Star Wars VIII: The Last Jedi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
    Trekkies are far, far nerdier than Star Warsians and probably far less likely to get laid. Star Wars attracts a lot of casual louts from the Great Entertainment Rump. Oprah probably likes Star Wars. Star Trek is much more hard SF (and much, much more male).

Star Trek is for people good at math. Star Wars is for nerds who want to be popular and popular people who think Big Bang Theory is smart.
    My Lord you just enjoy sounding like an *** (while also being wrong) all the time about every subject don't you

Outside of maybe a hardcore few most like both. The supposed divide is bs. I know zero people who take sides and that includes when I worked at a comic shop where the nerdiest of the nerds came.
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Re: Star Wars VIII: The Last Jedi

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
      My Lord you just enjoy sounding like an *** (while also being wrong) all the time about every subject don't you

Outside of maybe a hardcore few most like both. The supposed divide is bs. I know zero people who take sides and that includes when I worked at a comic shop where the nerdiest of the nerds came.
      When I was at Star Wars Celebration I saw a guy dressed in full Spock regalia...the authentic blue uniform, the ears, everything. He said he goes to Star Trek Conventions dressed as Luke or Han.

Comment

Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
        When I was at Star Wars Celebration I saw a guy dressed in full Spock regalia...the authentic blue uniform, the ears, everything. He said he goes to Star Trek Conventions dressed as Luke or Han.
        So in other words, a real-life troll. He's looking for the 10% or so who will give him sh*t for that, and the 10% of SW fans casual/stupid enough to ask what character he is.

Comment

The problem wasn't Luke hiding from what he told me...but why he hid. I can see his point based on the little I know.

Obiwon and Yoda hid to protect what was left of the Jedi so they could fight another day. Not so much Luke who it sounds like (again haven't seen it so cut me slack) quit for kinda whiny reasons.

I mean I know he walked it back later but Mark Hamill wasn't a fan of it either.

I will judge for myself next week. I have pretty low expectations so I am sure I will enjoy it for what it is either way
          You'll learn he has a big reason for hiding, and yes, part of it is him being his usual whiny, failure of a Jedi.

Comment

FFS, I went to The Nerd Capital of the Upper Midwest. I'm not a Trekkie, but I know a thing or two about them.

We know Kep's type. The guy who unexpectedly slipped into Cornell (or Michigan - same difference ) with a comfortably above average 1200-1300 SAT or 28-29 ACT, but thinks he's an intellectual god.

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
              You'll learn he has a big reason for hiding, and yes, part of it is him being his usual whiny, failure of a Jedi.
              I got the gist why...not sure I liked it much but it will come down to execution. The books that aren't canon now handled it better from what I gather.

And yeah Kep kinda wreaks of the guy who got into a name school based probably on residency more than grades but still likes to act like he aced the SAT . He also reminds me of Andy on The Office
              "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
              -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
              -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
              -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

I got the gist why...not sure I liked it much but it will come down to execution. The books that aren't canon now handled it better from what I gather.
                Ugh. The SW book nerds (whom I'll note wouldn't be a thing without the first movie, unlike many other franchises) are the worst whiners when it comes to the SW movies, and of course the biggest haters of the "Disnification" of the series. You're best off letting them continue to live in mom's basement, and just watch the dang movie. Objectively, worst case scenario, it's a C+ popcorn flick. But in the context of the rest of these movies, it's solidly in B+/A- territory.
                Last edited by FadeToBlack&Gold; 12-28-2017, 07:55 PM.

Comment

Liam Neeson was a good actor, and I agree he's now phoning it in. He was great in Michael Collins, for example.

And Natalie Portman is a good actress. Don't ever compare her to that piece of trash actress Keira. Keira can almost ruin a movie moreso than Renee Zellwegger. Yeah, I said it.
                  Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                  Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                    FFS, I went to The Nerd Capital of the Upper Midwest. I'm not a Trekkie, but I know a thing or two about them.

We know Kep's type. The guy who unexpectedly slipped into Cornell (or Michigan - same difference ) with a comfortably above average 1200-1300 SAT or 28-29 ACT, but thinks he's an intellectual god.
                    770/760 since you asked. We do not recognize the ACT in the portion of the country that has street lights and indoor plumbing.
                    Cornell University
                    National Champion 1967, 1970
                    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                      Keira can almost ruin a movie moreso than Renee Zellwegger. Yeah, I said it.
                      Blake Lively in The Town.
                      Cornell University
                      National Champion 1967, 1970
                      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

This will go down as the greatest Star Wars movie simply because someone finally told C3PO to shut the hell up.

Minnesota's Pride On Ice: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002 & 2003 NCAA National Champions

And the preacher said, you know you always have the Lord by your side
                        And I was so pleased to be informed of this that I ran
                        Twenty red lights in his honor
                        Thank you Jesus, thank you Lord

~Mick Jagger/Keith Richards

Comment

• Originally posted by Greyeagle View Post
                          This will go down as the greatest Star Wars movie simply because someone finally told C3PO to shut the hell up.
                          Leia did it in Empire.
                          the state of hockey is good

Comment

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
                            Leia did it in Empire.
                            That is because Leia is a badarse.
                            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                            Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                              Ugh. The SW book nerds (whom I'll note wouldn't be a thing without the first movie, unlike many other franchises) are the worst whiners when it comes to the SW movies, and of course the biggest haters of the "Disnification" of the series. You're best off letting them continue to live in mom's basement, and just watch the dang movie. Objectively, worst case scenario, it's a C+ popcorn flick. But in the context of the rest of these movies, it's solidly in B+/A- territory.
                              I like the books but I didn't cry they don't matter now.

I just want this to be better than Rogue One...that movie was a waste.
                              -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

The Last Jedi is now the #1 film at the domestic box office for 2017, passing $500 million this weekend. It also crossed $1 billion globally and will likely pass Beauty and the Beast's $1.2 billion global take next weekend to become the top grossing film of the year.

After becoming the first studio to hit $5 billion in grosses in consecutive years Disney stepped it up and crossed $6 billion this weekend.

Comment

Working...
                                X