X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 115th Congress - Still 100% Roy Moore Free

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
    I think setting the limit on mortgage interest at $750K will make most working class whites happy. Even with being able to deduct $10K in SALT that change will hurt a lot of people.
    I will never understand why lowering the mortgage interest deduction would hurt the middle class. A million dollar home, I don't care where you live, might not be a palace but it means you're filthy stinkin' rich. Set it at the jumbo limit.
    Code:
    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
    Originally posted by SanTropez
    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
    Originally posted by Kepler
    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

I think setting the limit on mortgage interest at $750K will make most working class whites happy. Even with being able to deduct $10K in SALT that change will hurt a lot of people.
      You have a pretty strange definition of working class if it includes a lot of people with a half million dollar mortgage.

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
        A million dollar home, I don't care where you live, might not be a palace but it means you're filthy stinkin' rich.
        This is not true everywhere.

I grew up in a standard ranch house -- 4 bedroom, 2600 sq ft, 1/2 acre, in a suburb 35 miles from the city. My father paid for it with a 30-year mortgage on an engineer's salary. It's middle class. He bought it for $25k in 1962 and now it's assessed by the country at $850k. It will sell for over $1M when my Mom passes someday.

I'm actually OK paying a higher cap gain on it because it will screw my siblings, which I will enjoy. And I am OK going over the mortgage interest deduction limit and having to pay more because we all need to pay for those less fortunate. But it's not "rich," by any means. My family didn't in any way live high on the hog -- we weren't able to take lavish vacations. The only real "luxuries" were our educations, and those were primarily financed by my Dad's forward-looking and putting away bonds from the time we were born.

I know this sounds insane if it's $300k for the same house in MN, but it is what it is. As with SALT, location is everything.
        Last edited by Kepler; 12-13-2017, 02:30 PM.
        Cornell University
        National Champion 1967, 1970
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by French Rage View Post
          Don't they have to wait for Jones to take his seat to allow for the will of the people of Alabama? I mean, there's no specific rule about that, but nor was there one for the Supreme Court seat.
          They don't have to, Schumer.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
            This is not true everywhere.

I grew up in a standard ranch house -- 4 bedroom, 2600 sq ft, 1/2 acre, in a suburb 35 miles from the city. My father paid for it with a 30-year mortgage on an engineer's salary. It's middle class. He bought it for $25k in 1962 and now it's assessed by the country at $850k. It will sell for over $1M when my Mom passes someday.

I'm actually OK paying a higher cap gain on it because it will screw my siblings, which I will enjoy. But it's not rich by any means.

I know this sounds insane if it's $300k for the same house in MN, but it is what it is. As with SALT, location is everything.
            Should someone in Minnesota have to subsidize the cost of a house in NY though? Subsidizing mortgage interest was a mistake to begin with and I think $400K or so should be the limit.
            Originally posted by BobbyBrady
            Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Should someone in Minnesota have to subsidize the cost of a house in NY though? Subsidizing mortgage interest was a mistake to begin with and I think $400K or so should be the limit.
              May as well ask the same question about SALT.

Like I said, I'm in favor of taxing the hell out of the upper middle class if the money goes to the lower middle class and the Poors, and if we soak the wealthy even more. I'm all over it.

But it's not "rich." Rich means you labor for pleasure or ideals, not work for the slavery of need. If I were rich I would not have "worked" a day in my life.
              Cornell University
              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                A million dollar home, I don't care where you live, might not be a palace but it means you're filthy stinkin' rich. Set it at the jumbo limit.
                Far, far from it.

Comment

Originally posted by French Rage View Post
                  Don't they have to wait for Jones to take his seat to allow for the will of the people of Alabama? I mean, there's no specific rule about that, but nor was there one for the Supreme Court seat.
                  LOL. You're not familiar with Turtle Boy are you.
                  **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                  Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Mo Brooks (R), he of the "People who leave good lives don't get cancer" during the Obamacare repeal debate has prostate cancer.
                    "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
                      Mo Brooks (R), he of the "People who leave good lives don't get cancer" during the Obamacare repeal debate has prostate cancer.
                      Cornell University

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                        +1
                        It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
                          Celebrate it, liberals! Live down to the conservadope stereotype.

Comment

Read somewhere that Roy Moore is going to start learning to play the guitar. The first chord he'll learn is A Minor.
                            Uncle Mickey: July 23, 1950-July 22, 2003

WRPI, 91.5 FM...usually color commentary.

Comment

From Elizabeth Warren's Facebook. Read it and tell me the parties are the same.

Mitch McConnell wants to delay seating Alabama’s new senator – Democrat Doug Jones – until after the Republicans jam through a final vote on their tax scam. When Massachusetts shocked the country and elected a Republican to the Senate seat Ted Kennedy had held for years, Democrats delayed a final vote on the Affordable Care Act until after Scott Brown was seated. The GOP should listen to the people of Alabama, respect the democratic process, and do the same now.
                              **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                              Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                                If I were rich I would not have "worked" a day in my life.
                                If I were rich(and younger) I'd be working an organic farm
                                I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Working...
                                X