This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
    Hillary was not a 3rd Obama term. Her first clue was insulting more than half of America (deplorables remark; that covered the people who voted for Trump, AND the non-voters that didn't think was the right candidate).
    So because Hill was mean to nazis you didn’t vote for her? That’s your reason?

Comment

• Re: POTUS 45.25: Oh Jesus, What Now

Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
      So because Hill was mean to nazis you didn’t vote for her? That’s your reason?
      Pretty much. As we've seen, Hill was right. But, can't insult those murderers who came to Charlottesville by calling them out for what they are...
      Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
        Pretty much. As we've seen, Hill was right. But, can't insult those murderers who came to Charlottesville by calling them out for what they are...
        Brent thinks there were good people in there. They were wearing button down shirts and khakis, ferchrissakes. Nice boys.
        What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

There's right and there's stupid. God is a myth and religion is a con, but I don't see a lot of successful candidates getting up there and making a point of it on the stump.

One of the oldest facts of democracy, in particular democracy in America, is you pretend the stupid part of the electorate isn't stupid. You kiss babies and go to church and pretend you're enthralled but whatever idiotic tripe drops from their slathering, slack-jawed maws. Stupidity isn't just incurable, it's vindictive as f-ck. Stay upwind of it. That's how you win elections. It's just not that hard.
          Cornell University
          National Champion 1967, 1970
          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Don't really understand why anybody engages with him. Flaggy is kind of amusing because he's nuts. Brent just seems lonely and is trying to make up for a lack of social contact by adopting ridiculous contrarian arguments with strangers on a message board to fill up his day. Sorta sad in a way...
            That applies to a majority of the frequent posters on these threads, doesn't it ?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
            I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

https://youtu.be/2edPJ19_tYg
              CCT '77 & '78
              4 kids
              5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
              1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
              - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Brent - stop playing victim and realize some of the commentary being sent your way is absolutely fair yet you still deflect
                Others - noting his deflections I find some of the characterizations snet his way slightly over the top

K thanks

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                  "Dave's a mess."
                  Cornell University
                  ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                  Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                    That applies to a majority of the frequent posters on these threads, doesn't it ?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
                    Not really. Mookie may be a dink, but he does have a job, wife and kids. Some with Kepler. Brent? Not so sure...

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

Comment

I read Brent's comments and find some of them right on the money. If you are looking at the principle of the thing they may be correct. The world rarely looks at things black and white so the mitigating factors may make the point moot but it is still a point. I may not agree at all but I think he is articulate when he makes a point. Some of the things you guys react to baffle me. It is like watching my mother (who can't hear) assume people say things and go off on them.

Comment

He seems nice.
                        Cornell University

Comment

• Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
                          I read Brent's comments and find some of them right on the money. If you are looking at the principle of the thing they may be correct. The world rarely looks at things black and white so the mitigating factors may make the point moot but it is still a point. I may not agree at all but I think he is articulate when he makes a point. Some of the things you guys react to baffle me. It is like watching my mother (who can't hear) assume people say things and go off on them.
                          Sorry, but “both sides are bad so i won’t vote” argument is seriously flawed

Comment

Originally posted by BassAle View Post
                            Sorry, but “both sides are bad so i won’t vote” argument is seriously flawed
                            Whatever happened to the idea of respecting a person's decision to either vote or not vote? You guys have sat here and attacked Brent for 13 months over his decision not to cast a vote. No disrespect intended, but it's none of your god**** business whether, or why, he chose to sit out that vote.
                            That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
                              Whatever happened to the idea of respecting a person's decision to either vote or not vote? You guys have sat here and attacked Brent for 13 months over his decision not to cast a vote. No disrespect intended, but it's none of your god**** business whether, or why, he chose to sit out that vote.
                              They do have a bit of a point that, unless you make your voice heard about who you want to represent you, even if it's a write-in vote, then there's not much to stand on when you have a complaint. That being said, it is also perfectly reasonable, when presented between the choice of what I believe was described as between a ham sandwich and a pile of dog doo in a lunch line, to exit the line and insist upon something better. There are consequences in both directions.

Probably the one thing that's really going to turn people off, though, is when they actually do make the decision to raise their voice, but it's not in the way that the in-crowd desires, so they'll just hear more complaining.

IIRC, there was a South Park episode back in 2004 that summed this up quite well.

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
                                Nah, he seems more like a guy taking the opposite point of view and arguing it beyond the point of reason to get a rise out of people. I can totally respect that, but after the billionth time its like "does this guy have an actual life?"

So, if you don't like the heat, stay out of the fire. Brent gets about what he deserves out here.

Comment

Working...
                                X