X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
    Same.
    Joe still votes R, and you don't even vote, so you don't get credit for other people saving you from yourselves.

Comment

• Re: 115th Congress - Still 100% Roy Moore Free

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
      Hopefully when she runs again a Democrat beats her. I think moderate Republicans need to start getting crushed for their complete lack of a backbone.
      she's getting it from both sides now. The nut jobs call her a RINO and a democrat. She's losing the independents and moderate democrats over taxes (and confirming unqualified Trump nominations) that help put her in office. If she had run for reelection right after voting down the ObamaCare repeal, she would have won with 70% of the vote. It's going to be hard to get rid of her, but lots of people are angry in Maine.

Comment

Originally posted by BassAle View Post
        she's getting it from both sides now. The nut jobs call her a RINO and a democrat. She's losing the independents and moderate democrats over taxes (and confirming unqualified Trump nominations) that help put her in office. If she had run for reelection right after voting down the ObamaCare repeal, she would have won with 70% of the vote. It's going to be hard to get rid of her, but lots of people are angry in Maine.
        It will be interesting to watch. I warned in her in a couple of tweets that what she was doing was wrong but she didn't listen to me, obviously.
        **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
        Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

She can go **** herself.
          I was watching coverage of this last night and I actually yelled, “Bye, Felicia!” from the other room. I can’t wait until her duplicitous *** is voted out.
          Code:
          As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
          College Hockey 6       College Football 0
          BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
          Originally posted by SanTropez
          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
          Originally posted by bigblue_dl
          I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
          Originally posted by Kepler
          When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by unofan View Post
            Joe still votes R, and you don't even vote, so you don't get credit for other people saving you from yourselves.
            For the most part yes. I find that the Ds in Montgomery County MD are a bit too moon batty for my tastes. If there was a centrist whose positions were close to my own, I don't care who or what party they are.

They're scarce here in MoCo.
            CCT '77 & '78
            4 kids
            5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
            1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
            - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

For those who think the Republicans can't win in 2018, read and learn. The Democrats better have a concise, well thought out plan to combat this entire list or they will lose again.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.d434c19739cc

On the other hand, it’s equally remarkable that not a single Democrat in either chamber voted for this, including all 10 of the senators up for reelection next year in states Trump won. “Democratic obstruction of middle-class tax reform will be our No. 1 issue going into next year’s elections,” said Senate Leadership Fund President and CEO Steven Law, a former chief of staff to Mitch McConnell.
              Last edited by ScoobyDoo; 12-20-2017, 10:09 AM.
              **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
              Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

For those who think the Republicans can't win in 2018, read and learn. The Democrats better have a concise, well thought out plan to combat this entire list or they will lose again.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.d434c19739cc
                Excellent points. Especially important is the first one -- that a lot of people will pay lower taxes (article didn't say why, but I assume this is because of the standard deduction increase) this year. And the ones who pay higher taxes will be people in places that were probably going to vote Democratic anyway. The fact that a lot of people will pay lower taxes is especially damaging because those folks who pay lower taxes will say "Hey, the mainline press said this was a bad idea, but I'm paying lower taxes," which exacerbates a different problem.

This was a classic "screw people who wouldn't be voting for us anyway."

For me, this will mean higher taxes, possibly substantially higher, but I will continue to live relatively comfortably. Probably means lower taxes for my kids. So frankly, I could live with many of the changes if I were convinced that folks above me on the economic scale were also paying more. But they're not.
                Last edited by CLS; 12-20-2017, 10:33 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by CLS View Post
                  Excellent points. Especially important is the first one -- that a lot of people will pay lower taxes (article didn't say why, but I assume this is because of the standard deduction increase) this year. And the ones who pay higher taxes will be people in places that were probably going to vote Democratic anyway. The fact that a lot of people will pay lower taxes is especially damaging because those folks who pay lower taxes will say "Hey, the mainline press said this was a bad idea, but I'm paying lower taxes," which exacerbates a different problem.

This was a classic "screw people who wouldn't be voting for us anyway."

For me, this will mean higher taxes, possibly substantially higher, but I will continue to live relatively comfortably. My children will pay lower taxes. And frankly, I could live with that if I were convinced that folks above me on the economic scale were also paying more. But I'm not.
                  No one (who files once a year in April) will have done their taxes for 2018 by the time they vote. There was speculation yesterday that Trump may not sign the new bill until January as well, which would mean it is implemented in 2019, giving the Rs a chance to "fix" any issues they come across with the version passed.

Comment

Originally posted by jerphisch View Post
                    No one (who files once a year in April) will have done their taxes for 2018 by the time they vote.
                    they might notice the withholding change in their paycheck

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                      Not only that but when liberals complained conservatives went on a rampage saying that was paranoid and that while the images were destroyed the ballots were preserved, and a recount is done with the ballots.

Flag doesn't just read InfoWars, he forgets what InfoWars was saying five minutes ago when they reverse themselves. We have always been at was with Eastasia.
                      Oceana has never been at war with Eurasia, Oceana has always been at war with Eastasia.
                      "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Is that a reference or meme I should know?
                        Code:
                        As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                        College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                        BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                        Originally posted by SanTropez
                        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                        Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                        I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                        Originally posted by Kepler
                        When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by jerphisch View Post
                          No one (who files once a year in April) will have done their taxes for 2018 by the time they vote. There was speculation yesterday that Trump may not sign the new bill until January as well, which would mean it is implemented in 2019, giving the Rs a chance to "fix" any issues they come across with the version passed.
                          Yes, good point. But there will be (in fact already are) apps that permit folks to calculate what their taxes will be.

Comment

Originally posted by BassAle View Post
                            they might notice the withholding change in their paycheck
                            What percentage of people see paychecks compared to direct deposit?
                            "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                                As CLS said, 1984. The Inner Party sets out new missives through its official news reports and loudspeaker systems, every so often changing which nation has always been its enemy. Upon announcement, the bulk of the population immediately believing it to be true due to their conditioning/brainwashing.
                                "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Working...
                                X