X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: POTUS 45.25: Oh Jesus, What Now

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
    Trump administration has given the cdc list of words that are banned from being used in official docs
    The forbidden words are “vulnerable,” “entitlement,” “diversity,” “transgender,” “fetus,” “evidence-based” and “science-based.”

**** these people and **** everyone who voted for them
    I'm surprised entitlement is on there, that seems to be a favorite of the right to disparage SS and any other social welfare plan.

Edit: Never mind, didn't see the CDC part. Food stamps probably doesn't come up much in their reports.
    Last edited by Spartanforlife4; 12-15-2017, 11:35 PM.
    Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
      I don't claim to be an expert on Ginsburg, but it was my recollection that her litigation career was more along the lines of a "solicitor general" type of career, where she primarily appeared for oral argument in front of the US Appellate courts or US Supreme Court, and not out taking depositions or litigating product liability cases.
      Well, your recollection appears to be mistaken...unless you are somehow dismissing litigating women's rights issues as incomparable with product liability cases. Plus, RBG was never nominated to be a district court judge, which is an extraordinarily different role than a U.S. Appellate Judge. Quite simply, your reference to the Notorious RBG does not support your premise.

As for you consistently pointing to depositions, that was only one of the glaring insufficiencies in the idiot nominee's resume. More importantly, he wasn't familiar with the Federal Rules of Evidence or Civil Procedure (pretty important for a federal district court judge); he did not know the 702 standard; he did not know what a Motion in limine was; and appeared wholly unfamiliar with the litigation process.

As I said before, would you take your car to a mechanic who didn't know what an oil filter was? Throw in that the mechanic doesn't know how to check the oil, and isn't familiar with how an engine works. You still taking your car to that mechanic? Only an idiot would.
      North Dakota
      National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

"I have almost nothing bad to say about Matthew Spencer Petersen. But I have nothing good to say about the people who nominated and supported him."

Mr. Petersen is manifestly not qualified to be a United States District Judge — that is, a federal trial judge... ...But his nomination reflects very badly on this administration, on those Senators who will support him out of party loyalty, and on the American Bar Association, which rated him as qualified.

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
          Well, your recollection appears to be mistaken...unless you are somehow dismissing litigating women's rights issues as incomparable with product liability cases. Plus, RBG was never nominated to be a district court judge, which is an extraordinarily different role than a U.S. Appellate Judge. Quite simply, your reference to the Notorious RBG does not support your premise.

As for you consistently pointing to depositions, that was only one of the glaring insufficiencies in the idiot nominee's resume. More importantly, he wasn't familiar with the Federal Rules of Evidence or Civil Procedure (pretty important for a federal district court judge); he did not know the 702 standard; he did not know what a Motion in limine was; and appeared wholly unfamiliar with the litigation process.

As I said before, would you take your car to a mechanic who didn't know what an oil filter was? Throw in that the mechanic doesn't know how to check the oil, and isn't familiar with how an engine works. You still taking your car to that mechanic? Only an idiot would.
          I cannot conceive of even a 3L student not knowing what a motion in limine is.

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post

To put it in more perspective, I never went to Law school (just took undergrad classes) and I have a better understanding of the law than this guy does. The only reason he is even up for the job was because he was on the Election Commission. He doesnt have the requisite knowledge to run traffic court let alone be a federal court judge.

I am hoping the RBG thing was a bit, and attempt at "GOTCHA" that just went wrong because a simple google search would have told Hovey how ridiculously misguided his point was. And again, it wasnt like it was Amy Klobuchar asking him a bunch of super obscure legal questions in hopes of making him look foolish, this was a Republican asking him about as basic a question as you can ask just so he can get his feet under him. This is on par with being at a job interview and them asking about your previous experience. This is Katie Couric asking Sarah Palin what magazines she reads.

Much like most of Trump's nominees, I am sure there is a job this guy is qualified for, but this isnt it.
            Last edited by Handyman; 12-16-2017, 09:47 AM.
            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Jackie speier from house intelligence committee said the prominent rumor right now is that trump will fire mueller next week.

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                Jackie speier from house intelligence committee said the prominent rumor right now is that trump will fire mueller next week.
                God I hope he does.
                **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                  God I hope he does.
                  You know it’s coming- conservative News has done nothing but run stories about how mueller has to go.

Comment

That’s both bad and good. Bad because Mueller might be the best law enforcement officer in this country. Good because I’m hoping this pushes either the GOP or American public over the edge.
                    Code:
                    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                    Originally posted by SanTropez
                    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                    Originally posted by Kepler
                    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                      That’s both bad and good. Bad because Mueller might be the best law enforcement officer in this country. Good because I’m hoping this pushes either the GOP or American public over the edge.
                      Sadly I don’t think either can be pushed to the edge.

Comment

Probably not
                        Code:
                        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Probably not
                          Here’s more today:
                          Sen. John Cornyn, the number 2 Republican in the Senate, has become the highest-ranking Republican to take aim at special counsel Robert Mueller, saying he needs to "clean house of partisans" from his investigation and firing back at Obama AG Eric Holder, saying Holder doesn't speak for Americans who would oppose Trump firing Mueller.

They are setting it up nicely. Somehow I doubt they will look to purge any partisans who like trump, though.

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                            Here’s more today:
                            Sen. John Cornyn, the number 2 Republican in the Senate, has become the highest-ranking Republican to take aim at special counsel Robert Mueller, saying he needs to "clean house of partisans" from his investigation and firing back at Obama AG Eric Holder, saying Holder doesn't speak for Americans who would oppose Trump firing Mueller.

They are setting it up nicely. Somehow I doubt they will look to purge any partisans who like trump, though.
                            We are honestly looking at a dictatorship. The GOP is complicit. This is how democracies are destroyed.
                            Code:

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                              We are honestly looking at a dictatorship. The GOP is complicit. This is how democracies are destroyed.
                              House Of Cards is no longer fiction.
                              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                              Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Most people missed the story yesterday of trump admin paying a republican Research firm 120k to investigate who is anti trump in the EPA. Truly nazi or Stasi behavior and the silence from many is deafening

Comment

Working...
                                X