X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: POTUS 45.25: Oh Jesus, What Now

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
    The principle of respecting the will of the voters is the same though.
    So should respecting the law and the sovereignty of this country. The situations are very different between this guy and President Obama. Other than people questioning where he was born, he was never caught up in any thing that could be interference in an election by a foreign country.

When the candidate messes with the election, consequences should be there. Just ask Nixon.

Then there's the general disgust that we are letting people be outright bigots, the president is likely corrupt in getting more money for himself, and .... I could go on, but this guy is very different than all of the previous ones. If you don't find that troubling, that's interesting.

Comment

If Trump colluded with Russia to win the election he belongs in a prison cell. The charge being Treason. Anybody who disagrees with this prefers to support party (in this case the Republicans) over country.
      Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

2 p.m.

The White House is offering a rebuttal to sexual misconduct allegations involving President Donald Trump.

Press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders had promised that the White House would provide a list of eyewitnesses and evidence to exonerate Trump.

Nearly 24 hours later, it sent over a rebuttal of just two of the accounts, one that Trump groped a woman on a plane in the 1970s, the other that he behaved inappropriately in a beauty pageant dressing room.

But both simply cited news reports quoting eyewitnesses who vouched for Trump’s behavior.

Several of Trump’s accusers have resurfaced their accusations against the president amid a rising tide sexual misconduct claims that have cost a number of powerful men positions of prominence in entertainment, journalism and politics.
        Update on Trump's sexual harassment issues from Huckleberry.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/enter...=.db9f29b2b660
        **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
        Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
          The principle of respecting the will of the voters is the same though.
          Except we arent saying he isnt the President or he should go away because he is a Republican and we dont like them. We are saying if he broke laws to get there he should be punished. We are saying that we want to know if Russia influenced things and how. If he and his staff didnt overtly try and help them influence things then he is fine (on that charge anyways) but we still need to know.

Obama had to sit through a decade of people saying he wasnt a real American and he stole the Presidency because he had a Muslim sounding name and looked like a slave not one of their owners. Hell the entire Trump phenomenon (not to mention the Tea Party along with the rise of the New Reich) are backlash to Maliq Al-Liberalov being elected. The Will of the People died right then.

And you cant compare the two...in one case we are questioning whether another country tried to cause problems (something everyone in the know seems to accept) and in the other 37% of the country didnt think a Black Man could be born in Hawaii should be able to have a job let alone be President. Then an entire political party embraced it and still does.
          Last edited by Handyman; 12-12-2017, 02:36 PM.
          "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
          -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
          -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
            That is amazing. I can't believe he hasn't deleted that Tweet.

Lumpy is as dumb as they come. Poor widdle snowflake needs bodyguards everywhere he goes, too.
            Nah he will play it up on his show like he meant to do this to mess with the libruls!!!!!
            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Want to see a POS?

Most Republicans on Capitol Hill declined to comment on the president's tweet. Asked about the Democratic uproar, Sen. John Kennedy, R-La., quipped: "it's all political."
              That's a POS.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ors/944337001/
              **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/12/12/u...imes&smtyp=cur

Heartbreaking story.

http://thehill.com/homenews/administ...-on-gillibrand

And as predicted.

The White House on Tuesday denied that President Trump launched a sexist attack on Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand (D-N.Y.) when he said she “would do anything” for a campaign contribution.

“There is no way that is sexist at all,” White House press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders told reporters.

Instead, Sanders said the president was accusing Gillibrand of being “controlled by contributions” and hammering home his pledge to “drain the swamp” in Washington.

“I think that the president is very obvious,” she said. “This is the same sentiment the president has expressed many times before when he has exposed the corruption of the entire political system.”

The spokesperson said the president does not owe the senator an apology if his words were interpreted to have a sexist meaning.

"I think only if your mind is in the gutter you would have read it that way, so no," she said.

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                  Nah he will play it up on his show like he meant to do this to mess with the libruls!!!!!
                  Of course. When you are in the entertainment business, it doesn't matter if people are praising you, insulting you, mocking you or begging for more. The only thing that hurts is when they stop talking about you.
                  That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
                    Of course. When you are in the entertainment business, it doesn't matter if people are praising you, insulting you, mocking you or begging for more. The only thing that hurts is when they stop talking about you.
                    What's the cliche about Rush? His lovers listen for 5 minutes, his haters listen for 15 minutes?

The way to deal with the Echo Chamber is to put the whole thing on ignore. Stop talking about them, stop running their clips. If you're a politician stop taking their questions. Stop lending them any legitimacy.

Give up on their viewers and listeners. They are already dead. They are never coming back to reality.

Ignore is your friend.
                    Cornell University
                    National Champion 1967, 1970
                    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                      What's the cliche about Rush? His lovers listen for 5 minutes, his haters listen for 15 minutes?
                      They said the same thing about Howard Stern.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                        They said the same thing about Howard Stern.
                        Of course. They are in the same business. And now we have a president who is running the same business out of the White House. He's a shock jock. He takes sh-ts on camera for ratings. That's all he is.
                        Cornell University
                        National Champion 1967, 1970
                        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                          Of course. They are in the same business. And now we have a president who is running the same business out of the White House. He's a shock jock. He takes sh-ts on camera for ratings. That's all he is.
                          Are we sick of winning yet?

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                            Exactly. It's almost like I wrote the quote.

There are really only two correct approaches to responding to a tweet like Trumps.

Option one, which is the option I would follow if it were me, is don't respond at all. It's kind of like insults around here. Most I simply ignore. I know posters are looking for a response, so why give it to them.

Option two is to get down in the mud and wrestle with the pig. It's not particularly becoming, but it's fun, and I'll admit that occasionally I give into my baser instincts here and choose this option.

If you wanted to choose option two, and if I were the Senator in question, I would have responded with a tweet something like the following: "Elections require going to people with means, for support. Turns out it was a dry hole."

Tilt back at him, while ignoring the sexual innuendo.
                            That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                              I think folks are reading too far into it, if they think that tweet is implying sex-for-money.
                              Of course you do.

But you're not a Trump supporter. You keep telling us that. While making every excuse possible for the man.
                              What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
                                Exactly. It's almost like I wrote the quote.

There are really only two correct approaches to responding to a tweet like Trumps.

Option one, which is the option I would follow if it were me, is don't respond at all. It's kind of like insults around here. Most I simply ignore. I know posters are looking for a response, so why give it to them.

Option two is to get down in the mud and wrestle with the pig. It's not particularly becoming, but it's fun, and I'll admit that occasionally I give into my baser instincts here and choose this option.

If you wanted to choose option two, and if I were the Senator in question, I would have responded with a tweet something like the following: "Elections require going to people with means, for support. Turns out it was a dry hole."

Tilt back at him, while ignoring the sexual innuendo.
                                No. Neither of them work for me. He's the President of the United States. He needs to answer for what he's tweeting. We have set up a system right now where the 4th estate has been destroyed and Trump spends every day of his life making sure it stays that way. It cannot stand.

Comment

Working...
                                X