X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: POTUS 45.25: Oh Jesus, What Now

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
    And maybe you should read my post again. Nowhere did I say not voting is a "time honored tradition." I posted that it is a citizen's right to choose not to vote, a right that Brent (and many others) chose to exercise.
    "Whatever happened to the idea of respecting a person's decision to either vote or not vote?" - you
    I went home with a waitress the way I always do
    How was I to know she was with the russians, too?

Comment

Originally posted by E.J. Smith View Post
      I know you're slow but can you at least try for coherency every once in a while. Nowhere did I mention force - go ahead, read my post again, we can wait - m'kay? Good boy, wasn't hard, was it? It's called civics, it's called being a citizen, you don't do it because you have to, you do it because it's the right thing to do. You don't like either of the candidates, write one in, you can do that. And not Mickey Mouse. Think of the best person for the job and write that name in. They'll see it, maybe it will make them think. Maybe they'll run next time. Those votes are not wasted.

"I don't vote cuz no one is good"
      "Not voting is a time honored tradition"
      "Votin' is wut diktayturs make people do"

This is why we can't have nice things in this country.
      Look, you're not going to get any argument from me when it comes to write-ins. Maybe you should read one of my previous posts where I actually mentioned this. Go ahead, we can wait - m'kay? Good boy, wasn't hard, was it?

Unfortunately, secret ballots, at least in my state, no longer exist. When you sign the book, your ballot number is recorded in the book before you fill it out and place it at the scanning machine. You can actually go back to figure out someone's exact vote. So much for a time honored tradition. Intimidation, especially in a country like this, is a way to dissuade people. And then to chide them because they didn't vote is just plain low.

Comment

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
        That's the South Park reference, but what I mentioned was something that was posted here.

Comment

Originally posted by E.J. Smith View Post
          "Whatever happened to the idea of respecting a person's decision to either vote or not vote?" - you
          Exactly. I'm still looking for the words "time honored tradition."

Brent has a right to vote, and a right to choose not to vote. I respect that right. I may not agree with it. I may not to follow his course of action. But, of course, that is my right.

What I won't do is belittle someone for exercising it. So, we'll just have to agree to disagree on whether that is appropriate.
          That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Seems legit.
            Cornell University
            National Champion 1967, 1970
            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
              And maybe you should read my post again. Nowhere did I say not voting is a "time honored tradition." I posted that it is a citizen's right to choose not to vote, a right that Brent (and many others) chose to exercise.
              Isn't boycotting a time honored tradition?

Some here are talking of boycotting SiriusXM because Bannon is back on XM125. That said, why can't one choose to boycott a vote?
              The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                Pinochle.
                The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post

Some here are talking of boycotting SiriusXM because Bannon is back on XM125. That said, why can't one choose to boycott a vote?
                  I don't care if he didn't vote or not. If you didn't vote Democrat you're part of the problem. Still waiting for the "Hillary will destroy the country" explanation.
                  **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                  Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post

If you boycott voting you give more voice to the nutjobs that give us someone like Trump

Comment

Originally posted by scoobydoo View Post
                      if you didn't vote democrat you're part of the problem.
                      bsabsvd?

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                        I don't care if he didn't vote or not. If you didn't vote Democrat you're part of the problem. Still waiting for the "Hillary will destroy the country" explanation.
                        Weren't their problems when Dems were in control?
                        I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by BassAle View Post
                          If you boycott voting you give more voice to the nutjobs that give us someone like Trump
                          No, voting for Trump gives more voice to Trump.
                          And voting for H. Clinton gives more voice to H. Clinton.

Boycotting merely allows whoever show up to pick the voice. And yes, boycotting means accepting the decision you allowed others to make.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

So. This means if you didn't vote Democratic you are dismissed? If you want to win the next election (which most sane people would hope happens) those are the very people you need to be voting for the good guys. I am sure your constantly telling them they are the problem will help them see the light. This is a hella lot of stupid. You have the non-critical thinkers who will be completely unable to understand reason but you also have people who might not have been informed and now are. How long are you going to beat a dead horse?

haha- according to my ultra conservative dad I am a commie pinko. Here I almost might qualify as a rightie if that is what centrists are now
                            Last edited by leswp1; 12-14-2017, 04:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
                              So. This means if you didn't vote Democratic you are dismissed? If you want to win the next election (which most sane people would hope happens) those are the very people you need to be voting for the good guys. I am sure your constantly telling them they are the problem will help them see the light. This is a hella lot of stupid. You have the non-critical thinkers who will be completely unable to understand reason but you also have people who might not have been informed and now are. How long are you going to beat a dead horse?
                              No. He got 46.1% of the vote somehow. So, that means there is about 13.1% that may be redeemable. The other 33% are a complete waste of time and need to be ignored and forgotten.
                              **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                              Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

No. He got 46.1% of the vote somehow. So, that means there is about 13.1% that may be redeemable. The other 33% are a complete waste of time and need to be ignored and forgotten.
                                This is... true. But flipping even half of that 13.1% would give us the White House and super majorities in both chambers, and eventually in the federal judiciary, for a decade or more. 58-42 is Reagan-Mondale territory. So it's important to go after the Redeemables.

Scoob is on a roll of sanity the last few days. It's like AL helped him snap out of it.

Welcome back to the fight. This time I know our side will win.
                                Last edited by Kepler; 12-14-2017, 04:16 PM.
                                Cornell University
                                National Champion 1967, 1970
                                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Working...
                                X