X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: POTUS 45.25: Oh Jesus, What Now

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
    Whatever happened to the idea of respecting a person's decision to either vote or not vote? You guys have sat here and attacked Brent for 13 months over his decision not to cast a vote. No disrespect intended, but it's none of your god**** business whether, or why, he chose to sit out that vote.
    It's a discussion board. He offered it up.
    Code:
    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
    Originally posted by SanTropez
    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
    Originally posted by Kepler
    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
      Nah, he seems more like a guy taking the opposite point of view and arguing it beyond the point of reason to get a rise out of people. I can totally respect that, but after the billionth time its like "does this guy have an actual life?"

So, if you don't like the heat, stay out of the fire. Brent gets about what he deserves out here.
      I haven't really seen trolling from him, just offering up an opinion you happen to disagree with. I'm sure he has an actual life. It almost seems like, from your response, that it is your intention to make this an "echo chamber".

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
        It's a discussion board. He offered it up.
        He offered that he didn't vote. Everything else he's posted on the subject has been in response to unwarranted and strident attacks against that decision.
        That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Attack his decision all you want -- that's fair game. But don't ad hom him unless he does you first. I mean, ideally, not even then, but "I understan'."
          Cornell University
          National Champion 1967, 1970
          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Whatever happened to the idea of respecting a person's decision to either vote or not vote? You guys have sat here and attacked Brent for 13 months over his decision not to cast a vote. No disrespect intended, but it's none of your god**** business whether, or why, he chose to sit out that vote.
            W The F are you talking about? Like not voting is some time honored American tradition, right up there with baseball and fireworks on the 4th of July. It's not. Typical disingenuous un-American "conservative".

The privacy of one's vote is a time honored tradition. Not voting at all is a slap in the face to everyone who has done anything to build or protect this country. Not voting is LIGHT YEARS more disrespectful than kneeling during the national anthem or burning the flag. The flag and the anthem are just symbols of what people fought and died for, voting is literally the thing they fought and died for. Unconscionable garbage both you and Brent are putting out.
            I went home with a waitress the way I always do
            How was I to know she was with the russians, too?

Comment

He offered that he didn't vote. Everything else he's posted on the subject has been in response to unwarranted and strident attacks against that decision.
              No. He offered up Hillary would destroy the country with nothing to back it up. If I don't back up my claims I get destroyed.
              **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
              Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by E.J. Smith View Post
                W The F are you talking about? Like not voting is some time honored American tradition, right up there with baseball and fireworks on the 4th of July. It's not. Typical disingenuous un-American "conservative".

The privacy of one's vote is a time honored tradition. Not voting at all is a slap in the face to everyone who has done anything to build or protect this country. Not voting is LIGHT YEARS more disrespectful than kneeling during the national anthem or burning the flag. The flag and the anthem are just symbols of what people fought and died for, voting is literally the thing they fought and died for. Unconscionable garbage both you and Brent are putting out.
                Forcing a person to vote, especially if it is in a certain way, is much more egregious. It is used in many totalitarian regimes that have the illusion of choice, for example North Korea. Those who build and protect the country give the ability to its citizens to spit in its face if they desire. Granted there'll be some stiff social consequences, but that's what comes with freedom being a two way street.

Comment

if the right leaning independents don’t vote because they’re so unhappy with the trumps and Moore’s of the GOP but they refuse to vote for the democrats because “well they’re bad too” it just gives the nutjobs a bigger voice. The current GOP needs to die so it might get replaced by a more sane opposition party. The only way for that to happen is for the Democrats to sweep them out of office. Any vote that doesn’t help accomplish that is bad for all of us.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                    No. He offered up Hillary would destroy the country with nothing to back it up. If I don't back up my claims I get destroyed.
                    To be fair, no one would truly know what would have happened, as that is one of the most overlooked consequences when, with two roads diverged in a yellow wood, choosing one without seeing the entire road ahead. What may have been had the other road been chosen? It doesn't even fall under hindsight. As much as many will kick and scream, I'll roll with the choice that we did make, and the choices that we do make. It's the only true way to live life.

Comment

Originally posted by BassAle View Post
                      Sorry, but “both sides are bad so i won’t vote” argument is seriously flawed
                      So this makes everything he says moot? This makes no sense to me. Even more it makes me think that if this is the exact type of response that makes us so messed up as a country. If you want to move forward you need to understand where the other side is coming from. Dismiss them, after deciding what they said through the lens of what you judged them to be a yr ago? Not really constructive. As I said before- I do not agree with many things he says but there are some things he is spot on about, no matter how uncomfortable that makes folks or how much we wish they weren't.

Try reading the posts without reading who posts them. Other than Flaggy, who posts things so absurd he sticks out, some of the points made by others are valid. Not necessarily pleasant to think about but... I must be in the minority but I enjoy trying to understand what makes people who don't think like me tick. I might think their logic is seriously flawed but that makes it even more interesting to try to understand what might make them think that way. (OK, sometimes it defies logic- like evangelicals thingking tRump is the Saviour)

Comment

Originally posted by BassAle View Post
                        if the right leaning independents don’t vote because they’re so unhappy with the trumps and Moore’s of the GOP but they refuse to vote for the democrats because “well they’re bad too” it just gives the nutjobs a bigger voice. The current GOP needs to die so it might get replaced by a more sane opposition party. The only way for that to happen is for the Democrats to sweep them out of office. Any vote that doesn’t help accomplish that is bad for all of us.
                        Only one problem with that: I give you 2007-2010. What happened was exactly what you're calling for, and the inverse within the past couple years. It's what happens when a duopoly becomes so powerful that it creates an illusion of choice. The right did it with Trump. The left had a chance to do it with Bernie, until Hill-dawg rigged the primary, which sadly made the vote not really matter at all.

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
                          Other than Flaggy, who posts things so absurd he sticks out
                          Those who are outspoken are typically the ones that are honest. Always beware those that speak softly, for they may carry a big stick.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                            Forcing a person to vote, especially if it is in a certain way, is much more egregious. It is used in many totalitarian regimes that have the illusion of choice, for example North Korea. Those who build and protect the country give the ability to its citizens to spit in its face if they desire. Granted there'll be some stiff social consequences, but that's what comes with freedom being a two way street.
                            I know you're slow but can you at least try for coherency every once in a while. Nowhere did I mention force - go ahead, read my post again, we can wait - m'kay? Good boy, wasn't hard, was it? It's called civics, it's called being a citizen, you don't do it because you have to, you do it because it's the right thing to do. You don't like either of the candidates, write one in, you can do that. And not Mickey Mouse. Think of the best person for the job and write that name in. They'll see it, maybe it will make them think. Maybe they'll run next time. Those votes are not wasted.

"I don't vote cuz no one is good"
                            "Not voting is a time honored tradition"
                            "Votin' is wut diktayturs make people do"

This is why we can't have nice things in this country.
                            I went home with a waitress the way I always do
                            How was I to know she was with the russians, too?

Comment

Originally posted by E.J. Smith View Post
                              I know you're slow but can you at least try for coherency every once in a while. Nowhere did I mention force - go ahead, read my post again, we can wait - m'kay? Good boy, wasn't hard, was it? It's called civics, it's called being a citizen, you don't do it because you have to, you do it because it's the right thing to do. You don't like either of the candidates, write one in, you can do that. And not Mickey Mouse. Think of the best person for the job and write that name in. They'll see it, maybe it will make them think. Maybe they'll run next time. Those votes are not wasted.

"I don't vote cuz no one is good"
                              "Not voting is a time honored tradition"
                              "Votin' is wut diktayturs make people do"

This is why we can't have nice things in this country.
                              And maybe you should read my post again. Nowhere did I say not voting is a "time honored tradition." I posted that it is a citizen's right to choose not to vote, a right that Brent (and many others) chose to exercise.
                              That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                                ... between the choice of what I believe was described as between a ham sandwich and a pile of dog doo ...
                                Incorrect.
                                The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Working...
                                X