This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 115th Congress - Still 100% Roy Moore Free

I thought it was funny that even St. Clown's favorite rep, Jason Lewis came out against Sessions going after weed. I guess the emotional stress of holding your slave in bondage can be pretty taxing if you can't get high.
    Originally posted by dicaslover
    Yep, you got it. I heart Maize.

Originally posted by Kristin
    Maybe I'm missing something but you just asked me which MSU I go to and then you knew the theme of my homecoming, how do you know one and not the other?

Western College Hockey Blog

Comment

Even a majority of Republicans now support marijuana legalization.

And Flag, there are at least two bills out there right now. A Virginia house member proposed one in February and Corey Booker proposed a bill in August for legalization.

Turns out there are doers, but some would rather not do anything and keep the prison gravy train rolling.
      Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
        I just know things were great in the 50s, and your Man is gonna take us back there.
        Pretty sure we were a nation of whiners in the 50s. Why else would JFK say in his inaugural address: "Ask not what your country can do for you; ask what you can do for your country."

Comment

Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
          Even a majority of Republicans now support marijuana legalization.

And Flag, there are at least two bills out there right now. A Virginia house member proposed one in February and Corey Booker proposed a bill in August for legalization.

Turns out there are doers, but some would rather not do anything and keep the prison gravy train rolling.
          That's good to know that there are bills, and that there's one in each house. Perhaps it's time for these Congressmen to start pushing those through their respective committees, then. Based on what I've been reading here, it has a good chance of being bi-partisan.

As for the PIC, if states want to keep it illegal, that's their prerogative. No one said this had to decide one way or the other federally; this is just for the federal government to get the heck out of the way.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
            To be fair, America decided long ago that drugs and alcohol are not "state's rights" issues. That's why we have schedules for drugs, the DEA and ATF, and why federal highway funding is tied to every state setting their legal drinking age at 21.

I agree that the federal laws should be changed to take marijuana off the list of Schedule 1 drugs, and move it under the purview of the renamed ATMF. It won't happen as long as Republicans control Congress and the White House, though. Heck, there are probably still some Dems getting money from big booze and big tobacco who wouldn't vote for it.
            Interstate Commerce was also used to try to justify the PPACA, too. As well as the National Maximum Speed Law from 1974-1995.

I wouldn't be so quick to put the blame on the Republicans as a means of selling the opposition, seeing how the Democrats had the chance in 2009-2011 to do it, and they didn't.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
              To be fair, America decided long ago that drugs and alcohol are not "state's rights" issues. That's why we have schedules for drugs, the DEA and ATF, and why federal highway funding is tied to every state setting their legal drinking age at 21.

I agree that the federal laws should be changed to take marijuana off the list of Schedule 1 drugs, and move it under the purview of the renamed ATMF. It won't happen as long as Republicans control Congress and the White House, though. Heck, there are probably still some Dems getting money from big booze and big tobacco who wouldn't vote for it.
              Oh I dont care...but I am not a fake Libertarian spouting States Rights for 8 years under Obama like Flaggy was. Whatever this personality is he was incommunicado for many years
              "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
              -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
              -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
              -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                Oh I dont care...but I am not a fake Libertarian spouting States Rights for 8 years under Obama like Flaggy was. Whatever this personality is he was incommunicado for many years
                I coulda sworn Flag started out as a Libertarian you could talk to, about ten years ago. He's gone round the bend with Videodrome media-induced dementia, but I can remember he once hated the Republicans too. Now he just laps up the urine puddle that Alex and Dump leave for him. Sad.
                Cornell University
                National Champion 1967, 1970
                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                  I coulda sworn Flag started out as a Libertarian you could talk to, about ten years ago. He's gone round the bend with Videodrome media-induced dementia, but I can remember in the day he actually hated the Republicans too. Now he just laps up the urine puddle that Alex and Dump leave for him. Sad.
                  There was a time I think around the end of the Dubya 2nd term (remember he voted for Dubya in 2000 cause he had an MBA! ) that he was pretty even keel about this stuff. He went right off he deep end right about the time the Tea Party showed up...
                  "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                  -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                  -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                  -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

That's happened to a lot of Republicans from 20 years ago. They've either ditched the party or gone full blown nutter! Seems there's no in between, although the Bush II and Trump Presidencies might have that effect on people.
                    Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                      I coulda sworn Flag started out as a Libertarian you could talk to, about ten years ago. He's gone round the bend with Videodrome media-induced dementia, but I can remember he once hated the Republicans too. Now he just laps up the urine puddle that Alex and Dump leave for him. Sad.
                      Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                      There was a time I think around the end of the Dubya 2nd term (remember he voted for Dubya in 2000 cause he had an MBA! ) that he was pretty even keel about this stuff. He went right off he deep end right about the time the Tea Party showed up...
                      Years of taking Uncle Alex's Wonderful Elixers will do that. The class action lawyers will soon be getting rich from it.

They will probably try hard to settle though; the injured class would not be too appealing to a jury.
                      Last edited by burd; 01-08-2018, 01:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
                        That's happened to a lot of Republicans from 20 years ago. They've either ditched the party or gone full blown nutter! Seems there's no in between, although the Bush II and Trump Presidencies might have that effect on people.
                        I'm not even sure it was 20 years ago that happened. I'm thinking around 8.95 years ago.

ETA: Actually, that's probably not quite right either. It's probably in the range of about 4.95-6.95 years ago
                        Code:
                        As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                        College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                        BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                        Originally posted by SanTropez
                        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                        Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                        I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                        Originally posted by Kepler
                        When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                          I'm not even sure it was 20 years ago that happened. I'm thinking around 8.95 years ago.

ETA: Actually, that's probably not quite right either. It's probably in the range of about 4.95-6.95 years ago
                          My rich, Catholic wing of the fam firmly Abandoned the gop during the bush jr years

Comment

I must say, I had a very good laugh from your interpretations of me.

I will say this though: In order to chart a course, you must first understand your point of origin, lest you travel in circles.

Comment

To me the GOP started becoming the party of old white baby boomers during the impeachment debacle. I knew a few moderate die hard Goopers who couldn't figure out why they were taking it that far. Didn't help that half the GOP Congress were perverts either picking up men in airport bathrooms, keeping 2nd families or out of wedlock children out of site while they preached Moral Majority BS, or who were paying for their mistresses abortions while proclaiming to be 100% pro-life.

Bush II Iraq War ended the pretense that you needed Republicans in charge of foreign policy.

So basically you're left with racists and bigots longing for a whiter nation who've found their champion in Chump. Once the baby boomers sail off into sunset, so will this current incarnation of the GOP.
                              Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Although we may be 100% Roy Moore free...we may not be Joe Arpaio free. He's running in AZ.
                                Go Gophers!

Comment

Working...
                                X