This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
    If your cable/satellite/other tv provider added a new channel that exclusively showed live footage of abortions, would you continue to subscribe to that cable/satellite/other tv provider?
    I wouldn't subscribe to that channel, just as you wouldn't subscribe to a channel that was 24/7/365 revival meetings (well, neither would I, and I doubt that you would watch the abortion channel either).

I think of the 200+ channels on my system, I probably watch 10 regularly and maybe 10 more if something good is on. The rest doesn't hold my interest or is garbage.
    CCT '77 & '78
    4 kids
    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
      I listen to them about 4 hours a day. This is going to be a very difficult decision.
      Agreed. I listen to them a lot in my work truck. But, I don't see this hurting them any more than when O&A's listeners called and canceled when they were suspended, and again when Anthony was fired.

The Right Wing station has been on air for a long time. I believe it's aired Alex Jones segments/shows before.

As of right now, I'll listen to XM 125 as much as I did before. Zero minutes. Just as much as I listen to Howard Stern. Zero minutes. Thinking about this as I type it, I'll probably keep my subscription, but voice my displeasure with a call to customer service.

For those that do call to cancel, enjoy your three or six months free service as a way to keep you in the XM family without actually canceling the service.
      “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
        For a while, I had the TLC channel, which was BS. Those other channels, though.....

I understand the sentiment, but don't agree with it. Just don't watch that channel. The ratings will take care of the glitch. How many folks hate Howard Stern? Or (insert whoever)?
        I mean I don’t like stern, but don’t hate either. Just don’t care. Just like I think Lifetime Channel and country music is terrible. But none of them offend me like a Bannon.

Comment

Re: POTUS 45.25: Oh Jesus, What Now

Also, on the flip side, have these same celebrities that have publicly stated they're boycotting SiriusXM also boycotting these FM stations that simulcast Alex Jones and other similar programming or their sister owned stations?
          “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
            I wouldn't subscribe to that channel, just as you wouldn't subscribe to a channel that was 24/7/365 revival meetings (well, neither would I, and I doubt that you would watch the abortion channel either).

I think of the 200+ channels on my system, I probably watch 10 regularly and maybe 10 more if something good is on. The rest doesn't hold my interest or is garbage.
            What if the subscription to the death baby channel was not a choice? Your viewing of the gun channel goes to the abortion channel.

Much like all cable subs go to ESPN even if you don’t watch.

Comment

That really wasn't my question, but more along the lines of what if they add the abortion channel to the base package that everyone has to have. You obviously wouldn't watch it (I'm not sure who would), but would you still keep your subscription?

As I noted before, I think this issue is very similar to the people who got all upset and quit watching the NFL due to a few players kneeling/protesting during the National Anthem. They could easily not watch the initial segment of the game (although, IINM they aren't televising the anthems any more), but choose to boycott the NFL entirely as a protest. That is the exact same thing as the people who are cancelling their Sirius subscriptions as a protest to Bannon. They could just as easily not tune into the channel.

Personally, I really don't care what is showing/airing on channels I'm not watching.
              North Dakota
              National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
                That really wasn't my question, but more along the lines of what if they add the abortion channel to the base package that everyone has to have. You obviously wouldn't watch it (I'm not sure who would), but would you still keep your subscription?

As I noted before, I think this issue is very similar to the people who got all upset and quit watching the NFL due to a few players kneeling/protesting during the National Anthem. They could easily not watch the initial segment of the game (although, IINM they aren't televising the anthems any more), but choose to boycott the NFL entirely as a protest. That is the exact same thing as the people who are cancelling their Sirius subscriptions as a protest to Bannon. They could just as easily not tune into the channel.

Personally, I really don't care what is showing/airing on channels I'm not watching.
                You're confusing harmed with offended. Of course I'd be offended if such a channel was offered, but I am not harmed. I would ask, pray, protest (maybe) that the channel be dropped. If they don't, I'd block the channel and move on.

We're becoming a nation of making mountains out of every molehill.
                CCT '77 & '78
                4 kids
                5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

We're becoming a nation of making mountains out of every molehill.
                  Like whining about "Happy Holidays" instead of "Merry Christmas"?

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                    Or a Starbucks cup.
                    Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                    Originally posted by Quizmire
                    mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                    MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                    MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                    I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Sirius is barely worth the money now and adding Rosie O'donnell's less masculine twin is the straw that broke the camel's back
                      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                        Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                          Sirius is barely worth the money now and adding Rosie O'donnell's less masculine twin is the straw that broke the camel's back
                          Yeah I only had it cause it came with the new car last year. Can just use pandora or something else.

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                            Yeah I only had it cause it came with the new car last year. Can just use pandora or something else.
                            Yep, had the free trial, but just not worth it. I just burn MP3 discs to my liking.
                            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                            Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Someone definitely got the goods on him, no question. It's plain as day with this level of shilling.

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                                JBER: Joint Base Elmendorf–Richardson
                                ANC: I'm guessing Anchorage?

From context I'm guessing JBER is a flight training facility while ANC is the real operational deal?
                                JBER is, as you said, Joint Base Elmendorf-Richardson, the large Air Force and Army base in Anchorage. It is one of the major bases for the F-22.

ANC is Anchorage International, actually Ted Stevens Anchorage International Airport.

Having F-22s parked on the tarmac at a somewhat major airport is highly unusual. Although it turns out they were forced there due to bad weather.
                                U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                                Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                                I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                                But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                                Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                                Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Working...
                                X