happy with the end result. So Alabama needs to change its law if this is an actual concern rather than the ravings of a pouty politician who lost a race that should've been a mortal lock for any semi-sane Republican candidate in that state.
    By Alabama law, if the difference is less then 0.5% when the vote is certified, there's an automatic recount. If they destroy them after certification, so be it. But we're talking before certification here.

Comment

As expected, Congreff fails to enact a spending bill and the government goes into shutdown mode.

At this point, I would lock both Houses in the Capitol and not let them out until the pass appropriation bills for the rest of the FY. If they can't agree after 72 hours, cut off food except for bread and water.

If they haven't agreed for a week, turn down the heat to 55°, or the AC up to 85°. The temperature will decrease / increase by 5° for every week without an agreement.

If that fails, then turn off the TV cameras.
      CCT '77 & '78
      4 kids
      5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
      1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
      - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
        As expected, Congreff fails to enact a spending bill and the government goes into shutdown mode.

At this point, I would lock both Houses in the Capitol and not let them out until the pass appropriation bills for the rest of the FY. If they can't agree after 72 hours, cut off food except for bread and water.

If they haven't agreed for a week, turn down the heat to 55°, or the AC up to 85°. The temperature will decrease / increase by 5° for every week without an agreement.

If that fails, then turn off the TV cameras.
        You have 72 hours, or you all are out of office. Every one. No exceptions. Mass elections after that. Let's create a little chaos. Can't be any worse than we have now.....
        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
        Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

You know it is one thing for the GOP to shut down the government when there is a Dem in the WH...that can be seen as an act of defiance against the other party. Shutting it down when you have a president that would sign his own impeachment notice if you put it in front of him (cause he cant read) is just pure idiocy. I mean it will play with the 36% who believe the Dems are actually doing it but to anyone who can play boards game more complicated than Hi Ho Cherry Oh! this is just dumb.
          "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
          -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
          -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

how about an exec order that congress and pres also don’t get paid like Park rangers and every other worker for the gov’t
            a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

All l'm hearing so far this morning is Schumer Shutdown and how he got played when he went to the White House yesterday. It'll probably work. No one cares enough about immigrants to want the Government shutdown over them.
              **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
              Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Just saw polling. Dems being blamed. LOL. 2018 is going down the drain.
                **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                  how about an exec order that congress and pres also don’t get paid like Park rangers and every other worker for the gov’t
                  Sadly, we can't do that. The 27th Amendment that stops current Congress from giving themselves raises also keeps anyone from cutting their pay. They have to pass a law going forward saying in the next Congress if the gov't shutdowns, no pay.
                  "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                    Any poll with any usefulness would need a few hundred voters and a few days to be accurate. The shutdown literally started 9 hours ago. The only people awake to vote were Russian bots.
                    "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                      Then you haven't seen a scientific poll, because there couldn't be one out yet.

Comment

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                        Mitch voted no. How does he get away with no blame?

Comment

Originally posted by BassAle View Post
                          Senate rule allows the Majority leader to vote no on a failing bill to allow him to re-introduce it without rewriting it.

Comment

Originally posted by BassAle View Post
                            we'll see.

Comment

• Originally posted by bronconick View Post
                              Sadly, we can't do that. The 27th Amendment that stops current Congress from giving themselves raises also keeps anyone from cutting their pay. They have to pass a law going forward saying in the next Congress if the gov't shutdowns, no pay.
                              Plus, if Congreff has a signed appropriation, they can legally spend the peoples' money.
                              CCT '77 & '78
                              4 kids

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                              - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

Comment

And from the annals of history:

It is high time for me to put an end to your sitting in this place, which you have dishonored by your contempt of all virtue, and defiled by your practice of every vice; ye are a factious crew, and enemies to all good government; ye are a pack of mercenary wretches, and would like Esau sell your country for a mess of pottage, and like Judas betray your God for a few pieces of money.

Is there a single virtue now remaining amongst you? Is there one vice you do not possess? Ye have no more religion than my horse; gold is your God; which of you have not barter'd your conscience for bribes? Is there a man amongst you that has the least care for the good of the Commonwealth?

Ye sordid prostitutes have you not defil'd this sacred place, and turn'd the Lord's temple into a den of thieves, by your immoral principles and wicked practices? Ye are grown intolerably odious to the whole nation; you were deputed here by the people to get grievances redress'd, are yourselves gone! So! Take away that shining bauble there, and lock up the doors.

In the name of God, go!

Oliver Cromwell - April 20, 1653
                                CCT '77 & '78
                                4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Working...
                                X