X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: POTUS 45.25: Oh Jesus, What Now

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
    Are other candidates asked the same questions?
    They would be asked similar questions yes. Especially when they have ****ed near zero experience in law and are being appointed to a judgeship. This is basic stuff...

Again though, why would a Republican (especially one that isnt on the outs with Brainless Leader) try and embarrass the nominee of his party leader? What does he hope to accomplish? The soundbyte isnt going to help him in any way...so what is the end game?

But just for funsies...what is so bad about the questions he asked? What about them is so awful? Be specific because you are so outraged about it. Then answer this question...have you ever actually been interviewed with for a job that is above fry cook at McDonalds and if so, didnt they ask you questions to see if you had the requisite knowledge and experience to do the job? This guy is not being nominated as a third rate flunky clerking for a state judge...he is going to get a life term as a judge in Federal Court. Should he not know the basics of the Rule of Law? Should he not know how a trial works?

If you cant do basic math should you be teaching kids Algebra?
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

If only I had his looks, charm, money, and intelligence
      Sadly Trump is smarter than you. You should be ashamed of that...
      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
        They would be asked similar questions yes. Especially when they have ****ed near zero experience in law and are being appointed to a judgeship. This is basic stuff...

Again though, why would a Republican (especially one that isnt on the outs with Brainless Leader) try and embarrass the nominee of his party leader? What does he hope to accomplish? The soundbyte isnt going to help him in any way...so what is the end game?

But just for funsies...what is so bad about the questions he asked? What about them is so awful? Be specific because you are so outraged about it. Then answer this question...have you ever actually been interviewed with for a job that is above fry cook at McDonalds and if so, didnt they ask you questions to see if you had the requisite knowledge and experience to do the job? This guy is not being nominated as a third rate flunky clerking for a state judge...he is going to get a life term as a judge in Federal Court. Should he not know the basics of the Rule of Law? Should he not know how a trial works?

If you cant do basic math should you be teaching kids Algebra?
        My guess is Kennedy wants the attention and maybe has designs on higher office. I don't mind Kennedy asking him a question or two to feel him out, but there was no need to try to humiliate the poor guy.

Are you contending when someone starts a new job they should know every detail about how it works? He definitely should have been prepared better, but perhaps the reason he wasn't was because of his current responsibilities.

What does the fact the Bar Association signed off on him mean? Have they had some bad misses in the past?
        Originally posted by BobbyBrady
        Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

That’s f’ing bs what Kennedy did and represents everything that is wrong with politics today. He couldn’t have cared less whether Petersen was qualified or not, he just wanted some dumb little soundbite.
          I hope this is satire, or you really are lost.

Comment

My guess is Kennedy wants the attention and maybe has designs on higher office. I don't mind Kennedy asking him a question or two to feel him out, but there was no need to try to humiliate the poor guy.

Are you contending when someone starts a new job they should know every detail about how it works? He definitely should have been prepared better, but perhaps the reason he wasn't was because of his current responsibilities.

What does the fact the Bar Association signed off on him mean? Have they had some bad misses in the past?
            Kennedy likely went into the hearing with a handful of pre-prepared questions about Petersen and was going to ask most of them regardless of the answers. Many of these questions, as has been pointed out repeatedly, should be common knowledge for anyone who wants a seat on a U.S. District court. You couldn't be much further off with your comment about knowing every detail of how a new job should work. On the contrary, these questions reveal he doesn't even begin to have the requisite experience or knowledge for the job he was nominated for. With all due fairness to you as a person Drew, YOU actually represent a lot of what is wrong with politics today. You are why I have so little faith that the tailspin we are in won't stop until we auger into the ground.

Comment

Are you contending when someone starts a new job they should know every detail about how it works?
              Have you any idea how far short he came from knowing "every detail how it works?"

Wrong question. Have you any idea how far short he cam from knowing the basic concepts? I mean, since you are covering for him.

Comment

Why don't you do some research, and come tell us some of the questions that district court judge nominees are asked?
                What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Asking him a few basic questions that any law school graduate should know the answers to is humiliating him?

The only thing humiliating him is his gross unfitness for the job.
                  What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Wow, he might be fired by Monday am...

BREAKING: One of President Trump's lawyers is claiming that special counsel Robert Mueller obtained tens of thousands of emails from the Trump transition team illegally and that Mueller now has access to all of the teams' messages, including ones with privileged information.

I’d be shocked if this republican appointed by a republican who has a history of being impeccable really obtained this without proper channels.
                    Last edited by Deutsche Gopher Fan; 12-16-2017, 05:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                      Wow, he might be fired by Monday am...

BREAKING: One of President Trump's lawyers is claiming that special counsel Robert Mueller obtained tens of thousands of emails from the Trump transition team illegally and that Mueller now has access to all of the teams' messages, including ones with privileged information.

I’d be shocked if this republican appointed by a republican who has a history of being impeccable really obtained this without proper channels.
                      https://www.axios.com/scoop-mueller-...517994590.html

How it happened: The sources say Mueller obtained the emails from the General Services Administration, the government agency that hosted the transition email system, which had addresses ending in “ptt.gov," for Presidential Transition Team

The seven-page later, obtained by Axios, says: "We understand that the Special Counsel's Office has subsequently made extensive use of the materials it obtained from the GSA, including materials that are susceptible to privilege claims."
                      The letter says this was a violation of Fourth Amendment protections against unreasonable search and seizure.
                      "Additionally, certain portions of the [transition] materials the Special Counsel's Office obtained from the GSA, including materials that are susceptible to privilege claims, have been leaked to the press by unknown persons."
                      It would seem that going through the GSA would be a perfectly reasonable process. They're just ****ed because they got caught off guard (because mustache guy and friends are possibly not very good lawyers).

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                      iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                      gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                      Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                      Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                      TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                      DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

I can’t tell if they know it’s a lie and this is just the push to outrage the people with IQs below 70 who support trump, or if his lawyers are that stupid.
                        Look at his nominees, could be either

Comment

Twitter thread from a former federal prosecutor: https://twitter.com/renato_mariotti/...68454647484417

- Happens all of the time in white collar cases, is legal.
                          - If it happens, it means they had a warrant from a judge.
                          - If there is something privileged, the defense can raise the issue in court and it can be excluded from trial, but the initial getting of the evidence is still perfectly legal.
                          - If you do object, object to a judge. Not to Congress. Unless of course the sole purpose for bringing up this (perfectly legal) action is to try to get public support for firing the head of an investigation into you.

KDR

gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."

Comment

• Originally posted by French Rage View Post
                            Twitter thread from a former federal prosecutor: https://twitter.com/renato_mariotti/...68454647484417

- Happens all of the time in white collar cases, is legal.
                            - If it happens, it means they had a warrant from a judge.
                            - If there is something privileged, the defense can raise the issue in court and it can be excluded from trial, but the initial getting of the evidence is still perfectly legal.
                            - If you do object, object to a judge. Not to Congress. Unless of course the sole purpose for bringing up this (perfectly legal) action is to try to get public support for firing the head of an investigation into you.
                            It’s public support. Trump will be tweeting soon

Comment

Are you suggesting they did enough research to know this guy knew nothing about the job and therefore asked him these questions in order to embarrass him?

If not, then he must have gotten the standard questions.

If so, then they must do some level of research into the candidates they are asked to approve. If they know a candidate has a solid history as a trial judge, do you think they ask him what a motion in limine is? Of course not. Anyone who has sat through a single jury trial would know that.

I think you and I can assume they ask questions concerning matters about which they have concern. If a candidate appears unqualified, they want to know how unqualified. At least, I hope like hell they are doing that to protect me from having grossly unqualified judges administering the law in my district.

Once in a great while they probably uncover an embarrassingly unqualified candidate. Not just one they disagree with--one who is just thoroughly out of his or her water. We know now that can happen with the office of POTUS. Fortunately POTUS is not a lifetime appointment.

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                                It’s public support. Trump will be tweeting soon
                                The President is just upset that the prosecutors wants to hear the original tapes rather than rely on his administration's summaries of them.

Oh wait, my bad, that was the other time that this case keeps mirroring.

KDR

Comment

Working...
                                X